Review Cats turn Lions into wet pussies at the Gabba by 26 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, true. Still we have the Parfitt dilemma. Ignore Brisbane game, because many players struggled. Looking at Parfitt's form, I think he is in the 22.

NB:
1. Both are different types of players;
2. Stats included only as part of their game analysis.

Brisbane stats, both had:
17 Disposals
9 Kicks
8 Handballs
1 Mark
6 Tackles - Parfitt
4 Tackles - Atkins
7 Clearances - Parfitt
0 Clearances - Atkins
1 Goal - Parfitt
0 Goals - Atkins

Atkins also deserves to be in the 22.

Yes, it is a situation of who goes out, to fit Parfitt + Atkins into the team.

Is the Carlton game an opportunity to rest one of the Kittens?

Over recent times they've started playing two different roles, so it's not necessarily a case of one over the other in the side

Such has been Parfitt's form in the midfield, that Atkins has already been moved out of that rotation and he was back in his small defender role - a key reason he had no clearances on Saturday night

It’s not like say 2016 when we had a bunch like Parsons...
I don't like to denigrate any Cat, and anyone who gets a game of AFL is obviously extremely talented, but I have to admit James Parsons was on the end of the occasional exhortation in the Doris household.

Over recent times they've started playing two different roles, so it's not necessarily a case of one over the other in the side

Such has been Parfitt's form in the midfield, that Atkins has already been moved out of that rotation and he was back in his small defender role - a key reason he had no clearances on Saturday night
Yes, I stated:
“NB:
1. Both are different types of players;”

I stating Parfitt’s form is 22 worthy. Others are stating there is no position for Parfitt in the 22. I asked if it’s now a situation of rotating Kittens + how to fit Parfitt into the team.

10 Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
8 Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
4 Max Holmes (GEEL)
3 Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 Jarrod Berry (BL)
1 Noah Answerth (BL)

I know the name, but what role did Answerth play on Saturday night?

And did Zorko get 3 votes for his acting abilities?

Surprised only Stengle, Guthrie & Holmes were the only players with votes from both coaches

I'm not writing Clark off by any means but I think in this day and age non KPP top 10 picks should be close to ready to play. The chosen ones that end up in that spot in the draft are in a professional program since they were 15 these days. Different granted for someone like Dempsey who played a handful of school footy games in grade 12 and got rookied but these high picks have been programmed for AFL from a young age and can impact early.

GC giving up pick 7 for a salary dump looks crazier than it was, they seem to have clocked that draft pretty well tbh. The players around that pick that we were linked to, Tsatas, Phillipou, Busslinger etc, none of them setting the world on fire.
I have no info, just a guess, but I suspect the big private school footy programs have a fair bit to do with that too. Clark’s bio doesn’t list his school, so I assume he wasn’t in one.

I think Atkins offers more options whilst Parf offers just the one.
Axe is a man between positions/jobs atm for me.
Whether that's hindering him with switching between assignments i'm not sure.
As I commented + cats_09 replied to me, they’re playing different roles. Parfitt is in 22 form. What’s another option to keep Parfitt in the team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes my targeted ads even funnier actually

View attachment 1966258
😹
200.gif

You might have missed the bit where I said my concern is for Tom's health, it's not having an immediate answer on his playing future. I understand mild brain injury, and don't need to chill, perhaps I have more of an investment in knowing he's okay without the need to text needlessly. An admission that he most likely has a concussion but seems to be doing well would allay anxiety for everyone, not just me, but it's beyond Scott in case he gets it wrong. In other words, the medical staff he has spoken too are unsure which is fair enough, but Scott won't even comment in a sympathetic manner on what is obvious. He could still do that and cover his arse at the same time.
Scott only needs to say Stewart had a concussion test + is under medical care. He returned to the bench to watch the rest of the game + will have further tests. We will advise, once we know more. We wish him a quick return to the team.

To me, Scott’s response ‘appeared’ a bit uncaring, but that’s just me. A sympathetic comment.

Agree Sam, we seek reassurance because we’re concerned for Tom’s health. No one is expecting test results, or full medical details.

This thread title has to be the filthiest I have ever witnessed on the Cattery board!
I was surprised by the thread title too. Perhaps we just have filthy minds? But due to my game day thread faux pas, I’m not in any position to judge 😏

On a side note - Darcy and co pretty much blew their loads watching McCarthy and Cameron do basketball style bounces with the footy on saturday, yet had nothing to say when Z-Bang did the same thing as the ball was going out of play, tapped it back in and then did a behind the back over the head handpass to a cats player.

Last edited:
I love him and wish him the best but he's not physically ready yet. Back to VFL to gain confidence and give others their deserved shot
Rotation between VFL + AFL. Extra time in the gym + skills coaching.

Was fortunate to watch Menzel doing skills coaching when he was returning to AFL. It was absolutely phenomenal.

Aerobic fitness improves far more quickly than strength/muscle fitness. Playing only VFL will slow his development.

Again, I use Zuthrie as my empirical specimen.

Third time I’ve asked: how long did Zuthrie the matchstick spend in VFL, once he was in the AFL team?
Once again, I’m not saying Zuthrie didn’t play VFL at times. I just don’t know + I’m interested to know.

Happy to respect the ‘Clark to VFL’ for 50 or however many games. I think physical development is very different now to even five years ago ☺️

I know the name, but what role did Answerth play on Saturday night?

And did Zorko get 3 votes for his acting abilities?

Surprised only Stengle, Guthrie & Holmes were the only players with votes from both coaches
Answerth was doing a stopping job on Miers. Bit of a weird one as Miers was still pretty influential I thought.

I have no info, just a guess, but I suspect the big private school footy programs have a fair bit to do with that too. Clark’s bio doesn’t list his school, so I assume he wasn’t in one.
Clark went to Saint Ignatius College, Geelong. Well educated by the Jesuits.

BTW
Three things God doesn’t know:
How much money the Franciscans have;
How many orders of the Sisters of Charity there are;
What the Jesuits are going to say next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back