Bye Bye Jen Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarfio got torn to shreds today in the Herald Sun by Sam Landsberger.

I am not willing to judge Jenn Watts until I see what plan she has for the Tasmania exit strategy.
She was head hunted by Sonja and chosen for the role over Simon Lloyd, inevitably to find a solution to replace the future lost revenue.
There are 3 drafts left. If my the end of the calendar year there isnt anything concrete, then I know were f***ed.

Tassie is getting its own side. There is no shame in preparing for life after that. The members deserve to f***ing know what the club plans to do about it.
She will probably come up with a plan to kick more members out of their seats.

It might actually work though because if this s**t show continues there won’t be as many members to * over.

Amarfio got torn to shreds today in the Herald Sun by Sam Landsberger.

I am not willing to judge Jenn Watts until I see what plan she has for the Tasmania exit strategy.
She was head hunted by Sonja and chosen for the role over Simon Lloyd, inevitably to find a solution to replace the future lost revenue.
There are 3 drafts left. If my the end of the calendar year there isnt anything concrete, then I know were f***ed.

Tassie is getting its own side. There is no shame in preparing for life after that. The members deserve to f***ing know what the club plans to do about it.
The plan is to run a fund raiser for a Cafe at Hardon St whereby members tip in more of their hard earned. Then on the following day the club will announce a new 5 game deal in the NT. :stern look

The plan is to run a fund raiser for a Cafe at Hardon St whereby members tip in more of their hard earned. Then on the following day the club will announce a new 5 game deal in the NT. :stern look
But winning games there will help make the finals, so jokes on us.

I don't have a strong opinion on Jen. But I do think it's worth noting that the criticisms raised here are not explicitly sexist, nor do they criticise overtly masculine or feminine traits.

If you change the name and pronouns, the post does not lose its message.

We got Clarko in before Watt.

I’m not saying it was her decision but as CEO she either endorses what is going on or doesn’t.

At very least she should come out and explain the current dire state of our football and that we in fact expected such poor results this year and all is on track.

Her or anyone hiding behind another never ending rebuild that takes time is not good enough, nor should it be good enough to accept as CEO.

I think as fans we have been more than patient, even during her and Clarko’s reign. We accept supporting an organisation that has no chance of winning the flag each year or even making finals. Think of that for a moment. Think if you are a young fan in the schoolyard or a parent trying to have their child support this club.

But we are at a stage where we are miles off even a win, we are uncompetitive, look unfit and seemingly have no structure. If people want to keep hiding behind Clarko’s 4 flags in a previous era as to why this rubbish should be accepted, we may as well shut the doors now.

Last edited:
I don't have a strong opinion on Jen. But I do think it's worth noting that the criticisms raised here are not explicitly sexist, nor do they criticise overtly masculine or feminine traits.

Anyone implying that gender has anything to do with the criticisms is just trying to provoke an argument based on utter nonsense.

Tbh I think the same should apply to supporters, if sooky whiners aren't willing to stick fat and insist on starting bullshit threads like this or abusing the Prez on Twitter, then they can piss off and let those of us who are bought into the Clarkson/Viney/Hood/Watt rebuild to get on with it in peace.

Not that I agree with abusing people on Twitter or some of the more extreme takes on here, but you’re just advocating for a non-critical echo chamber

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I agree with abusing people on Twitter or some of the more extreme takes on here, but you’re just advocating for a non-critical echo chamber

People can criticise without being complete *******s about it.

They should be able to anyway.

I’m not saying it was her decision but as CEO she either endorses what is going on or doesn’t.

At very least she should come out and explain the current dire state of our football and that we in fact expected such poor results this year and all is on track.

Her or anyone hiding behind another never ending rebuild that takes time is not good enough, nor should it be good enough to accept as CEO.

I think as fans we have been more than patient, even during her and Clarko’s reign. We accept supporting an organisation that has no chance of winning the flag each year or even making finals. Think of that for a moment. Think if you are a young fan in the schoolyard or a parent trying to have their child support this club.

But we are at a stage where we are miles off even a win, we are uncompetitive, look unfit and seemingly have no structure. If people want to keep hiding behind Clarko’s 4 flags in a previous era as to why this rubbish should be accepted, we may as well shut the doors now.
So what you are saying is you think we should change course. Sack Clarko? Is that the plan?

Have a bex and a lie down. Imagine the CEO publicly questioning Clarko's tenure now after everything that's happened. All of the turmoil of last year, the loss of Thomas which has hurt our onfield performance immensely. Our list age profile etc etc. This is basically the first year od a rebuild, again.

Garbage, they took over a during a crisis, walked into a s**t storm and at the same time have the youngest most inexperienced list in the comp and have lost one of our most important three players from last season in ****ed up circumstances. They haven't had a clear pre season yet. Patience my arse.

My youngest girl went to her first game yesterday. She's still running around with her jumper on, had a great time, the other girl who went was more disappointed we lost and a bit bored but wants to go next time too.

We'll come good. There's a core of players who really care on field and they're good enough that as they get into their prime years they'll drive us forward. That's happening, it will happen in the next few seasons and when it does you'll see the results of actual patience.

Have a bex and a lie down. Imagine the CEO publicly questioning Clarko's tenure now after everything that's happened. All of the turmoil of last year, the loss of Thomas which has hurt our onfield performance immensely. Our list age profile etc etc. This is basically the first year od a rebuild, again.

Garbage, they took over a during a crisis, walked into a s**t storm and at the same time have the youngest most inexperienced list in the comp and have lost one of our most important three players from last season in ****ed up circumstances. They haven't had a clear pre season yet. Patience my arse.

My youngest girl went to her first game yesterday. She's still running around with her jumper on, had a great time, the other girl who went was more disappointed we lost and a bit bored but wants to go next time too.

We'll come good. There's a core of players who really care on field and they're good enough that as they get into their prime years they'll drive us forward. That's happening, it will happen in the next few seasons and when it does you'll see the results of actual patience.

This is completely delusional and I didn’t say Jen should publicly question Clarko. She needs to front up though and give an explanation exactly what we are working towards and how much of this is actually on track.

We play sides as young as us who get beaten by other teams and are around the bottom 4 and I just hear Clarko talking them up like we have just played the 3peat Lions.

I’m not sure how old your daughter is, but my kids as well as many other supporters kids I know have just lost interest completely.

I bet you are one of those parents though that insists on not keeping score?

Maybe that is a solution Jen and co can propose to the AFL. We would be going ok if not for these pesky results and scores.

This is completely delusional and I didn’t say Jen should publicly question Clarko. She needs to front up though and give an explanation exactly what we are working towards and how much of this is actually on track.

We play sides as young as us who get beaten by other teams and are around the bottom 4 and I just hear Clarko talking them up like we have just played the 3peat Lions.

I’m not sure how old your daughter is, but my kids as well as many other supporters kids I know have just lost interest completely.

Maybe that is a solution Jen and co can propose to the AFL. We would be going ok if not for these pesky results and scores.
That would be Todd Viney's job. He's boss of the footy department, which is responsible for our shithouse performance.

So what you are saying is you think we should change course. Sack Clarko? Is that the plan?
If anybody is saying that Clarkson should be sacked, then they must also expect Viney and half of the football department to be given the kyber-pass as well.
That would be Todd Viney's job. He's boss of the footy department, which is responsible for our shithouse performance.
Isn't it amazing how people who know something of the club structure put aside any common sense.

This thread needs to be shredded - even if the OP meant no intention to bag a person based on gender, it has opened the gate just a little, in the same way that Cornes did.

Maybe ferballs little girl is still wearing her jumper cause he relays a little more positivity to our situation or they maybe like me can still see light at the end of the tunnel 20 -26 here we come I'm willing to wait.

This thread needs to be shredded - even if the OP meant no intention to bag a person based on gender, it has opened the gate just a little, in the same way that Cornes did.

Yes its ugly stuff, especially coming a week or so after rhe Prez spoke about the continual attacks from supporters on social media

Ooh, some totally are sexist.

Also there is no thread about the man actually in charge of football, so, yeah.

This is a big miss.

There is 1 person still at the club responsible for where we are at, and we all know who it is.

He needs to be moved on now, before he can do any further damage to the list in the off season/back half of the season recruiting wise.
Well since this club has sold its soul and become the WOKE club no one of Stroke currently employed at the NMFC is going anywhere whether it’s Watt Rawlings McDonalds F/S as this club now a former shadow of its self and an embarrassment in Australian sport.

Ooh, some totally are sexist.

Also there is no thread about the man actually in charge of football, so, yeah.

We've had multiple 'Sack X person' threads over the last month. Hell, we even had one about the game-day announcer at Marvel Stadium.

The notion that our CEO is shielded from fair criticism simply because of her gender is ridiculous. It's an ugly form of sexism that implies she isn't a professional who was given her role on merit and therefore should be judged on merit.

And to top of it off - none of this is actually about the on-field results as a primary concern! Note I deliberately didn't list them in the original post! As far as I am concerned, a good footy CEO should be judged on 4 primary KPIs;
  • 1) Is the club providing a good service/experience to members (not about on-field results, but in terms of membership etc)?
  • 2) Is the club solidifying it's base and identity, and building to grow it further?
  • 3) Is the club attracting new sponsors and corporate partners?
  • 4) Is the CEO overseeing a workplace environment that encourages success and cohesion?
By those 4 metrics, I'd rate #s 1, 2, and 4 as outwardly poor over the last 18 months~, especially based on what I've heard from multiple people about the current culture for staff inside Arden St. We've signed Dulux and Bulk Nutritions as new minor sponsors since she joined in 2022, and a thing with Ricky Ponting's winery last month. But I acknowledge we're not an attractive prospect for corporate partners right now so willing to cut some slack on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back