Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Sullivan, McKercher, and Sheezel would be just an incredible combination of class, IQ, running, and skill.

Maybe it's a little undersized, but that's a really fun mix.

Smillie has the size but O'Sullivan might have the better skills just from what I've seen at this point but its early days.
Not an easy call. I guess I have doubts on Finn's size after seeing some of our smaller mids struggle but he's a country kid I believe so he might have that campaigner competitor streak in him.
But after watching Finn Callaghan last night from GWS I'd lean towards Smillie.
smillie looks a very complete player

Good skills, good mark, hits the scoreboard

And will compliment our smaller midfield well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the point of these type of games? It’s like asking a feather weight to fight a heavy weight.

I guess it gives them exposure to mature bodies to see how they compete. They shouldn’t be doing it against AFL aligned sides imo, just do it against lower VFL sides like Coburg/Frankston ect.

All of the mids in Smillie/FOS/Smith/Ashcroft have all shown a bit but none of them have been dominant.

Lalor has had some really good moments. Looks an absolute bull compared to some of the other kids out there.

Shanahan & Welsh are both competing well considering they are undersized compared to Keath/Gardner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back