Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically if we did send him off this year, are we up for the final 3 years of his contract or just 6 months?

I presume he has something in place like Simpson where he has protected himself from early contract end.

If it’s 3 years, he ain’t goin’ nowhere unless he resigns.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some need it more than others.

We could win the flag and Saintly would still need to turn up Monday for therapy.

He’s a basket case.

What happened to that dude anyway?

If it’s not you, then it’s the other guy in this thread.

Ask him? Better be quick though, they turn off the wifi in the clink at night.

It’s not me, I assure you.

* realises username also starts with an S, followed by a 2 digit number, and backs out of room slowly *

Who am I? Lol.

You must be Saintly. It makes sense now.

Head back to the shrink son.
Who the duck is Saintly?
Some need it more than others.

We could win the flag and Saintly would still need to turn up Monday for therapy.

He’s a basket case.
I liked Saintly … where is he ? Top bloke with good input . Unlike some here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s the list v * last year

Again, even add a 34 year old Goldie and Ziebell, who we all agreed this time last year was cooked and needed to hang up the boots asap, is that really the difference between (for all intents and purposes) beating a team that played in the previous years grand final, and this year getting slaughtered by bottom 4 teams?

You put a coach like Clarko in charge because he eats tough times like this for breakfast. As much as he will be our next premiership coach, he is the guy that can weather the storm and take the hits in the press conference. This isn’t Clarkos first rodeo.

But what we have is post-brutal public character assassination Clarko. Might as well be a different person. And if we need a Neeld/Bolton/Teague type sacrificial lamb to weather the storm while we cobble together a competitive list from our high draft picks, there are cheaper options.

You put a coach like Clarko in charge because he eats tough times like this for breakfast. As much as he will be our next premiership coach, he is the guy that can weather the storm and take the hits in the press conference. This isn’t Clarkos first rodeo.
We will never know, but Barassi at Sydney and Walls at Brisbane are credited for what came next.

There is an argument we need to ride the pu is he f for a while. If not Clarkson then someone, and it may as well be Clarkson now.

Although I still think the wheel is slowly turning.

I’ve had a few glasses of Shiraz so please excuse me.

95% of the reason we are as bad as we are has ZERO to do with
Clarko
Jen
Sonja

We had 4 players over 26 play today.

Of which only one 1 (Jy) gets a game at most teams in a the AFL.

What got us into that position happened ALONG time earlier than Clarko, Jen and Sonja.

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble
Etc they are the contributors to our current predicament not the current guys.

The blaming of Clarko is ridiculous. As is blaming Sonja and Jen.

Cmon we gotta pull this board together.

Clarko
Jen
Sonja

What got us into that position happened ALONG time earlier than Clarko, Jen and Sonja.

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble

I love Sonia & Jen .. as for Clarko … well that’s why this thread was created . For people to voice their opinions.

Clarko
Jen
Sonja

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble

9/10, need to remove the maybe before Bradys.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clarko
Jen
Sonja

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble

At the Hawks game, after we predictably melted like a chocolate fireguard in the second quarter, I spent most of the game watching the players off the ball, and how they approached contests, and even how they dealt with getting the ball in uncontested situations and what they did after they made it someone elses problem, and they basically all played like weekend warriors playing a game for division 3 VAFA side, like the guys who play act they were going in hard, to live out their footy fantasy, but not actually going in hard cos they cant afford to bust a finger and take time off work.

That is all I am really interested in, I could give a good godamn whether we win X amount of games, but they are not playing for the coach, aren't invested in the club, in what they are doing, and appear to be phoning it in as much as they can get away with while they milk their last opportunity at an AFL payday.

I dont know how that doesn't lead to questions about the coaching since creating a high performance culture is one of the central reasons Clarko was chased for the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back