Preview Round 7 v Melbourne ANZAC Eve MCG Wednesday April 24th 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that Ryan is in better form ... and Kosi doesn't stand a chance in the ruck against Gawn ... shouldn't be too many surprises at selection unless there was another injury at training

In Ryan, Hopper, Grimes
Out Kosi, Kamdyn, (or MacAuliffe 12d or Sonsie 6d in a half or Dow 13d), Short

Only other possibility would be Young goes out and Kosi stays in
why would you take young out, probably one of our best defenders.

Ins: Ryan/Naismith. Grimes. Hopper

Outs: Short. Hugo. Kosi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FWIW …That’s what I ‘think’ might happen … if I had my way it would be:

Ins: Ryan. Hopper. Grimes. K Smith

Outs: Short. Kosi. McIntosh. Pickett

* play Campbell and Hugo on the wings. Sonsie as sub.

Young on Brown
Miller on Petty
Rioli on Kosi
Grimes on Fritsch
Broad on JVR
Vlastuin floating around on whomever

Short is my guess, with Broad or Brown released into a more attacking role.
No chance Short gets dropped.
They've beaten good teams though with that forward line.
They're a good team but their tall forwards are crap (Ben brown, Petty) or out of form (Van Rooyen).

we did make Petty look like Gary Ablett last year though.

Edit- Forgot Short was injured

Last edited:
I think it's time to bring Cumberland and Naismith in for Kosi and Campbell.
Naismith can play deep and is the get out of jail high ball when needed. Rather Ryan but Naismith better against Gawn.

Campbell had 4 poss, in the first Q, then 4 for the rest of the match, 1 contested possession all up. He has been great and looks a player, but I think a few games in the midfield/forward in the VFL is needed. Needs to get his hands on it. Cumberland would also give us a more scoring power.

Need to be proactive at this stage of the season.
Campbell played small forward with the Eagles effortlessly picking their way through our midfield. How many possessions did you expect him to get. KMac he was worse. We should dump him and move Campbell to the wing

Campbell played small forward with the Eagles effortlessly picking their way through our midfield. How many possessions did you expect him to get. KMac he was worse. We should dump him and move Campbell to the wing
Campbell plays up the ground not small forward. He got most of his possessions on the wing. I am a fan of Campbell, I think we have a good player in the making, but I think he's going to be a mid perhaps. But he is looking a bit our of form.

And yes I would happily replace MacIntosh, plenty of candidates, Campbell being one of them.

Teams?

Where Are You What GIF by Yung Bae

1713860435707.png
Mykelti & Naimisth against Lever May & McDonald could get ugly if we're just bombing the ball on their heads all night. Miller could be another option to move forward with Grimes now back. Going to be an interesting match given the named team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW …That’s what I ‘think’ might happen … if I had my way it would be:

Ins: Ryan. Hopper. Grimes. K Smith

Outs: Short. Kosi. McIntosh. Pickett

* play Campbell and Hugo on the wings. Sonsie as sub.

Young on Brown
Miller on Petty
Rioli on Kosi
Grimes on Fritsch
Broad on JVR
Vlastuin floating around on whomever

How quick is Petty? Broad being on JVR is a good shout as well. He still has a good toe on him and is deceptively strong. Kaleb Smith could be rotating with Vlast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back