2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look on the Richmond board and we might need to cool our jets on Rioli fellas. He’s gonna be to expensive, they won’t let him go for any less than picks 10,11,20 + Luko. Shame

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That’s the sickening entitlement of supporting a big precious VFL club and hiding away like weasels in large numbers.

Just had a look on the Richmond board and we might need to cool our jets on Rioli fellas. He’s gonna be to expensive, they won’t let him go for any less than picks 10,11,20 + Luko. Shame

That’s comical. They clearly left off King and Rowell..l.

Being under contract will drive up the price, but surely he wouldn’t cost more than a first and change. Although, I’m not sure that GC need him.

It’s a good laugh but also sums up how good rioli is!

It’s going to be a very entertainment year. 3x firsts gonna be attracting a lot of interest.

Every clubs fans will go into meltdown, unfortunately Richmond fans are getting pulled left right and centre by baker dusty Rioli Bolton rumours lol

In recent years we haven’t really landed anyone we were linked with all year. Atkins, long, Ellis kinda made their decisions really late but it is all fun and games for the fans

Reckon Richmond take this opportunity to reboot their midfield with some high draft picks. No point slowly rebuilding with tassie to come in a few years, load up now in a midfield rich draft.

Not sure if you take these rumours seriously but IF luko was to request a trade home would our backline be better off with a dasher like rioli anyway. Powell and Andrew are both capable of playing the current role held by luko and rioli would add speed that we don't really have. Either way adds some interest for the post season.

And here they come…..
Just explaining why Daniels career averages are so low for someone who now plays as a rebounding HBF.

I’m a bit surprised and disturbed by how quickly some of you are heavily drinking the SEN Edmund Luko Kool Aid.

I don’t believe it. But in years gone by it would have worried me a lot. Right now I think we can cover if there was fire with the smoke. So I’m calm as…

I thought the same about the early reports of Rankine not signing. Got burnt hard there.

Rankine was off contract. Luko is end of 2026.
That’s why I don’t believe the Rioli thing either.

Speaking of Rioli he’s been mentioned in here as “an A Grader” and “A Jet”.

What the hell are you guys on about. No way is he in those categories.

Rankine was off contract. Luko is end of 2026.
That’s why I don’t believe the Rioli thing either.

Speaking of Rioli he’s been mentioned in here as “an A Grader” and “A Jet”.

What the hell are you guys on about. No way is he in those categories.
Players move in contract all the time. Especially if you can get better value for them early.

Have you watched much Richmond games over the last few years? Riolis move to half back has been awesome. He regularly takes the game on, and uses his kicking to slice up off half back. Has speed, kicking and running patterns down. Exactly what would work with how we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players move in contract all the time. Especially if you can get better value for them early.

Have you watched much Richmond games over the last few years? Riolis move to half back has been awesome. He regularly takes the game on, and uses his kicking to slice up off half back. Has speed, kicking and running patterns down. Exactly what would work with how we play.
Rioli seems to pick up niggles though. Rare that gets better with age.

He's a good player, but not worth multiple high picks, despite what the Richmond fans think.

Rioli seems to pick up niggles though. Rare that gets better with age.

He's a good player, but not worth multiple high picks, despite what the Richmond fans think.
Oh I wouldn't give multiple high picks for him but if he wants to come you definitely look into it.
Id also back our medical staff over about any in the AFL to get a player right. Riggas is incredible

It comes with clubs chasing Gold Coast’s emerging swingman Joel Jeffrey despite a contract to 2028 as it becomes clear he will struggle to get a game given the Suns’ emerging batch of talls.

Jeffrey is hugely talented and played seven games as a key back in 2023 before foot stress fractures ended his season.

With Charlie Ballard, Sam Collins, Mac Andrew, Ethan Read and Jack Lukosius ahead of him as key backs his path to a senior game is clouded.

So with at least two clubs chasing him he would be prepared to move on if he could secure a regular game elsewhere.

Gold Coast has a tight cap so any departures would help for a club which will give Matt Rowell and Charlie Ballard pay rises for deals expiring next year.

The Suns are adamant Jack Lukosius is going nowhere but rivals are pondering whether he might be available at year’s end despite his contract to 2026.

So we’re tight on cap now, all of the sudden?

I like Jeffery and could see him getting game time, especially if a player like Powell is injured (or moves more up the ground). Would play the exact same role.

Could get a game elsewhere you’d imagine though. Long contract means we have the power.

Most clubs would say that their cap is too tight to have well paid players running around in the twos with a bit of a logjam in front of them.

Send some of that money to Moyle next year or put it aside for Rowell's next deal (going up), plus get the player somewhere they can play.

We have a couple that are too good to be only in the two's without much of a chance of playing AFL.

I am convinced that there is not a Melbourne based gossip columnist (or whatever the f*ck you call the John Ralph’s/Tom Morris/Sam Landsberger’s of the world) who has actually watched a single Suns game in the past 2 years or could even point more than 5 players out of a line-up with how these articles continue to get written.

Grain of salt and all that.

Is our cap just perpetually bursting at the seams? Wtf was the point in giving up Bowes and 7 if our cap is still ****ed afterwards?

Virtually, 2 weeks ago Cambell said when asked that our cap is in good shape and we can bring in players if we decide we need to improve our list.

But by all means go wtf because of Herald article.

FWIW I was at a Suns corporate event last Friday and Mark Evans spoke in quite intimate detail about the inner workings of the club, spoke with confidence about, Dimma, the season and the weekends game (which we won) and lots more but he also made a cheeky mention of the fact that he thinks we won't get a discount on academy players very soon. I think this has been the general consensus for a while but he sounded like it's confirmed.

He did say we'd still get guaranteed access though. Then, something something, beer...
i like the mental picture of you at a corporate event listening to mark evans, full well knowing you're probably the only one in the room that knows your bigfooty username is MarcLocksCrustySock :tearsofjoy:

So we’re tight on cap now, all of the sudden?

I like Jeffery and could see him getting game time, especially if a player like Powell is injured (or moves more up the ground). Would play the exact same role.

Could get a game elsewhere you’d imagine though. Long contract means we have the power.

They add “tight on cap” knowing full well it will spur along any rumors. I don’t see how we possibly could be though. Unless kings new deal is 2 million haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back