Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news folks: Gary Rohan is back this week. He loves playing Melbourne.

Depends if you consider fringe players like Marchbank, Cunningham and Fogarty to be best 22.

Cerra, Saad and McGovern certainly are. Motlop is probably their best small forward but he’s still quite raw, they’d kill for a Stengle type.
They are in the 22 if the aforementioned 4 players are missing.

Good news folks: Gary Rohan is back this week. He loves playing Melbourne.

Who for, though? Potentially Dangerfield I guess, unless there is a 'managed' coming up.

Who for, though? Potentially Dangerfield I guess, unless there is a 'managed' coming up.
If you take Scott’s words at face value (dangerous I know) we won’t see them aiming to field the best 23 until finals and there’ll be lots of managing between now and then.

Early stab at the meat tray is Atkins replaces Dangerfield in the midfield, O’Connor/Dempsey to sub, Rohan into the 22.

He did fairly well on 65% GT against Hawthorn. Brisbane, it was hard to judge his endurance because obviously his direct opponent went off in the 2nd.

Thats true re brisbane.
Hawks he was better than i thought but he was rucking against a D grader in meek (who lacks mobility) plus chol. And there was that massive 30min break at 3/4 time that let him get a second wind.
I think against specific matchups we can get away with conway (and thats when you play him) but not against gawn.
You can only beat gawn by running him into the ground like grundy did in round 0 and conway camnot do that.
Stanley and blitz have at least some chance.

Danger was playing his best game since the 2022 GF until he got injured.

Might be time to only roll him out for big games hereon in.

We only probably have to go 9-7 for top 4 or 10-6 for top 2.

I noticed in that north game that neale took all 2nd ruck and blitz roamed..a bit like guthrie being kept out of the midfield last night and atkins sub they are all load management things (i said this about atkins during the week and scott said it word for word in the presser last night).

The issue is blitz is our hardest to rest as we dont have like for like replacements like our mids backs and fwds. You can get away with neale rucking against nth but his ruckwork is still very poor (as a pose to his fwd stuff which is improving) and against a top 4 team they will exploit it (if blitz is out for the week).
Plus for the 65 % neale isnt rucking he has to play fwd (as he cant play mid or wing like blitz) which in turn changes our fwd structure (which is working well).

I think long term osullivan is the closest thing to blitz that we have in the sense he can probably r2 once he bulks up but also has the ball skills to play around mid and wing-but hes at least a couple of years off.

So its hard to rest blitz unless you want to give up a bit structurally-at least for hawk neale is a like for like structure replacement (although clearly not as good) just as a clark would be for atkins or parfitt or mullin for tuohy etc.

I like knevitt and i want him to get games but im not sure if i want him rucking. Someone like witts might seriously injure him.

We just need to rest Blicavs when we play weak opposition. Richmond, Hawks, Westcoast. We can also sub him in won games with no injuries.

If you take Scott’s words at face value (dangerous I know) we won’t see them aiming to field the best 23 until finals and there’ll be lots of managing between now and then.

Early stab at the meat tray is Atkins replaces Dangerfield in the midfield, O’Connor/Dempsey to sub, Rohan into the 22.

Is Stewart not going to be back? It seems everyone makes changes without him?

great win and forward efficiency, but clearly not the blueprint Scott will be looking for in future games. Conceding 21 more I50’s is not sustainable…… Bruhn and Parfitt didn’t get near it in the first qtr and Bowes thereafter…. Stanley completely mauled after his freshen up…
Guthrie to cover paddy absence helps….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O Henry having a good year, but he needs to look out for free teammates up forward more often.
Yeah a couple of weeks in a row now he has burnt team mates more than once but now almost the only flaw in his game other than getting under the ball a bit.LOVE HIM TO DEATH THOUGH.

Did Carlton really have 8 of their best 22 out

Supposedly. Mc Govern, Saad and Motlop could have helped, but debatable. Eight of their players had under 50 games yesterday.
But it's all sliding doors, we can only play who is in front of us, Danger was absolutely burning before he got carted off, took us a few minutes to adjust.

Cottrell kicked 1 goal from the goal square cause Kolo didn’t pin the ball or turn his opponent and didn’t have much of an influence otherwise, yet King carried on all match about how he was some sort of God like role player.
Wait until sees a guy called Mark Blicavs, or should I say wait until Champion data tells him about Mark Blicavs.

Haha exactly my point ;)

Supposedly. Mc Govern, Saad and Motlop could have helped, but debatable. Eight of their players had under 50 games yesterday.
But it's all sliding doors, we can only play who is in front of us, Danger was absolutely burning before he got carted off, took us a few minutes to adjust.
I'm thinking we are the start of the wheels falling off Carlton this month

I was going to come one here and mention the 3aw commentary and all ive read is the opposite about commentators.

On 3aw yesterday you pretty much wouldn't have known Carlton were playing. Until that last 7 minutes when they came at us but all commentators do that.

Even Tim Lane (who I don't like) only said this "This Geelong team is incredible. 5 minutes ago I thought the blues were going to win and in a split second the cats have put a gap on them"

Listening to the radio I never for one second thought we'd lose.

I think the majority of commentary around the commentators here is based on the TV product.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back