Rumour Bucks in deep financial strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very ordinary from his ex to have these liquidated as part of the settlement. Surely she's going to have enough money as is even though entitled to half it's just very average from her imo. Hope the club and supporters can buy most of it back and have it on display. The socks and shorts and some pics probably not worth the hassle. God forbid he's allowed to keep a sentimental photo or 2!
Women in a divorce will squeeze everything from a man they can and get out of it scott free although to be fair, this due to the fact that the man almost always earns more money. Mate just went through this and his new partner is in the opposite situation, because she earns 3x more than her ex.

It's especially even more prevalent since Gillard removed the perjury penalty from family law court. Every lawyer's go-to is to accuse the primary income-earner of domestic abuse, with no onus to provide any evidence whatsoever.

It's not the 50s anymore, laws need to be updated to reflect this.

The details as we know it seem weird to me:

This is a man worth millions (and millions) who doesn't strike me as someone who would have burned it on gambling or dodgy investments, and who would be currently earning more than the value of this auction (IMO) in his media work.

We have a poor me story about an auction that at best might be worth a few hundred thousand dollars, that required Buckley to be interviewed and quoted.

So applying a critical lens one might conclude that:

This is a sob story designed to con fans into paying for this stuff and give it back to Buckley.
Added bonus if some bogans flame his ex-wife on social media and influence her decision-making in the divorce proceedings.

This is a man worth millions (and millions) who doesn't strike me as someone who would have burned it on gambling or dodgy investments, and who would be currently earning more than the value of this auction (IMO) in his media work.

We have a poor me story about an auction that at best might be worth a few hundred thousand dollars, that required Buckley to be interviewed and quoted.

This is a sob story designed to con fans into paying for this stuff and give it back to Buckley.
Added bonus if some bogans flame his ex-wife on social media and influence her decision-making in the divorce proceedings.

This is a good summary.

It's doubtful he's short of a quid. The Toorak mansion is up for sale and his cut will be substantial. Not knowing the circumstances of his divorce arrangement, he would have to have some pretty ordinary lawyers if he was completely taken to the cleaners? Who knows, blokes are not that smart when it comes to these things.

100% he'd be selling it as part of the settlement, unless he wants to spend the money to buy back his own stuff.

She'll end up fat better financially than he ever will.

Pretty s**t that his footy memorabilia was valued in a divorce settlement

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

If the memorabilia was sold for say $1m in total?

Why wouldnt it?

Wonder if the ring Eddie bought is part of the collection? Recall that was over $20k way back in rhe day.

Can you imagine the other wedding and other 'gifts" the Collingwood's rich and famous 'supporters' have gifted and are now at Buckley manor?

It would add up to a pretty sum IMO.

Not biting at that one, but I would say to consider whether this story might be manipulating your response.
My best mate just spent 3 years going through this and his new Mrs is undergoing the same thing.

The dependent partner always ends up far better off, unless they lose all custody, because even if you 50/50 assets, someone who's barely contributed financially will suddenly get a massive payout, whilst the primary bread-winner loses.

It's just how it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or, TV interview pays well enough to fund a lot of the bidding.

My best mate just spent 3 years going through this and his new Mrs is undergoing the same thing.

The dependent partner always ends up far better off, unless they lose all custody, because even if you 50/50 assets, someone who's barely contributed financially will suddenly get a massive payout, whilst the primary bread-winner loses.

It's just how it is.
They’ve had to give up their career their earnings and super to raise children.
Sometimes the piss is taken but alot of the time it’s equitable.
It may look distorted being a lump sum.
10,20,30 years of running a house and family.
You pay a nanny, cleaner, dry cleaner, tutor, cook and a finance manager for 10 yrs you would have a pretty big bill.

They’ve had to give up their career their earnings and super to raise children.
Sometimes the piss is taken but alot of the time it’s equitable.
It may look distorted being a lump sum.
10,20,30 years of running a house and family.
You pay a nanny, cleaner, dry cleaner, tutor, cook and a finance manager for 10 yrs you would have a pretty big bill.
I get that there's giving up career stuff sometimes but when one partner straight up refuses to work(without discussing it prior mind you), kidnaps a kid multiple times, steals money off welfare from 2 governments(UK & Aus), makes false allegations about abuse and innuendo that her ex is a pedo(with nothing to back it up) and still gets a near $1m payout, with no repercussions, then the system is seriously faulty...

I get that there's giving up career stuff sometimes but when one partner straight up refuses to work(without discussing it prior mind you), kidnaps a kid multiple times, steals money off welfare from 2 governments(UK & Aus), makes false allegations about abuse and innuendo that her ex is a pedo(with nothing to back it up) and still gets a near $1m payout, with no repercussions, then the system is seriously faulty...
That’s why I stated that some take the piss.
Your reference point is clearly in the taking the ******* piss group

That’s why I stated that some take the piss.
Your reference point is clearly in the taking the ******* piss group
I'd say it's more on the lawyers than the partners, tbh.

The whole system is an unbelievable joke that takes advantage of people in vulnerable siutations.

Glad it's getting canned but it's still a decade or so away from being so.

I'm sure his best friend Mick Malthouse will buy some items. Or Eddie will and add it to his Nathan Buckley mancave/shrine!
Beetroot head will buy the Pies jumper, just to put on his blow up Nathan doll.

He could just buy it out, however if he doesn’t have children I’m not sure he’d have a desire to keep everything. He used to be very FIGJAM’y but he seems pretty understated nowadays.

Highly doubt there’s an aspect of financial strife but rather no want to pay out half of the agreed value on something he already earned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back