2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna fact check it but every team to have a Rioli has won a flag

Rioli could play anywhere, foot skills is elite, ankles made of glass hopefully they can fix that

Is he what we need?
He would play Flanders current position
And would cost the world.

A soft pass for me.

Totally disagree on this.

Rd1 next year, we would have Weller & Rioli rebounding off the half back line, Flanders back into the midfield rotations with Touk, Anderson, Rowell & Graham…

A piece of our finals puzzle solved.

We can easily afford to offload a top 10 pick for Rioli, still draft top 5 pick Lombard, and still trade or draft in other quality goodies that pop up.

Maybe we might even shake a quality crumbing forward from the tree as well… we haven’t acquired multiple Rd1 picks this year for shits & giggles.

Be bold Ben… Sounds like Dimma is.

Rd1 next year, we would have Weller & Rioli rebounding off the half back line, Flanders back into the midfield rotations with Touk, Anderson, Rowell & Graham…

We can easily afford to offload a top 10 pick for Rioli, still draft top 5 pick Lombard, and still trade or draft in other quality goodies that pop up.

Maybe we might even shake a quality crumbing forward from the tree as well… we haven’t acquired multiple Rd1 picks this year for shits & giggles.

Richmond can keep Dusty, we'll give em 3 firsts for Shai & Rioli, Richmond send us junk picks for Leo and call it a day

Richmond get 4 firsts, RICH, WB, GCS, NM all inside 19

We get Shai Rioli Leo + our hidden academy players on the rookie list.

Richmond can keep Dusty, we'll give em 3 firsts for Shai & Rioli, Richmond send us junk picks for Leo and call it a day

Richmond get 4 firsts, RICH, WB, GCS, NM all inside 19

We get Shai Rioli Leo + our hidden academy players on the rookie list.
Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Not gonna fact check it but every team to have a Rioli has won a flag

Rioli could play anywhere, foot skills is elite, ankles made of glass hopefully they can fix that
6 Riolis have played in the VFL/AFL to date. 5 were drafted. 3 of the 5 draftees have won AFL premierships.
  • Maurice Rioli Sr - Signed with Richmond in 1982. Played in the 1982 VFL GF and won the Norm Smith Medal that year.
  • Dean Rioli - Drafted to Essendon in 1997. Essendon won the 2000 premiership but Dean did not play in that GF.
  • Cyril Rioli - Drafted to Hawthorn in 2007. Won 4 premierships in 2008, 2013-15 and won the Norm Smith Medal in 2015.
  • Daniel Rioli - Drafted to Richmond in 2015. Won 3 premierships in 2017, 2019-20.
  • Willie Rioli - Drafted to West Coast in 2016. Won a premiership in 2018. Traded to Port Adelaide in 2022.
  • Maurice Rioli Jr - Drafted to Richmond in 2020. Richmond have not won a premiership since he's been on their list.
Highly successful family and I think with our NT connection, it would be great to add another famous NT name to our club along with Ben Long. Should help us in terms of growing our fanbase in the top end.

I’m all for bold.. just not sure another rebounding hb is it… Powell Weller Flanders Luko
All for the best back pocket or forward pocket available.
I’ll be keeping a good eye on tigers games for the rest of the year now to see if he is worth the top 10 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for bold.. just not sure another rebounding hb is it… Powell Weller Flanders Luko
All for the best back pocket or forward pocket available.
I’ll be keeping a good eye on tigers games for the rest of the year now to see if he is worth the top 10 pick

Maybe Flanders stays as a rebound defender and Rioli comes in as a crumbing forward? Maybe that’s part of the carrot we are dangling?

Even if it’s all a croc, it’s nice to speculate an A grade players wants to join us.

FWIW I was at a Suns corporate event last Friday and Mark Evans spoke in quite intimate detail about the inner workings of the club, spoke with confidence about, Dimma, the season and the weekends game (which we won) and lots more but he also made a cheeky mention of the fact that he thinks we won't get a discount on academy players very soon. I think this has been the general consensus for a while but he sounded like it's confirmed.

He did say we'd still get guaranteed access though. Then, something something, beer...

Rioli usage off the half back would be elite for the way we’re trying to play
Weller will be like a new recruit when he comes back
Rioli and Weller steaming off the half back, Mac collins bodi
Rioli Ballard Weller
That’s a Perennial final backline there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back