Certified Legendary Thread Would you trade Urquhart for Pendlebury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmm agree with kangas div sort of

the first thing that popped into my head when i saw this fred title was gav tackle on ray and how there is no way in hell u will ever see pendlebury doing that kind of thing

they are completelydifferent players i reckon i would trade him for pendles tho we could really use a penldbury type player we have got a few urquhart types having said that i havent seen enuff of urq in the middle

Well? I'm having a discussion with a mate of mine. Both Roo fans, he says Urquhart and I'm saying Pendlebury.

Man, Q... Your saying Pendlebury?:eek: WTF???

Not with what I've seen so far from him.

It's Urquhart all the way, man. His got so much more upside then Pendlebury. I know Pendles has been a good consistent performer for the Pies but his been the same for 3 years now. Haven't really seen him improve a whole lot.

Man, Q... Your saying Pendlebury?:eek: WTF???

Not with what I've seen so far from him.

It's Urquhart all the way, man. His got so much more upside then Pendlebury. I know Pendles has been a good consistent performer for the Pies but his been the same for 3 years now. Haven't really seen him improve a whole lot.
He will though.

He's a great player at age 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will though.

He's a great player at age 21.

His a good player. No where near great yet, Q.

Your right about his age. His still young. Mids usually come into there own between 22 - 28 years of age.

But if he doesn't stand out somewhat in 09, then doubts will be out there to whether he will ever be a stand out performer.

People are bagging Wells for the exact same thing. Wellsy is in the age bracket that i have suggested good quality mids start to shine. Yet still hasn't achieved what everyone thought he would have. started well, improved each year for the first few seasons, since has stagnatted & had to cope with injurys. Yes, he had a very good second half of the 08 season, but his still yet to have a full consistent season. Thats not to say he wont from 09 onwards, its just that he had high hopes placed on him from the start by alot of folk here & his yet to really deliver. Other then us, there aren't too many that rate him very highly.

That's where Pendles is headed if he doesn't start to stand out more & dominate games.

Urquhart on the other hand showed remarkable improvement from his first season. Sure, his first season wasn't much to talk about, but he did improve from it. I expect him to improve even more in 09.

His a good player. No where near great yet, Q.

Your right about his age. His still young. Mids usually come into there own between 22 - 28 years of age.

But if he doesn't stand out somewhat in 09, then doubts will be out there to whether he will ever be a stand out performer.

People are bagging Wells for the exact same thing. Wellsy is in the age bracket that i have suggested good quality mids start to shine. Yet still hasn't achieved what everyone thought he would have. started well, improved each year for the first few seasons, since has stagnatted & had to cope with injurys. Yes, he had a very good second half of the 08 season, but his still yet to have a full consistent season. Thats not to say he wont from 09 onwards, its just that he had high hopes placed on him from the start by alot of folk here & his yet to really deliver. Other then us, there aren't too many that rate him very highly.

That's where Pendles is headed if he doesn't start to stand out more & dominate games.

Urquhart on the other hand showed remarkable improvement from his first season. Sure, his first season wasn't much to talk about, but he did improve from it. I expect him to improve even more in 09.
Yeah, my mate thinks Urquhart too. I really think Urquhart will be a very good player, wouldnt be at all surprised if he surpasses Pendles. I dont know, maybe it's my man-crush on Pendlebury.

He's pretty ****ing smooth.

Yeah, my mate thinks Urquhart too. I really think Urquhart will be a very good player, wouldnt be at all surprised if he surpasses Pendles. I dont know, maybe it's my man-crush on Pendlebury.

Heh, love is blind...;)

BTW, i do agree that he does have silky skills. But on the field that is...

Absolutely.

Love Gav, but Pendlebury is exactly what we need and has just as much upside.

Heard from a few Pies supporters at work, that old Pendles has a few tickets on himself and not the most popular bloke in the team.

That aside, I reckon we'd need Gav more than Pendles, he's gonna be a very handy player.

He is Super after all.

Gav easy.

I kept a close eye on Pendlebury last year because of supercoach and I don’t rate his game at all.

He is super skilful and at times his clearance work is top class, but he goes missing for large periods of the game and his stats get boosted often only by a big last quarter.

He gets way too many soft possessions from slow backward or sideways ball movement. Plus he does absolutely no grunt work in the contested situations. If we still played on muddy ovals, he would be one of those players who would stand out wearing the clean jumper.

Gav has a huge up side and has every chance of becoming a better player than Pendlebury.

Your right Q, Pendlebury is a smooth unit. I love his game and I love the type of player that he is. But i just think Urquhart can take his game to another level, and just some of the things Gav does makes me think he could turn out to be our next Marquee player. Best kick in the Team and with a massive bag of tricks. Urquhart for me, but yeah any other young midfielder on our list besides Ziebell and i would love Pendlebury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back