Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

not suggesting the AFL told us the direction to take, but seeing as how little we put into the footy Dept, the AFL pressuring us financially, hardly a big jump to see the direction we took

I think they saw that we were at sea without a rudder. That's why they sent Lethlean in as a fixer to review the list. We got enough money off the AFL that we could just do what ever we wanted without any KPIs or ambition.

One of the first times I went really negative was when my son was in the Next Gen academy when it started up, they toured us around Moorabin, it might have been Finnis talking at the time but they were saying that Saints fans don't really care about performance and will stick fat anyway. It made me realise that they just saw us as dumb cash cows and had no vision for a future of high performance or flags.

The whole rhetoric seemed to be that they'd built a facility that would trick players into coming. No vision to build standards, no planning for on field stuff, no plan to get us a flag. It was still just the same old side with the same old staff in a bigger building.

I think they saw that we were at sea without a rudder. That's why they sent Lethlean in as a fixer to review the list. We got enough money off the AFL that we could just do what ever we wanted without any KPIs or ambition.

One of the first times I went really negative was when my son was in the Next Gen academy when it started up, they toured us around Moorabin, it might have been Finnis talking at the time but they were saying that Saints fans don't really care about performance and will stick fat anyway. It made me realise that they just saw us as dumb cash cows and had no vision for a future of high performance or flags.

The whole rhetoric seemed to be that they'd built a facility that would trick players into coming. No vision to build standards, no planning for on field stuff, no plan to get us a flag. It was still just the same old side with the same old staff in a bigger building.
Cracking story.
Lethers was knocked back from several other clubs before us, so saying he was sent in to Stkilda is poppycock.
And how are we a cash cow when they're propping us up?
How bout this.
Finnis DGAF about footy, that's a given.
We needed someone and took Lethers.
He realised our list and Footy dpt were rotten.
He turned the whole lot over and took those who'd come.
RTB comes in, kept the good and turfed the bad.
No conspiracy required.

Cracking story.
Lethers was knocked back from several other clubs before us, so saying he was sent in to Stkilda is poppycock.
And how are we a cash cow when they're propping us up?
How bout this.
Finnis DGAF about footy, that's a given.
We needed someone and took Lethers.
He realised our list and Footy dpt were rotten.
He turned the whole lot over and took those who'd come.
RTB comes in, kept the good and turfed the bad.
No conspiracy required.

AFL sent fixers into Melbourne and Brisbane too. If you are s**t administrators you get hand held to protect their investment. The fans are there to cash the club up, they gave zero shits about performing. Lethlean reviewed and rebuilt the list and totally ****ed it because we got a sexual deviant instead of a football person.

AFL sent fixers into Melbourne and Brisbane too. If you are s**t administrators you get hand held to protect their investment. The fans are there to cash the club up, they gave zero shits about performing. Lethlean reviewed and rebuilt the list and totally ****ed it because we got a sexual deviant instead of a football person.
Yeah, I always saw Satan as an Admin type - never understood how he managed to weasel his way into the footy ops side of things - was definitely weird.

Yeah same with north and I’m assuming the dogs. Personally not a fan of marvel. And it would be nice if our clubs (and dogs) got more opportunity to play there. But yeah that’s the afl huh. Anyway good luck to your team this weekend.
Thanks 🆒 all the best to your mob too mate.

Yeah, I always saw Satan as an Admin type - never understood how he managed to weasel his way into the footy ops side of things - was definitely weird.

Quite simple really, we had ex AFLPA chairman Finnis in the CEO role who was the core one actually dealing with government, AFL and anythign with the word "sponsor" in it to be changing to the guy that came because he shagged his underling and got busted by the commission for it. So we shoved him in footy dept cause Sexton was a development coach that got shoved into various roles as we were bereft of competent people there.

No weasling required, just many holes to get shoved in so give the man a governance role to keep him around.

Can’t see north winning a game this year 😢

That you Kingy? You've already stated this numerous times, get new material!

Quite simple really, we had ex AFLPA chairman Finnis in the CEO role who was the core one actually dealing with government, AFL and anythign with the word "sponsor" in it to be changing to the guy that came because he shagged his underling and got busted by the commission for it. So we shoved him in footy dept cause Sexton was a development coach that got shoved into various roles as we were bereft of competent people there.

No weasling required, just many holes to get shoved in so give the man a governance role to keep him around.

That you Kingy? You've already stated this numerous times, get new material!
Nah not kingy. Just a heartbroken Roos fan 💔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Essendon good now?

Day Valentine GIF

He was a successful coach in the vafa and is a footy person not just admin so there’s your answer.
Yeah I knew that - but the Amateurs ? WGAF. How does that transfer to the AFL ? - not in the same universe I reckon but maybe explains it I suppose. Think his entitled rise to fame had more to do with his old boys network rather than talent or knowledge. It's a bit like asking a chippie who has advanced to full on home renovations and extensions and getting him to build you an office building.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back