List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's a Ford v Lazz question I'm taking Ford every day of the week and twice on Sundays
Different types of players. Ford offers us something fresh up forward and another marking option, which we are limited to already.

Lazzaro is the perfect player for energy around the contest. I thought he was a breath of fresh air on the weekend when he came on. Maybe the sub role is perfect for him, until he can run out a full game and then we can plonk him off half back to allow Sheezel to move up the ground, and Bailey Scott to return to the wing?

No brainer if it's a salary dump. Least he can take a pack mark.
Yep Lobb to north should be an easy one to do

Gives larkey some help and relief ruck for xerri

Costs us peanuts

Gives us 2 years to get sellers or Finnbar ready

Different types of players. Ford offers us something fresh up forward and another marking option, which we are limited to already.

Lazzaro is the perfect player for energy around the contest. I thought he was a breath of fresh air on the weekend when he came on. Maybe the sub role is perfect for him, until he can run out a full game and then we can plonk him off half back to allow Sheezel to move up the ground, and Bailey Scott to return to the wing?

images (22).jpeg

From that above list, which 7 players would you delist (or hope they retire?)

North currently has 6 draft selections in this years draft. That doesn't include any players we try and bring in via free agency.

We need to say goodbye to, most likely, 6 to 8 players from that list. Tough decisions are looming.

I'm certainly not delisting a 21-year-old, only just about to hit the 30-game mark, and who has kicked bags of three in three of his last ten games. Seriously, I don't know if you had any credibility before that suggestion, but surely you've killed it f you did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're going to need to delist a pretty high number of players at the end of this season to make room for draft picks and any potential players we bring in via free agency or trades.

By my rough count, we're going to have to get rid of somewhere between 8 and 10 current players on our list.

I like Fordy, I do. And maybe we'll keep him. But we need to acknowledge some tough decisions are going to be made at the end of this season.
Not going to happen Chad and I'll tell you why. Contrary to popular belief we have done our massive cleanouts, some might say we have more players to go and that what is happening at the moment is proof. I heard a few things Clarko has said, around seven months ago and one point that stuck with me and I agreed, was after last year there would be no more cleanouts, we will make some changes but there will be no 8-10 changes after our last game this year.

The one word he used made perfect sense, that word was STABILITY. Having gone over our list and listened to people when we have brought players in, there is no doubt we need a few more players to add to our emerging talented list, we're nearly there, but not quite. From our list and not naming anyone {as to me that would be disrespectful} I can see no more than five changes, I know other people have said anywhere between 8 and 10 as well but its not happening unless there is a major backflip and I'm not including players that go somewhere else.

Three in the national draft and two mature guys in the trade period or free agency should round us up nicely. As for the tough decisions, they have already been made, four years of delisting players to bring in young talent and head off into that void known as a full rebuild, any wonder why clubs have shied away from this, I suspect ours will be the last one, we'll get to own another record.

Build this young team, bring them up together, get games into them, keep instilling knowledge and confidence into them and get them to memorise the game plan. I know like many others Chad that you would just like to see some improvement and that some players aren't up to it and more tough calls have to be made, this is why Alastair is the goat, he knows what he is doing even if people don't listen or won't accept the way he is going about it.

In the last week or two we have had Cam leaving us, we have had LDU going to leave us, Clarko is washed up/past it, the game has gone past him, Will Phillips, where do I start ? I get it, a lot of people are angry and think we are history, but the point of the matter is it couldn't be further from the truth. Yes blind Freddy can see we at least should be playing a little better than we are but there are reasons why we haven't gone to the next level just yet and some of the things Alastair wanted to do was see who will be on the journey and who can adapt to the game plan as well as carry it out.

Finally, some will scream all we want is effort and some semblance of a game plan, all in good time, the boys are trying, things are also being tested, why, because now is the time to do it, I think we may see a few changes this week, is this the week we see Harry in the forward line? ;)

Look no doubt I have a bias towards Fordy…. But delisting him is surely crazy talk! I assume the Chad has his mind distracted by his all time irrelevant Commanders about to blow another draft by reaching for a s**t QB.

Ed would be snapped up as a DFA quicker than it takes for the Chad to roll out of bed at 4am during the NFL season and cherry pick a referee decision that robbed the commanders of a chance.
Ha ha ha ha, intelligent post Phillyroo, Eddie Ford, on what he has done and what level of consistency he can get to, is not going anywhere and as for being let go, no words can even come close to what I am thinking right now. I know a few people want to "can" that Gold Coast game at the end of the year, but watch it and you'll see what a 25% Eddie Ford did to Gold Coast. Elvis is only 1/4 of the way through his potential/consistency and body shape as well as .confidence. Your last paragraph is, let me think, a great band had a great song that summed it up, Spandau Ballet "TRUE". :D

The list needs confidence, it's so brittle that conceding a goal before quarter time sets off an avalanche in the 2nd quarter that we can never recover and do well not to get blown by 3 digit figures.

I doubt this will come to fruitious but instead of going after 25-28 year old who might work or just clog the list on 4-5yr contracts, l offer an alternative that hunts out proven stars and leaders of their teams but are likely to be retired even though they may have a few seasons left

Priority: Sonja and Jenn need to lobby Dillion and Ms Bland Kane, into giving us the ability to have extra Dev coaches or line coaches - if we are able to get this as part of a priority package rather than 2nd rounders next year, it serves the short term as well as the longterm.

The bait is to offer a career in coaching post playing days whilst still being able to play some meaniful games abet not guarenteed.

Pendles, Duncan or Callan Ward - their leadership and organisation would help our midfield group so much, even doing match analysis with these guys, could unlook some of the midfielders IQ.
Dylan Grimes - like the above, his ability to teach defensive organisation, bark instructions is sorely lacking, match analysis with the back 6 and critique would be far more valuable than playing.
Lincoln McCarthy - his forward craft is next level and a natural leader that could teach foward organisation and pressure, how to read the play, defensive and offensive poistioning in the forward 50.

Out of UFA players, and outside McCarthy, these players would be immediately respected and their advice carries weight due to their achievements in the game and while they won't play many games, their contribution is helping this team grow up would be invaluable.
In the absence of any inside info, Grimes might be our best bet. I doubt that any of the above players would want to leave whilst their team is contending for a flag.

Not going to happen Chad and I'll tell you why. Contrary to popular belief we have done our massive cleanouts, some might say we have more players to go and that what is happening at the moment is proof. I heard a few things Clarko has said, around seven months ago and one point that stuck with me and I agreed, was after last year there would be no more cleanouts, we will make some changes but there will be no 8-10 changes after our last game this year.

The one word he used made perfect sense, that word was STABILITY. Having gone over our list and listened to people when we have brought players in, there is no doubt we need a few more players to add to our emerging talented list, we're nearly there, but not quite. From our list and not naming anyone {as to me that would be disrespectful} I can see no more than five changes, I know other people have said anywhere between 8 and 10 as well but its not happening unless there is a major backflip and I'm not including players that go somewhere else.

Three in the national draft and two mature guys in the trade period or free agency should round us up nicely. As for the tough decisions, they have already been made, four years of delisting players to bring in young talent and head off into that void known as a full rebuild, any wonder why clubs have shied away from this, I suspect ours will be the last one, we'll get to own another record.

Build this young team, bring them up together, get games into them, keep instilling knowledge and confidence into them and get them to memorise the game plan. I know like many others Chad that you would just like to see some improvement and that some players aren't up to it and more tough calls have to be made, this is why Alastair is the goat, he knows what he is doing even if people don't listen or won't accept the way he is going about it.

In the last week or two we have had Cam leaving us, we have had LDU going to leave us, Clarko is washed up/past it, the game has gone past him, Will Phillips, where do I start ? I get it, a lot of people are angry and think we are history, but the point of the matter is it couldn't be further from the truth. Yes blind Freddy can see we at least should be playing a little better than we are but there are reasons why we haven't gone to the next level just yet and some of the things Alastair wanted to do was see who will be on the journey and who can adapt to the game plan as well as carry it out.

Finally, some will scream all we want is effort and some semblance of a game plan, all in good time, the boys are trying, things are also being tested, why, because now is the time to do it, I think we may see a few changes this week, is this the week we see Harry in the forward line? ;)
Are they trying though?

It’s a depressing thought to think they are.

And even direr one to think they aren’t.

In the absence of any inside info, Grimes might be our best bet. I doubt that any of the above players would want to leave whilst their team is contending for a flag.
Graham and Grimes from Tiges would be perfect.

Throw in Baker as well and that would bring the sim total of players who consistently crack in 100% to about seven players on our list.

Yep Lobb to north should be an easy one to do

Gives larkey some help and relief ruck for xerri

Costs us peanuts

Gives us 2 years to get sellers or Finnbar ready
If there are peanuts involved, I suspect the Bulldogs will be paying for them. They will surely offer up some steak knives for us to take Lobb off their books, relieving their salary cap so that they can match offers to retain JUH.

I’m hoping we target at least 1 player in every zone of the ground through trade. I think Zurhaar leaves so we can’t attack free agency.

Defence - put a big offer in front of pre agent Brandon Starcevich. Bris are going to need to pay up for Berry and MCcluggage. Rayner, Andrews and Cameron all out of contract next year as well. He might take the money if we offer it.

Mid - Jarryd Lyons would be a good option for a couple of years. Mature mid who still finds the footy. Takes a bit of pressure of our young mids. FA but we could offer a very cheap trade so we don’t dilute free agency.

Forward - As much as I hate to say it I think Lobb is the best option. He’ll be cheap, fills that ruck forward option and can give Larkey some support.

Outside of established players I still think Aleer and Busslinger are good options.

Busslinger - Def 198cm
Tomlinson - Def 193cm
Declase - Utility 195cm
Hayes - Def 199cm
Garoni - Fwd 195cm
Lobb - Utility 207cm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back