Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha!

Pick purchasing has been included specifically for those teams at the top who are paying their group with bags of cash and fast food franchises.

We don’t stand a chance.

I think it benefits both.
No point us paying 95% of the cap when we could use that room to get more top end picks in.

Another excellent Colts performance from Kayle Gerreyn. He dominated his opponents in the ruck all day providing hit outs to advantage his teammates or often just grabbing the ball and driving it forwards himself. He even showed some of his potential as a key forward, chipping in with two goals.

IMG_4880.jpeg

1714012416195.gif

Honestly, one of these days I'm expecting that I'll be creating a video for a new kid I havent done before, and I'll get completely the wrong guy. On that day when it does finally happen, I'll be very disappointed if people dont make fun of me for months.
To do what you do and provide insight and information as well as going out of your way {We all have things to do in our life as well as problems that pop up from time to time} is absolutely fantastic. I know you'll probably say its cool and that you like doing it but having the "time" is the key word here as doing everything that you do doesn't just take 10 minutes, I can and I will say to you noob that not only do you do an incredible job but that its SO APPRECIATED FROM NOT ONLY HERE AT THE "ROOS" BUT EVERYONE ON BIGFOOTY, the place would be so much poorer if you weren't here! Sometimes in life, some people take for granted what we can see/view and read + watch videos and don't stop to think the time and effort it takes to do this, so there's only one thing left to say.....
Legend Og GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

To do what you do and provide insight and information as well as going out of your way {We all have things to do in our life as well as problems that pop up from time to time} is absolutely fantastic. I know you'll probably say its cool and that you like doing it but having the "time" is the key word here as doing everything that you do doesn't just take 10 minutes, I can and I will say to you noob that not only do you do an incredible job but that its SO APPRECIATED FROM NOT ONLY HERE AT THE "ROOS" BUT EVERYONE ON BIGFOOTY, the place would be so much poorer if you weren't here! Sometimes in life, some people take for granted what we can see/view and read + watch videos and don't stop to think the time and effort it takes to do this, so there's only one thing left to say.....
As per usual another great post Scout.

As a reaction to Harley Reid … what’s the bet we draft a big bodied midfielder… that turns out to be a 🥔 that’s something North could only do … (a year to late )

IMG_4868.gif

Is Smillie like Tom Green? Would be handy if LDU leaves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, one of these days I'm expecting that I'll be creating a video for a new kid I havent done before, and I'll get completely the wrong guy. On that day when it does finally happen, I'll be very disappointed if people dont make fun of me for months.
Lucky you weren’t doing them when Tarryn Thomas was coming through 🤣

Come on Ross post something positive even if you have to make it up,
Yeah I agree, c'mon Ross, even if its a little fib, take the plunge, and if your a church goer, don't sweat, several "Hail marries" will do the job. You can do it, I have faith! Remember the great war movie "Kelly's Heroes", where Oddball says to Kelly {Clint Eastwood} when confronted in the town by two Tiger tanks, while all they have is one Sherman tank, "have a little bit of faith baby"!

Is Smillie like Tom Green? Would be handy if LDU leaves
No. More a early version of Paddy Cripps, though at his draft Paddy was around the 188cm and still growing, the big difference is that Josh is already 194cm and like Paddy he's still growing so what height he finishes at is anyone's guess, and with his running ability, well. At the same stage Josh possess more speed than Patrick and has the advantage of being a half forward as well. In his draft year Paddy's weakness was probably his athleticism but his initial first three or four steps were quick and his vision very good.

Josh is very good, his strengths are his athleticism and forward craft because of his height recruiters are very excited to see what he can do this year as well as the National Championships. His kicking and handballing while not bad need to improve and are his weaknesses, at the moment. Personally, I don't think LDU will leave but on the off chance he does, depending what happens in the next seven months as well as the National championships, Finn, Sid or Josh would probably be coming to Arden Street, also depending where we finish.

No. More a early version of Paddy Cripps, though at his draft Paddy was around the 188cm and still growing, the big difference is that Josh is already 194cm and like Paddy he's still growing so what height he finishes at is anyone's guess, and with his running ability, well. At the same stage Josh possess more speed than Patrick and has the advantage of being a half forward as well. In his draft year Paddy's weakness was probably his athleticism but his initial first three or four steps were quick and his vision very good.

Josh is very good, his strengths are his athleticism and forward craft because of his height recruiters are very excited to see what he can do this year as well as the National Championships. His kicking and handballing while not bad need to improve and are his weaknesses, at the moment. Personally, I don't think LDU will leave but on the off chance he does, depending what happens in the next seven months as well as the National championships, Finn, Sid or Josh would probably be coming to Arden Street, also depending where we finish.
Is a total competitor? An animal in the contest? And does he hate losing?

Because whoever we pick with pick 1 or our first pick has to have these traits.

Hotton's first game of the season was a sign of things to come. His competitiveness and excellent athletic attributes were on display here, the only thing that let him down was his accuracy in front of goal.

Smillie has the size but O'Sullivan might have the better skills just from what I've seen at this point but its early days.
Not an easy call. I guess I have doubts on Finn's size after seeing some of our smaller mids struggle but he's a country kid I believe so he might have that campaigner competitor streak in him.
But after watching Finn Callaghan last night from GWS I'd lean towards Smillie.

Smillie has the size but O'Sullivan might have the better skills just from what I've seen at this point but its early days.
Not an easy call. I guess I have doubts on Finn's size after seeing some of our smaller mids struggle but he's a country kid I believe so he might have that campaigner competitor streak in him.
But after watching Finn Callaghan last night from GWS I'd lean towards Smillie.

One of Finn’s biggest assets is his courage, he’ll drop back in the whole with complete disregard for his body. He is a modern day midfielder who is really balanced between his inside game, his outside game, his defensive craft and his attacking game. Pretty much the perfect modern day midfielder who can play multiple positions and have an impact. We have so many unbalanced midfielders who are exposed on the spread.

O’Sullivan or Sid Draper would really help us in that aspect of our team.

If Smillie keeps growing he might be our kpf
How’s his marking like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back