Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's that bullet from Trainor, went over Lindsay's head but I reckon he should've marked it. Trainor's ball use is what sets him apart from most defender's his height. Would love him at North.

He is like a more athletic Luke Ryan. Probably one of the best kicks in the draft. Looking forward to see how he goes defensively in the champs, can’t get a good gauge on it in these games.

Another strong performance from Josh Smillie for the AFL Academy. He played the majority of the game forward or back showing his versatility as a prospect and he was one of few Academy players able to match Footscray for physicality. The only thing to criticize would be his occasional kicking struggles, though his disposal was fine for the most part.

If Smillie keeps growing he might be our kpf
How’s his marking like.
Don't really know if he can be a key forward but his marking is pretty good and the least of his worries, his main go is half forward flank/ midfielder. Good thinking tho shinboner magic as I did think about this myself but he's a runner with power, who knows he might end up 197cm, and when he grows from a boy to a man and gets on the weights as well as perfects his skills the world could be his oyster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back