List Mgmt. Which whipping boy would you most like to see come good in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
... but you never know what can happen in Bonar gets a healthy run under Clarkson and if Young improves as much as he did in 2022 he isn't going anywhere. That's not to mention the club would still hope to get something out of Mahony and Spicer under new tutelage, it's easy to forget all of our draft crop of the last three years have been through some real upheaval.
I'd love it if one of our whipping boys turned the corner under our new coaching regime. I'm tempted to go with Crafty as he seems to cop the most flak but it'd be great if Bonar had a good run with injury, added some agility and had better confidence in / understanding of his role.

Who else ya got?

Callum Coleman-Jones

If he hits form, CCJ would transform our forward line and/or give us a lot more confidence in our future ruckman.

Maybe more importantly, he'd give us more confidence in Brady with trades that involve a future 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
I'd love it if one of our whipping boys turned the corner under our new coaching regime. I'm tempted to go with Crafty as he seems to cop the most flak but it'd be great if Bonar had a good run with injury, added some agility and had better confidence in / understanding of his role.

Who else ya got?
Stephenson I guess has become a whipping boy, he’s got the most talent out of any of those who can be considered so him. Could fill many roles in the team.

One of the 3 young rucks to come good would be most important for future development though.

Most likely I see one of those hard working Mahony types coming good as a Clarko favourite, whether we like it or not.

1. Stephenson
2. CCJ
3. Spicer

Stephenson because he has the talent to be a game breaker - I’d like to see him play off half back or on a wing.
Get the ball in his hands & let him use his speed, good decision making & kicking skills.
With Curtis & Sheezel (fingers crossed) up forward, we can utilise Sleevo’s skills further up the ground.

I chose CCJ & Spicer as these are types/positions we currently lack - a pack crushing forward who can go into the ruck & a small zippy forward creating havoc in the front half.

I’d be wrapt if 2 of those 3 stepped up & had a good year… all 3 & we are looking really good!!
I won’t be holding my breath though…

Last edited:
Stephenson I guess has become a whipping boy, he’s got the most talent out of any of those who can be considered so him. Could fill many roles in the team.

One of the 3 young rucks to come good would be most important for future development though.

Most likely I see one of those hard working Mahony types coming good as a Clarko favourite, whether we like it or not.
Posters have put up the hope that one of our young guys (Phillips, Powell, others?) becomes the "next Sam Mitchell". As a junior Crafty was touted as a mid with good footy smarts who set up play. Make it happen, Euge.

Tristan Xerri

Honestly, I want all of them to succeed. Because if those fringe players come on it’ll do wonders for our on field success. The three who I would like to come on though are:

Stephenson: Stacks of talent and has all the tools to be a damaging half forward or wingman. Desperately needs to sort out what’s going on between the ears though.

Lazzaro: still young, nice kid and as professional as they come. Cops an unfair amount of bashing around these parts so I’d love to see him stick it up a few.

Spicer: another who i’d love to see stick it up the haters. Has been thrown in the deep end too early despite being raw. Would love to see him come on and become a dangerous and speedy small forward option.

Special mentions also include: Bonar, Mahony and CCJ

I'd love Stevo to "get it". Such a weapon if he did. Bonar to a lesser degree but he needs a free run from injury (as per the kind quote in the OP).

Laz gives everything. He's probably the sort of guy that would get another contract through effort and club work.

The real answer though is CCJ, he needs to quieten a couple of supporter bases.

Don't like the term whipping boy Iam not going to mention any particular player but the bottom 6 of our best 22 every week need to perform.How much pressure would it take of the top 6 if the bottom 6 lifted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarryn Thomas.

I like this thread, a chance to be positive toward all our players. On the flip side it will be concerning how many players will actually named as "whipping boys".

It's hard to see it happening, but it would be great if Spicer became an electrifying small forward for us. He offers us something different to Curtis with his speed and I would love to see both of them, plus Sheezel, kick many goals together over the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back