Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, you know he's having a melt to vent his frustrations?

Some of us have performance expectations of this club...
Couldn’t give a heck what he’s venting, fake fan. Everyone else doing so doesn’t bother me.

A common message board problem that omitting comments = not thinking that.

By that I mean, I haven’t vented so therefore I don’t care… apparently. Today was just another substandard performance from a team that’s been putting out substandard performances for 4 managers now.

Our last 11-12 games is all about Conte managing to limit the dross performances before he gets his first real chance to move the needle.

dont necessarily agree

i think RWB looks worse than it is because the defence is exposed because the middle is ****

Say you get a gun midfielder + one decent rotation...Arguments sake - Kessie & Sensi
And a starter in place of Davies - Bastoni

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Bastoni
Royal - Kessie - Skipp - Reguilon
Kulusevski - Kane - Son
bench - lucas, bentancur, davies, sess, gollini, sensi, doherty/tang

there's enough there to be top 4 and cover injury/promote youth
it also gives Conte/Paritici a platform to continually build on.
Reckon 3-5-2 is his end goal but we currently lack the mids to do it. Got to fix the midfield first in the summer.

Reckon 3-5-2 is his end goal but we currently lack the mids to do it. Got to fix the midfield first in the summer.
you could run pierre, skipp and bentancur.
beauty of the Boro (not so) shock loss is we now only have the PL fixtures to worry about. so less rotations
Fix the midfield and a lot of the other problems get hidden
yeah.
similar issue at Utd. they've got bloody CR7 up there with Rashford, Bruno & Sancho.
midfield is trash, so they're struggling

Our squad issues have two layers. Starter issues and Squad issues

Starter issues at LCB, CM and RWB

Squad issues at ST, GK, LW possibly even at RCB/CB if two of Sanchez, Rodon or Tanganga go.

Under a manager like Conte with 1 year on his contract, his tenure track record and being that world class it would be smart to aim to give him everything he needs.

Under a manager like Potter, Poch or someone with a long term focus and plan, you could aim to hit immediate wins with the starter needs. And then build out the rest over the coming 2-3 windows.

Our squad issues have two layers. Starter issues and Squad issues

Starter issues at LCB, CM and RWB

Squad issues at ST, GK, LW possibly even at RCB/CB if two of Sanchez, Rodon or Tanganga go.

Under a manager like Conte with 1 year on his contract, his tenure track record and being that world class it would be smart to aim to give him everything he needs.

Under a manager like Potter, Poch or someone with a long term focus and plan, you could aim to hit immediate wins with the starter needs. And then build out the rest over the coming 2-3 windows.
good summary
next window needs at least a CM and LCB.

i think the others i imagine are based on sales where we've got numbers but need better, or identifying a striker to come in.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Plus the moment in extra time where he gave the ball away and he tried to foul to stop the break he caused only to be bumped to the ground and they broke away anyway. That should have been the moment his career ended at the club
That's the 10th moment like that by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, that's a bit unfair.

We did play this morning and fans are rightly pissed off with the garbage dished up against a Championship team given the side we put out. I am not a big fan of the domestic cups but clearly Conte wanted to win this one and it is yet another missed opportunity.

I am furious and can appreciate that fans want to vent. It is not good enough.
In isolation losing to Boro isn't great, the fact we're the 2nd big club they've done it to this cup run is more about the malaise United have found themselves in, the world's biggest struggling to win in the oil era. That there are many more poor cup defeats recently (zagreb, mura, Pacos, Vitesse, Colchester etc) says more about where we have slipped to.

But what have we tried lately?

We have tried big money purchases (Sanchez, Lo Celso, Ndombele).
We have tried promising Championship players (Clarke, Sessegnon)
We have tried promising young players from the continent (Gil, Romero, Kulusevski)

Early doors but Paratici seems to be getting some better results so far, but how far can we go really. We have tried a progressive up and coming coach (Pochettino), we have tried the experienced winner (mourinho), and are now onto a top 5 manager in the world (Conte) but can't break through.

Big picture the problem is still the same.

Keep saying it and it doesn't change, personally I am against the owner funds model, and those 4 clubs only have two supplying meaningful funds. The oil sportswashers Manchester City and the soon-to-be formerly Oligarch sportswashers Chelsea. I truly hate where football has gone as a product, a morally corrupt entity ruined by greed and a need for more and more money each year.

Juve, Real and Barca are trying to re-launch ESL today btw. Money, greed and corruption.

So; I'll be happy just to see us play attractive football, we won't win anything for the foreseeable future, we're not meant to, the football dynamic is set up so that we don't. The news about Kessie is just more confirmation of that. We cannot compete with Barca at one of their lowest ebbs in decades. They have pedigree, we don't. They have the money decades of greed garners, we don't.

Fix the midfield and a lot of the other problems get hidden
Every transfer period we seem to need a right back, a midfield general and a back up striker.. Has been for the past several yet we've neglected a CAM, an u[graded CM as our real positions of need.

Instead of relying on counter attack and flukey plays from Harry or Sonny, we could have had a better attacking #9 and picked apart flooding defences for lack of better wording.

Its frustrating as heck

Dele to score against us causing dropped points would be real pre-Poch spursy wouldn't it.

Gotta smash Everton. They're fragile but have the talent to cause trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back