No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I still dont know what the problem is tho how about stop giving North year out year in priority picks? giving them pick 3 for McKay was all sorts of nonsense.

Get rid of compo picks.

Here are a couple of separate Norf posts discussing who they will trade their number one pick for. Deleted the names to protect embarrassment.

“If we got pick 1, off the top of my head, these are the current players I'd consider trading it for (based on age & our needs)
JUH
Sam Taylor
Charle Curnow
Shai Bolton
Harley Reid

I'd also consider Tom Green, Nick Daicos & Zac Butters.”

“+

Walter
Rowell
Anderson
Serong
Gulden

You would have to add Heeney at the minute also, if he keeps up this form he’s going to win the Brownlow by about 10 votes”

The Norf Board is in nuked out desolation row territory.

The above shows where their collective head is atm.

I could not imagine any of the above players wanting to move to nmfc. Maybe a $4.0m pa 12 year contract would get the attention of one or two. The Norf Board have not even started to think about what the relinquishing aClub might want. How about first and second round picks for three years plus Sheezel or LDU.

I still dont know what the problem is tho how about stop giving North year out year in priority picks? giving them pick 3 for McKay was all sorts of nonsense.

Get rid of compo picks.

No NGA, no compo and discount only applies to one pick per academy.

The first rort to fall out should be academy kids who board in traditional states. Brisbane get access to Marshall via academy even though he boards in Victoria - that's a shocker and just undermines the whole idea of academies in northern states

Melbourne really is a weird place because what do you mean we're supposed to care who a guy who can't get a game in the 18th placed team is dating???

View attachment 1960986

Well in WA you have the special Harley Reid's first win souvenir edition of the West Australian.

Get rid of compo picks.
Gold Coast traded pick 4 and were still able to match pick 2, three more kids in the first round, and add two extra first round picks next year.

Gold Coast's bounty has totally exposed the rort.

It's in our interest that a fairer bidding system is put in quickly.

No NGA, no compo and discount only applies to one pick per academy.

The first rort to fall out should be academy kids who board in traditional states. Brisbane get access to Marshall via academy even though he boards in Victoria - that's a shocker and just undermines the whole idea of academies in northern states

That does the academy absolutely no favors in perception and what it was established for.

Without taylor they absolutely won't. Charlie will have a day out.

Adelaide aren't ordinary, they started ordinary. And I think they'll get better as the season gets on. And the dogs yes, are rubbish, but they still have elite players and are absolutely capable of an upset. We do have to play them twice.

Carlton have just lost McGovern and Saad, GWS can cover Taylor being out, easily account for Carlton who are highly overrated. Dogs are awful. GwS are in the top 4, probably be in the top 2.

Here are a couple of separate Norf posts discussing who they will trade their number one pick for. Deleted the names to protect embarrassment.

“If we got pick 1, off the top of my head, these are the current players I'd consider trading it for (based on age & our needs)
JUH
Sam Taylor
Charle Curnow
Shai Bolton
Harley Reid

I'd also consider Tom Green, Nick Daicos & Zac Butters.”

“+

Walter
Rowell
Anderson
Serong
Gulden

You would have to add Heeney at the minute also, if he keeps up this form he’s going to win the Brownlow by about 10 votes”

The Norf Board is in nuked out desolation row territory.

The above shows where their collective head is atm.

I could not imagine any of the above players wanting to move to nmfc. Maybe a $4.0m pa 12 year contract would get the attention of one or two. The Norf Board have not even started to think about what the relinquishing aClub might want. How about first and second round picks for three years plus Sheezel or LDU.

Of course they wouldn't.

It was a hypothetical about who is worth pick #1 in the comp.

But loved the melt regardless.

Another medical retirement due to concussion

Collingwood 2023 premiership player Nathan Murphy has called time on his football career.

Terrible news. A fine player and seems to be a much loved fella. All the best.

Of course they wouldn't.

It was a hypothetical about who is worth pick #1 in the comp.

But loved the melt regardless.

Sadly none of the folk mentioned would consider going to Norf. Do you reckon $4.0m pa for 12 years would attract attention?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I can find fault with this, except maybe Gryan Miers is debatable & Dan Houston might get a gig over Whitfield?
1713427996613.jpeg

Not sure I can find fault with this, except maybe Gryan Miers is debatable & Dan Houston might get a gig over Whitfield?
View attachment 1963128

Minor point but how isn’t Hogan the FF when he’s leading the Coleman. Has Petracca really been AA good? Terrible last week and mediocre at best against us.

Just reading this article on Carlton's new investment in their academy, and this was slipped in there right at the end:

"Carlton's list spots are tight, though they believe they have room for strong Sydney-restricted free agent Will Hayward should he leave the Swans."

Another line which I thought was quite amusing: "We really haven't been serious about the academy until the last three or four years"

Just reading this article on Carlton's new investment in their academy, and this was slipped in there right at the end:

"Carlton's list spots are tight, though they believe they have room for strong Sydney-restricted free agent Will Hayward should he leave the Swans."

Another line which I thought was quite amusing: "We really haven't been serious about the academy until the last three or four years"
Viccy would like to move back home

If you haven't checked out all the portaits for the Redkite auction then get the hence. Wonderful as per always.

Jarrad McVeig :laughv1: :laughv1:

1713517557190.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back