Review Cats turn Lions into wet pussies at the Gabba by 26 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotation between VFL + AFL. Extra time in the gym + skills coaching.

Was fortunate to watch Menzel doing skills coaching when he was returning to AFL. It was absolutely phenomenal.

Aerobic fitness improves far more quickly than strength/muscle fitness. Playing only VFL will slow his development.

Again, I use Zuthrie as my empirical specimen.

Third time I’ve asked: how long did Zuthrie the matchstick spend in VFL, once he was in the AFL team?
Once again, I’m not saying Zuthrie didn’t play VFL at times. I just don’t know + I’m interested to know.

Happy to respect the ‘Clark to VFL’ for 50 or however many games. I think physical development is very different now to even five years ago ☺️

Hello Kitty I don't know the answer but remember they really persevered at AFL level, hardly any VFL other than his foundation year. However if your'e using empirical method on your specimen it involves the use of objective, quantitative observation. Considering we all used to tell poor Zuthrie to get back to the little league, I'm not sure I'd trust the theory. Shameful really. :)

I wonder if we ever saw a ruck battle been Dean "big Cox" Cox and Big O

Nope

But I can imagine a comment or two like,

"Big Cox is taking advantage of the Young O at the moment"

Clark went to Saint Ignatius College, Geelong. Well educated by the Jesuits.

BTW
Three things God doesn’t know:
How much money the Franciscans have;
How many orders of the Sisters of Charity there are;
What the Jesuits are going to say next.
And I’m sure there was some kind of AFL program there (which it looks like Jhye now works in) but a Jesuit school is unlikely to have as comprehensive, central or well-resourced a football program as the massive ones at the wealthy APS schools (Melbourne and Geelong Grammar, etc), where most top juniors are offered full scholarships and curriculums/pathways that are custom-built for impending AFL careers.

And I’m sure there was some kind of AFL program there (which it looks like Jhye now works in) but a Jesuit school is unlikely to have as comprehensive, central or well-resourced a football program as the massive ones at the wealthy APS schools (Melbourne and Geelong Grammar, etc), where most top juniors are offered full scholarships and curriculums/pathways that are custom-built for impending AFL careers.

Lots of players from St Joseph’s.
Being in NSW, Iggies + Joeys dominate sport: Rugby (correctly, which is Union) cricket + rowing. NSW equivalent is GPS.

That Clark went to Iggies, was my assumption, it was an APS school.

Thank you for explaining.

We could lighten up the selection nerves.
Can anyone with more skill than me post the Jeremy Cameron true and false with Ch 7. (if it's not been done already)
It's a bit funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone with more skill than me post the Jeremy Cameron true and false with Ch 7. (if it's not been done already)
It's a bit funny.

Do people actually get anxious about selections? I thought that was an act, seriously what a pointless thing to worry about. It's something I get excited about not worried about fwiw.

Do people actually get anxious about selections? I thought that was an act, seriously what a pointless thing to worry about. It's something I get excited about not worried about fwiw.

I just find it funny when supporters convince themselves the coaching staff, who analyse the games of every player in minute detail, have made a shocking selection mistake based on statistics you can find in 2 seconds.

Like when Constable was dropped while averaging over 21 touches a game. As though the coaching staff would've changed their mind if they just knew how many touches he was averaging.

I just find it funny when supporters convince themselves the coaching staff, who analyse the games of every player in minute detail, have made a shocking selection mistake based on statistics you can find in 2 seconds.

Like when Constable was dropped while averaging over 21 touches a game. As though the coaching staff would've changed their mind if they just knew how many touches he was averaging.

Touché.

My thoughts exactly. Scott et al. know a shite load more about the game, our tactics, and our players then I ever will. I may as well just enjoy the ride.

It's a bit funny.
Here you go Sam

FYI:
“Geelong superstar Jeremy Cameron reveals why he squeezes the ball before kicking for goal.

“As you know the footy’s are pretty much brand new and they’ve barely been kicked at the starts of games.
“I don’t like them being that pointy and that’s where it sort of comes from, I try to round it off as much as I can in the short 20 seconds that I’ve got the footy. Quite often they are really pointy and I often kick it on the more rounded end.”
Talking Footy

Nah, you're right, I don't think they do, but maybe a bit argumentative (i.e.Guthrie) I just mentioned that to keep my request/everything relative to this thread, probably poorly worded. Anyway we got the Cameron responses thanks to the fab Hello Kitty

Ill believe it when he’s listed as “1 week” in the injury report on Tuesday 😎

It ended up being TBC.

Just for clarification, that tweet was posted following the provision of information by the club to the media.

We're not tweeting that a player has a concussion without having information saying such.

Kingy

It ended up being TBC.

Just for clarification, that tweet was posted following the provision of information by the club to the media.

We're not tweeting that a player has a concussion without having information saying such.

Kingy
Bit of an in joke about the injury report Kingy.

play on

I agree that the differences in how the two teams dealt with key players going off is down to the coaches.
To my mind it was almost a clinical win. We didn't really blast them at any particular time. We just kept doing our thing. The fact we seemed better prepared to play in the conditions is a testament to the coaching staff. I can just see a meeting where there is input on different scenarios that need to be looked at and added to the bullet points at the next meeting with players. Playing in the rain, odd matchups, what ifs......etc. Scott has shown he looks at a game plan with greater depth than most coaches.
I liked how in the beginning, we were kind of hanging on. Playing hard, but having to be reactive against a motivated and confident side. As soon as they stalled a little, showed a crack, we went just little harder with the pressure and took over, especially at the end of 1Q and 2Q.
Again, I think that is good coaching by the whole staff.
and all that work from Scott while taking so little credit and giving it all to his assistants and management and and

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

FYI:
“Geelong superstar Jeremy Cameron reveals why he squeezes the ball before kicking for goal.

“As you know the footy’s are pretty much brand new and they’ve barely been kicked at the starts of games.
“I don’t like them being that pointy and that’s where it sort of comes from, I try to round it off as much as I can in the short 20 seconds that I’ve got the footy. Quite often they are really pointy and I often kick it on the more rounded end.”
Talking Footy

Geelong superstar admits to ball tampering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back