Bye Bye Jen Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work mate. I'm in the same ball park. Hope to get to 50 years and a couple more flags would be nice. Every chance at least the second one. Actually, i would settle for the second one in a heart beat.

A wining streak of 3 games is what I am hoping for right now

imho that's the kind of thing you should be able to explain to the club and get them to amend. Good membership services would look at the big picture.

Yeh you’d think but we’re not “good” at that because they’ve proven time and again that their record keeping skills are woeful.

My membership records from that era are probably in a Manila Folder in a filing cabinet in one of those relocateables and is probably sitting in a Point Cook building site on the Big Tunnel project thingo.

Yeh you’d think but we’re not “good” at that because they’ve proven time and again that their record keeping skills are woeful.

Shutup and buy a Corporate Arden Lounge package!

Do wonder if we missed a trick, not picking Simon Lloyd.
Would've been top notch on the footy side of things, and brought Geelong IP to improve the culture and standards of the playing group. Along with his knowledge of list management and been a good sounding board for Clarko and Todd.

But figure Jen Watt got the gig, because he wouldn't have had much experience with the commercial side of things.
A CEO sticking his nose in on the football department day-to-day operations is exactly why there was a job vacancy in the first place.

I accept that this is a supporter’s board and everyone is entitled to an opinion but the sooner people understand Jen, Sonja, Clarko and Todd inherited the mother of all s**t-shows the better. There’s been far too much disruption at the top of the club which has affected every part of the organisation. It will get ugly but We need to trust these leaders and stay the course.
What? No no no. We need to fire people even MORE rapidly than we previously have. For things like the colour of a shirt! Then eventually everyone here can be CEO/President/senior coach for a day and we will DEFINITELY become contenders.

Do wonder if we missed a trick, not picking Simon Lloyd.
Would've been top notch on the footy side of things, and brought Geelong IP to improve the culture and standards of the playing group. Along with his knowledge of list management and been a good sounding board for Clarko and Todd.

But figure Jen Watt got the gig, because he wouldn't have had much experience with the commercial side of things.

If this was the thinking (which I’m not convinced it was), no wonder we are in such a mess with football.

What I would like to know, is what did Clarko sell us on and what was his strategy with this list moving forward. If it’s just the “80 - 100 games” into young player rubbish we are just back at the 2010 Brad Scott snake oil.

I remember hearing then when Bastinac and co got there we would be challenging. It just doesn’t always happen and often doesn’t without an elite training and game day strategy , style of play and development. Not to mention getting the right talent.

We are losing by 7-10 goals per week to ordinary sides and 10 - 15 goals to good ones.

She really needs to be far more visible and transparent and explain the course the club is on specifically around football and why we have taken it.

It looks on face value now that we chased a big name in Clarko and just said away you go.

Last edited:
If this was the thinking (which I’m not convinced it was), no wonder we are in such a mess with football.

What I would like to know, is what did Clarko sell us on and what was his strategy with this list moving forward. If it’s just the “80 - 100 games” into young player rubbish we are just back at the 2010 Brad Scott snake oil.

I remember hearing then when Bastinac and co got there we would be challenging. It just doesn’t always happen and often doesn’t without an elite training and game day strategy , style of play and development. Not to mention getting the right talent.

We are losing by 7-10 goals per week to ordinary sides and 10 - 15 goals to good ones.

She really needs to be far more visible and transparent and explain the course the club is on specifically around football and why we have taken it.

It looks on face value now that we chased a big name in Clarko and just said away you go.
We chased and got a four time premiership wining coach and said he could make football decisions without a CEO butting in? Everybody doing the jobs their experience fits them for? I’d bloody hope so.

Shutup and buy a Corporate Arden Lounge package!
Don't even start me on that this club is a shambles from screwing us over it's reserved seat members on level 2
, I'm a 50 year member.

To not spending a cent on our assistant coaches.

. Are we trying to make a statement of gender equality on the board rather than people for the job. Sonja might be great but we don't need apologies we need success.

Clarkson seems to be happy collecting his cash, yes it's a rebuild but as yet very little sign of a game plan

And finally who the hell is Luke McDonald's sleeping with to be Captain and get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amarfio got torn to shreds today in the Herald Sun by Sam Landsberger.

I am not willing to judge Jenn Watts until I see what plan she has for the Tasmania exit strategy.
She was head hunted by Sonja and chosen for the role over Simon Lloyd, inevitably to find a solution to replace the future lost revenue.
There are 3 drafts left. If by the end of the calendar year there isnt anything concrete, then I know were f***ed.

Tassie is getting its own side. There is no shame in preparing for life after that. The members deserve to f***ing know what the club plans to do about it.

Last edited:
Amarfio got torn to shreds today in the Herald Sun by Sam Landsberger.

I am not willing to judge Jenn Watts until I see what plan she has for the Tasmania exit strategy.
She was head hunted by Sonja and chosen for the role over Simon Lloyd, inevitably to find a solution to replace the future lost revenue.
There are 3 drafts left. If my the end of the calendar year there isnt anything concrete, then I know were f***ed.

Tassie is getting its own side. There is no shame in preparing for life after that. The members deserve to f***ing know what the club plans to do about it.
I’d be pretty confident in suggesting they haven’t the faintest ******* idea what they’re doing about it.

A CEO sticking his nose in on the football department day-to-day operations is exactly why there was a job vacancy in the first place.
Ideally it would've been more of a collaborative approach, than offering unwanted opinions.
Lloyd is light years more credentialed on footy matters than Amarfios was. Clarko and Todd would've respected his views, as long as they were suggestions rather than orders.
But Jen Watt got the job and like everyone else, needs time to figure out how to fix the mess.

We chased and got a four time premiership wining coach and said he could make football decisions without a CEO butting in? Everybody doing the jobs their experience fits them for? I’d bloody hope so.

The issue is that our football is an absolute mess at the moment and if you have gone the blank cheque approach to Clarko based on the 4 premierships, then you should deal with the consequences. Particularly if you are our CEO.

No one is suggesting she has a whistle on the training track or sit in match committee but it’s part of the job to run people that run football and given the current situation, the clubs admin need to be heavily involved, transparent and communicative.

I am prepared to give Jen Watt up until the Bye next year. :stern look

Can we pick up Aaron Hall - who holds the WORLD RECORD for metres gained in an AFL match - in the MSD?

Don't even start me on that this club is a shambles from screwing us over it's reserved seat members on level 2
, I'm a 50 year member.

To not spending a cent on our assistant coaches.

. Are we trying to make a statement of gender equality on the board rather than people for the job. Sonja might be great but we don't need apologies we need success.

Clarkson seems to be happy collecting his cash, yes it's a rebuild but as yet very little sign of a game plan

And finally who the hell is Luke McDonald's sleeping with to be Captain and get a game.

You might want to run that past George Wardlaw.

Plenty to be concerned about, but posters stating plainly that the CEO isn’t doing her job - I’d like to know the evidence? Obviously we’re a mess on field, how does a new CEO fix that? Fire Clarkson and start again? Panic merchants everywhere.

So BF are sacking the President, CEO, coach and both captains. Yowsers.

I'm all on board for changing the captaincy - I'd do it tomorrow - but the rest is a stretch. However, the club is in full-blown crisis IMO, and all we've heard is the coach tell us to "stay the course". What course? The course where more than half the list consists of spuds, squibs and losers? And the other half are quickly having their confidence and enjoyment of the game obliterated being in this environment? That course? The one we've been on for 5 years with no end in sight?

Jen and Sonja have been very quiet, and in one way, fair enough. They aren't in the football department. But the buck stops with them in the end. Members are more than a little restless and breaking point isn't far away. I can't imagine there's a long line of corporates wanting to be part of our 'brand' either. In four years time, the AFL get their 19th team and losing a team will maintain their 9-game-a-week broadcast deal and eliminate a bye. We won't be as needed as we are now. Our leaders, rightly, should be feeling some pressure.

The issue is that our football is an absolute mess at the moment and if you have gone the blank cheque approach to Clarko based on the 4 premierships, then you should deal with the consequences. Particularly if you are our CEO.

No one is suggesting she has a whistle on the training track or sit in match committee but it’s part of the job to run people that run football and given the current situation, the clubs admin need to be heavily involved, transparent and communicative.
We got Clarko in before Watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back