Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know - we've had players fined for staging in previous seasons

But as it stands, the MRO has fined Henry for striking and not Willams for staging

Henry/Geelong can submit a written appeal, and even if that's accepted by the panel with Henry no longer having to pay a fine, it doesn't then equate to Williams being fined for staging

As of this afternoon's MRO findings, Willams has no case to answer and that's not going to change
Thanks Perry Mason

This is so shortsighted.

You are probably one of those supporters stuck in the 1980’s who gets shitty every time a player kicks across goals or blames a defender when their man is free after a centre square turnover.
There’s a real disease on this board of intolerance of any criticism of our players. If one can’t see the mistakes Kolo makes then that’s your problem. It is possible to see both the good and bad, for instance…

5. Cameron
4. Holmes
3. Miers
2. Kolodjashnij
1. Tuohy

There’s a real disease on this board of intolerance of any criticism of our players. If one can’t see the mistakes Kolo makes then that’s your problem. It is possible to see both the good and bad, for instance…
And melodramatic exaggeration. They were only disagreeing with your opinion, not spreading a plague. ;)

Yes, even turning Cottrell away from goal was the bare minimum necessary. He’d like his time again, for sure.
This isn't just limited to this tackle but there's two issues that caused it, and many more like it.

1. The MRO crackdown on dangerous tackles, and the ensuing reluctance of players to take opponents to ground. Like they would have up until a year or two ago.

2. Umpires don't adjust for this and protect players from dump tackles or committing them by not blowing their whistles sooner.

That tackle could and should have been whistled for a ball up sooner.

This is so shortsighted.

You are probably one of those supporters stuck in the 1980’s who gets shitty every time a player kicks across goals or blames a defender when their man is free after a centre square turnover.
Kolo has been my whipping boy over the years but he has been playing well in recent times. That Cottrell goal could have been avoided but Kolo didn't do a lot wrong. The look on his face showed how disappointed he was. The important thing is he helped quell Curnow.

That’s true, but a different conversation to denying the mistakes at all.

Was that Hinkley29 position? People get defensive when a player is attacked beyond what is "fair". What is fair is hard to judge. He certainly isn't Sav.

On that tackle in particular, at the time I felt Kolodjashnij was looking at the umpire to make a call as both had been stationary for a while. Three years ago he would have dumped Cottrell, you can't do the 2nd action to bring players to ground. That same tackle done on the wing gets forgotten 3 minutes later.

What a bloody good display.

Chris Scott Masterclass in coaching - GFC Masterclass in execution.

Blues fans Masterclass in being Blues fans.

Was that Hinkley29 position? People get defensive when a player is attacked beyond what is "fair". What is fair is hard to judge. He certainly isn't Sav.

On that tackle in particular, at the time I felt Kolodjashnij was looking at the umpire to make a call as both had been stationary for a while. Three years ago he would have dumped Cottrell, you can't do the 2nd action to bring players to ground. That same tackle done on the wing gets forgotten 3 minutes later.
Exactly- no attempt to get rid of the ball, and eventually kicks it, but that was too long.
And also the tackle - Kolo is a strong brute and could easily bring the player to ground, but ... decided not to probably under instruction.

He didn’t have to dump him. I don’t understand why that is assumed. He has a massive size and strength advantage - possibly 15kg. All he needed to do was turn him away from goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF you want continue with the back & forth BS, take it to a private message & leave it out of the forum - it’s boring & tiring for the rest of us

Have a look again at the piece of play in question.

And then ask yourself what were Holmes and j Henry doing standing near kolo and doing nothing.

Then ask yourself why you aren’t carrying on like a pork chop about their mistakes/lack of urgency during the play in question.

If you are gonna be an irrational tool in your assessment of mistakes, at least apply your flawed logic consistently.
On reflection it's probably a case where those 2nd/3rd players nearby need to actively swarm the Kolo/Cottrell contest to really kill the ball. Or Kolo has to physically hold the ball in while he tackles. It was a frustrating moment for sure but he had a bunch of brilliant ones and that incident was still a fraction off being a nothing event.

I'm not good at interpreting rules but when Kolo tackled and paused for the whistle, Cottrell then dropped the ball didn't he?.................onto his own foot.
Feel ump was seconds away from blowing the whistle once he spat his gum out.

And melodramatic exaggeration. They were only disagreeing with your opinion, not spreading a plague. ;)
I tend to agree with catempire. I try to give praise to players who are doing well or stepping up. However I can be critical when I see players not contributing or not up to par. There are players who seem to be untouchables in some eyes. I think it's better to call it how you see it and admit you were wrong when you were wrong.

I tend to agree with catempire. I try to give praise to players who are doing well or stepping up. However I can be critical when I see players not contributing or not up to par. There are players who seem to be untouchables in some eyes. I think it's better to call it how you see it and admit you were wrong when you were wrong.
I'm all for free speech, but it should go both ways and I think phrases like the bolded are unnecessary. Just argue the actual point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back