No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic fans keep complaining how unfair the Academies are, yet Victorian clubs continue to win premierships. The balance of power is still in their favour and they willfully ignore

Always will be inequalities (both sides), the question is can we get the gap closer. Objectively and I hate piling on GC as i would love them to be successful, but there’s a huge issue if they can get FOUR first rounders with two being top 10 picks for pick 4 basically. The issue is the curve it’s been horrible since it came in. Everyone knows the top 4 picks should be worth double what their value is. That has zero to do with academies and it’s a very simple fix- pick 1 is 8000 points and go from there, it’s makes it extremely hard to get the points and if you do you rule yourself out of the next draft and that’s a club call.

I would like to know the comparative investments made in all 18 Academies.

F* lolNorf only restarted theirs late last year after shutting it down during Covid. Norf should have had their AFL payments reduced - why should they enjoy the financial benefit? it also did not stop them trying to pick up Sanders iirc.

Good to see where your priorities are

You lot get to watch it all go to s**t wondering what everyone's problem is
I doubt there are many Vic based fans like Him.

The rest of us loathe the VFL and despise many of the Vic based Clubs

I look forward to the day when the Final 8 only has non Vic clubs

Should only have 16 teams , North and St Scum should have been pissed off
At the risk of teaching grandma to suck eggs I think the big issue for TV is the number of games each week. I also think they're misguided. They would get higher viewership with better quality games not clashing. Likewise with bums on seats.
To get to 16 with Tas coming in they will need to lose 3 unless one merges with Tas. The lowest 2023 memberships in order are Gold Coast, GWS, North, Brisbane, Dogs, Saints.
I think North Tasmania and the Saint Bernards have a nice ring.

At the risk of teaching grandma to suck eggs I think the big issue for TV is the number of games each week. I also think they're misguided. They would get higher viewership with better quality games not clashing. Likewise with bums on seats.
To get to 16 with Tas coming in they will need to lose 3 unless one merges with Tas. The lowest 2023 memberships in order are Gold Coast, GWS, North, Brisbane, Dogs, Saints.
I think North Tasmania and the Saint Bernards have a nice ring.
Just move St Kilda to Tassie & rename them St The King!da.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood won the flag with NGA and father son picks in their team. Not sure the northern academies are the issue in the race for equality.
You could build a really strong 22 from just the players Collingwood have picked up via father son and NGA.

Then you add in the yearly feeding frenzy on the GWS and Gold Coast lists.

Collingwood and most of the other Victorian clubs should sit any discussion about fairness out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back