Draft Profile 2024 Mid Season draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Jez McLennan BOG in the SANFL & VFL game today, looked a class above and was far cleaner than most in what was a scrappy game.

Always thought he had a stack of potential but never kicked on at the suns. Any SANFL watchers have any thoughts on his season last year?

I would think Tigers will take a pick.

We have interest in our own VFL system so I could see us taking Mutaz El Nour as he fills a positional need at KPD (Grimes will retire, Gibcus out with an ACL, Broad getting on in age).

Other option would be a KPF prospect, but there's none that I'm aware of in the frame.

I would think Tigers will take a pick.

We have interest in our own VFL system so I could see us taking Mutaz El Nour as he fills a positional need at KPD (Grimes will retire, Gibcus out with an ACL, Broad getting on in age).

Other option would be a KPF prospect, but there's none that I'm aware of in the frame.
Always felt he's more of a medium defender than KPD

Oskar Smartt is an early smokie for me. Very clever around goals and applies good pressure.

Best key forwards floating around?
Another 4 today whilst Hately had 27 and 3.

It's a long shot for Geordie Payne to be picked up. Accuracy has been with goals has been woeful and his kicking isn't much better. He also uses Tassie's game plan to his advantage - all about pressure, fewer talls and as a more mature body, able to kick goals. Not saying he doesn't have some things to like but I don't think there's enough at this stage. One who I reckon ends up in the SANFL and is monitored from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Mapley - Tasmania - 199cm KPF/Ruck - could be an option, looked great on the weekend.
Not so much a forward but a ruck. Athletic traits to like, some good data. Don't think he'll come in the MSD, watch the end of the year. Clubs tend to favour impact over development at the draft, especially if they are only taking one player.

He works for Richmond these days so that may help him.

Wonder what the reason for not taking him is?
Does he?

We were pretty well stocked for tallish defenders with Grimes, Broad, Young, Miller, Gibcus and Brown. But now that Grimes is cooked (and overlooked this week), Broad is struggling and Gibcus has done an ACL I think there's a spot for him. He hurt his knee pretty badly just before last MSD. Not sure if he nominated for the National or rookie drafts?

Plus he looks to have taken his game to another level this season. Vice Captain now too.

Just looks like an AFL player to me.

Does he?

We were pretty well stocked for tallish defenders with Grimes, Broad, Young, Miller, Gibcus and Brown. But now that Grimes is cooked (and overlooked this week), Broad is struggling and Gibcus has done an ACL I think there's a spot for him. He hurt his knee pretty badly just before last MSD. Not sure if he nominated for the National or rookie drafts?

Plus he looks to have taken his game to another level this season. Vice Captain now too.

Just looks like an AFL player to me.
He works for the club with the Bachar Houli Foundation.

Last edited:
Couple names with AFL level traits to throw up. Emmanuel Ajang played his first game of the year in the VFL with Werribee and had 19 touches.

Nigel Lockyer kicked 4 goals in Round 1 of the SANFL.

What is the knock on Frank Szekely? JB put his name forward on the Lions board, he certainly has a highlight reel to be proud of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back