2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than another high quality small forward and maybe a wingman (though Fiorini has been doing a good job), with the team as it currently is, I don't think there is any type of player we are crying out for.
Lies.

We still need a small lockdown defender.
I wouldn’t care if this player never actually touched the ball aslong as they stop there player…

Charlie cameron
Or Cody weightman
Or Toby Greene from kicking 5-6goals on us each game.

Great win yesterday fellas well done. I took your suggestions on board, here’s what I came up with:

GCS OUT Pick 8,11,19
GCS IN: Bolton, F2 (WCE)

WCE OUT: Pick 1, F2
WCE IN: Pick R1 WBD (8), R1 GCS (11) R1 PA (17), GCS end F1 (19)

RICH OUT: Bolton, Baker
RICH IN: Pick 1

FREO OUT: Pick 17
FREO IN: Baker

We won a game. I’m going to enjoy it.
Reckon Richmond complain about this deal. Bolton and Baker are two of there better players

Reckon Richmond complain about this deal. Bolton and Baker are two of there better players
They seem to be debating whether it’s better to keep established talent or bring in young high end talent with their list situation rather than if it’s a fair trade for pick 1.

And so, it started already. Sam Edmund on SEN right now. Is Luko Dimma's player? Does Luko fit into his plan? He's soft. Clubs told me he's gettable. And so on.

Yeah the VFL media are parasites. I don’t think he’s at all gettable though if we continue to be a team that’s close to making the finals. I’m pretty confident he won’t turn his back on the possibilities with his mates.

Yeah the VFL media are parasites. I don’t think he’s at all gettable though if we continue to be a team that’s close to making the finals. I’m pretty confident he won’t turn his back on the possibilities with his mates.
Im not super confident on it. He absolutely hates playing in the backline. All it takes is Adelaide or Port offering him the forward line all to himself and we probably lose him.

If wants to be a sook and go home then we have Joel Jeffery ready to go in the same position. I think he stays though, the bond between luko and some of his team-mates is pretty strong. If we show signs of being successful I reckon he will want to be a part of it.

Sometimes you have to be a team player. Not be selfish about where you play, but whatever helps the team and dimma clearly sees his kicking as a weapon.
An ultimate swingman
And Luko said that last week. Happy to play wherever team/coach wants him to play and where team benefits most. Yes, he also said he prefers forward. Nothing wrong with that. People, media just run with it and speculate (opposition team list managers probably too).

He looked relaxed, happy after the game with teammates. Wins do that to players:) Us fans are happy too (until we lose 3-4 games in a row, haha).

IMO, if we play finals (still big if) players will want to join us.

Last edited:
And Luko said that last week. Happy to play wherever team/coach wants him to play and where team benefits most. Yes, he also said he prefers forward. Nothing wrong with that. People, media just run with it and speculate (opposition team list managers probably too).

He looked relaxed, happy after the game with teammates. Wins do that to players:) Us fans are happy too (until we lose 3-4 games in a row, haha).

IMO, if we play finals (still big if) players will want to join us.
Yeah, while we may prefer to play forward, it doesn't sound like he doesn't enjoy defence. Its a role he had done for years. He'll be happy to play whatever benefits the team winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly feel like the days of a genuine swingman are gone, but it would be good if he had the ability to play at either end depending on the week/matchup. he's great as a forward, but his kicking penetration is really valued coming out of the D50. think i prefer him up forward long term next to king & walter, but don't mind him floating around as it suits the team for now.

honestly feel like the days of a genuine swingman are gone, but it would be good if he had the ability to play at either end depending on the week/matchup. he's great as a forward, but his kicking penetration is really valued coming out of the D50. think i prefer him up forward long term next to king & walter, but don't mind him floating around as it suits the team for now.
Where does Read play then? Does he become the next ruck? Defender? A forward/ruck? can you play all of those talls and Read in one forward line?

Where does Read play then? Does he become the next ruck? Defender? A forward/ruck? can you play all of those talls and Read in one forward line?
I think Read would best suited to vfl this year, ive seen he's gonna make it at the level but i think he would be best dominating full forward (kings role) in the vfl. I think that would fast track his development faster then playing as the 3rd tall at AFL. I would like them to bring in Jeffery and Rogers and continue to spin the magnets, i understand he wants synergy but there's a fair bit of talent he hasnt tapped into yet

I’m in the same boat, and I think he ends up forward next year once Dimma has brought in/settled on his half-back distributors.

However, watching an 18 year old stick in Read come in and hold his own up there does make it interesting. If Luko had the defensive intensity of Walter than you would say they could almost all play together, but at the moment, King is no. 1, Walter is a menace in addition to a hulking body, and Read is the chop out ruck. Leaves Luko the odd one out for the time being.

If wants to be a sook and go home then we have Joel Jeffery ready to go in the same position. I think he stays though, the bond between luko and some of his team-mates is pretty strong. If we show signs of being successful I reckon he will want to be a part of it.

We have a fairly balanced team at the moment I don’t mind if he leaves as long as we get a good return of picks for him. That’s one thing the giants have done consistently is get good returns on their players that leave

Im not super confident on it. He absolutely hates playing in the backline. All it takes is Adelaide or Port offering him the forward line all to himself and we probably lose him.

Pretty big risk. Who’s to say they don’t chuck him in the backline after 3 rounds… he is tight with the boys. No-one thought he would stay originally and he signed a 4 year deal. I think he is just hard to read…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The one thing he will get by playing in the backline is the pill.

The last 3 games has been 13, 18 and 19 kicks as well as 8, 8, and 10 marks.

Playing as a kicking defender he will get given the ball all day every day.

Get more comfortable kicking to good targets in dangerous positions, get rid of a few clanger kicks, not give away soft free kicks, be a bit stronger defensively, and he will be good to go for coaches votes.

The thing is, I actually think Luko's skills are better used further back. When playing forward, he isn't quick, he doesn't crash packs, he is a prodigious kick but we have seen in the past, that can leave when he is kicking for goal.

If that was true and wanted to pull up stumps over something like this then there is a line of players who would love playing a distributor role off HB for an AFL team, both at the club now and around the league, Bailey Dale seems very gettable from the WB as an example.

The only way I can see Jack being ‘gettable’ is if he is downing tools because he doesn’t want to play in defence and he doesn’t think he’ll get back into the forward line, in which case I can’t imagine we would want him around. But there’s no way he and Dimma aren’t talking this out if there really is an issue?

In saying that, this sounds like a classic Sam Edmund throwing sh*t up because no one cares enough to fact check the Suns and we really don’t have any other contract controversy the media can eat up for the first time in our existence.

I’m actually not stressed at all, usually it would be panic stations but no chance Luko leaves with few years on his contract and going thru the darkest days at the club.

Finally heading towards the light and he has the easiest and most fun role in Afl footy

He’ll get to play forward again, but for now just enjoy racking up 25+ a game till Weller is back. And he legit gets away with D grade defending

Remove this Banner Ad

Back