Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We had 26 more inside 50s so really we should of won easily. They cant even whinge properly anymore the poor fools

Even Fly in his presser intimated that we should have won by more. And coaches never say anything meaningful or controversial.

• WHE's near miss after his 1st goal in Q4
  • Checkers' ever-so-slightly-too-far pass ahead of Bobby Hill
  • Crispy's juuuuuust off-target snap from a stoppage

Not to mention numerous other opportunities. Felt like we were a chance to be 4-5 goals ahead in reality.

Minus Owies’ BS goal too.

We're unbeaten with Frampton in the team, he's acquitted himself well even when players like McKay have had the upper hand (although three of his goals were not Billy's fault), and in the meantime he's also done demolition jobs on Joey D and the entire Hawks tall forward brigade to get us the win in tight games.
Not quite; he played against St. Kilda.

Sir Frampton had some good moments I thought. Highlights: being part of the gang tackle with Maynard on Curnow that lead to Shoota's goal just before half-time. And winning that aerial wing contest against Curnow in the last, then wheeling around him like he wasn't there... delicious.
That "wheeling" play that left Curnow for dead proves how athletic, agile and mobile he is for his size.
I agree it was very impressive.

If we had lost with 26 more I50's , winning centre and stoppage clearances, and 34 more tackles, then I'm not blaming Frampton.
I wouldn't have blamed him either. Although he was clearly beaten by his opponent on several occasions, it was a battle he was expected to lose - all he was really required to do was keep McKay honest and maintain the defensive structure, which he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto which 9 of you voted Orazio Fantasia as having had a good game on their autopsy thread? 😂😂😂

Really………

Open window to the box, most likely coping advice from the outside mutants about his sons “ability” and other “things” all night.

His son seals the game for the team he obviously adores, has played a legendary career with, and he gives them back a bit of “get that up ya”……

Seriously, the world we live in now……..

I did it! I found the only Carlolton supporter with a brain. Woohoo!

Williams didn’t have the best game but to be fair those free kicks to Elliot at the start were pathetic…if that’s holding then McKay and curnow should get a free every time the ball goes near them

My God. It’s so difficult to be silent sometimes…

The first free kick to Elliott was discussed as being for having the arm around him by the commentators, but in the same play Williams held his jumper to prevent him from leading for the ball. The stretch of Elliott’s jumper stuck out like a sore thumb to me, but was never mentioned on the Ch 7 call.

The first free kick to Elliott was discussed as being for having the arm around him by the commentators, but in the same play Williams held his jumper to prevent him from leading for the ball. The stretch of Elliott’s jumper stuck out like a sore thumb to me, but was never mentioned on the Ch 7 call.
Was just gonna say the same thing. I don't know why the commentators didn't mention it, but was clearly there.

The last few minutesof the Carlton call on SEN.

The pain in Andy Mahers voice and a shattered Kouta and Ange is an all time great Collingwood moment.

Watched this about ten times now.

It’s a masterpiece.

A brilliant script which starts with hope, moves to disbelief, and ends in the utmost despair.

I’m crying laughing.

What is exciting is 6 of our next 7 opponents are in the bottom 10 - we have a serious chance to make our move on top four and a premiership in the next 7 weeks at least.

Losses to Sydney and St Kilda at the G were tough to watch but we arguably got them back at the Gabba and wins against Port and Carlton. 5-3 would have been the reasonable expectation at the start of the year up until this point. We're 4-1-3 and in impressive form.
6 games until the bye and looking at who we're playing, I don't see any reason we shouldn't win at-least 5 of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back