Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My centre line down this week:
C: Hugo Bolton Rioli
HF: Martin Lefau Coulthard
FF: Ryan Cumberland MRJ

Time to roll the dice on a few players.
Smith to half back to release Rioli to the wing. Smith plays a lot like Rioli and Rioli looks like he needs a new challenge.

Campbell can have a rest, Mansell to the bench and give Coulthard a go. He works hard and is a class crumber.

Martin up the ground a bit, we need is ability around the ball a bit more.

Ryan deep and play Cumberland as the lead up player out of the goal square. He has lost that role in the VFL and his form has dipped as a result, but he needs to be engaged more and given a definite role. His agility and ability to lead up and wheel around is very good, not many can go with him at speed.

We need to be dynamic forward, we kicked 5 goals last week, so we need to do something.

Smith to half back to release Rioli to the wing. Smith plays a lot like Rioli and Rioli looks like he needs a new challenge.

Campbell can have a rest, Mansell to the bench and give Coulthard a go. He works hard and is a class crumber.

Ryan deep and play Cumberland as the lead up player out of the goal square. He has lost that role in the VFL and his form has dipped as a result, but he needs to be engaged more and given a definite role. His agility and ability to lead up and wheel around is very good, not many can go with him at speed.

We need to be dynamic forward, we kicked 5 goals last week, so we need to do something.
would love to see that forward line. we just cant keep bombing it in to the hotspot it's so predictable to the interceptors who come off their men and swarm there. if you're going to bomb it in go to the pocket, every chance we'll get a boundary throw in which is miles better than a direct turn over and rebound. Even if it's "insufficient attempt" it still gives us a bit of time to set up. of course the preference is just lower the eyes and hit a bloody player.

When Nank kicked across the face of goal turning it over the game was shot. That moment killed all our momentum and enthusiasm. You could see the attitude change in the players immediately... Great job captain. 👏
Agree.I mean the next 2 shots if we converted would've put us back within 10pts.:rolleyes:

Thought Smith was almost our best player in the last half yesterday, and has been good in every game this year.

He has speed, a great kick, very good composure and runs and overlaps. Solid enough body as well. He really deserves a crack now. Banks replacement. Banks was okay but he's just too skinny for a not particularly fast player.
Perth Boy.Debut on the cards perhaps?
IN:Smith
Out:Banks

MRJ, Dow and Ralphsmith voted the 3 best ... great to see the youngsters taking big steps forward ... I will say it again - Junior is going to be better than his Father.
Sorry but thats a NO.
Not a shame to be not as good but his old man was a magician.

First time Ralphsmith looked like someone whose played footy before. Progress
still goin through the thread nsiibm but hrs had equal team high 11 cp which surprised the f outta me

he still runs some very strange lines around contests but that is a stat to be hopeful about

Personally I think Dusty has been ok this year
When he goes near the ball something happens his kicking most times is elite think everyone is judging him on his elated status he’s allowed to have a game when he is not bog I think he has been good defenitely should have made all Australian team last year except for the flog Kornes

He’s playing predominantly in the hardest position on the ground… in a team with no midfield and no key forwards. He’s not setting the world on fire, but as I’ve posted previously, the footy world is salivating over the year Miers is having, and rightly so, he has been superb:

Miers v Dusty :

Disposals: 22 v 18.6
CP: 6.0 v 4.7
I50: 4.8 v 3.4
Goals: 0.8 v 0.8
GA: 1.3 v 1.0
SI: 6.8 v 6.4
SI%: 27.3 v 32.0
Metre: 366 v 291
DE%: 68.2 v 66.7

Don’t get me wrong, Miers has been better than Martin ‘so far’ in 2024.

But he’s in an unbeaten team and Martin is in a bottom-3 team. Martin is involved in 32% of our teams scores which is elite … it’s just at the moment our team isn’t much chop.

Let’s let the season play out a bit more before we all consign him to retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back 6 ??

The media want dusty to retire or leave Richmond so bad. Some fans do too (and I get drawn into it as well). We should remind ourselves we're watching the greatest to ever pull on an RFC Guernsey.

Ive never thought he's looked disinterested on the field either, but he is slowing up a bit. If we had 2 key forwards to work around, dusty would be much more lethal in front of goals this year. Instead he has the likes of may and lever always over his shoulder.

After last night I really think Mrj needs time on the ball.
He’s just looking better and better.
Big surprise

I’m surprised at how much MRJ has improved also, my knock on him is still end product. He gets that right and we have a very good player.
Imagine how good he could be if he stopped coming back from off season fat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back 6 ??
B: Grimes Young Miller
HB: Smith Broad Vlastuin

R: Nank, Dow, Pickett

Int: MacAuliffe, Baker, Browne, Sonsie, Mansell

Either Mansell or Coulthard as sub. Bit harsh on Mansell to be sub, but he's dropped off a bit and would like to have a good look at Coulthard.

This side has pace to burn.

I watched a replay of the match yesterday and I've got to say Lefau made some really good leads against Melbourne that were ignored and we decided to just kick it to Dusty instead.
Something the club needs to work on over the next few games.
Dunstall said the same after the game. He was a big wrap for Lefau.

2019 premlim when he did his shoulder and took one for the team……
And that showed his toughness and ability to play through the pain, he's been living off those 2 performances ever since. That one was 5 years ago.

Since then he's been mediocre at best. If he's still getting a game when everyone's available we are playing one short and depriving a younger player the opportunity to develop properly.

Whether you like or dislike Cumberland. leave that aside.

Mansell and Campbell have not played well of late. Are we going to keep gifting games?

Cumbo, Coulthard and Green all played well in our win over Melbourne yesterday.

Time to give these 3 a run. Not saying put all 3 in, but 2 of them to replace Mansell and Campbell.

Junior has taken his chance and playing well. Hope the MC mix it up and see what these guys can do cause atm Mansell and Campbell aren't providing enough output.
Hmmmm Cumbo tried hard and chased well but his decision making with the ball and disposal was terrible. I wouldn't be giving him a game off the back of that.

Sonsie, McAuliffe & Ryan should all get a game though.

Let’s let the season play out a bit more before we all consign him to retirement.
Spot on. As it stands now, I would not hesitate in giving the great one another year if he wants it.

Hmmmm Cumbo tried hard and chased well but his decision making with the ball and disposal was terrible. I wouldn't be giving him a game off the back of that.

Sonsie, McAuliffe & Ryan should all get a game though.

Well I would and I watched it also and he played well. Defensively very good with 6 tackles and hit the scoreboard but hey lets keep gifting games to Mansell. Campbell to has been way down in recent weeks.

Cumbo and Coulthard for Mansell and Campbell

McAuliffe is a mid. Ryan a tall forward and Sonsie should be played as a mid not small forward.

Hopper out opens up a mid spot.

I watched a replay of the match yesterday and I've got to say Lefau made some really good leads against Melbourne that were ignored and we decided to just kick it to Dusty instead.
Something the club needs to work on over the next few games.
Was also a massive highlight of his game against the eagles

He’s extremely busy and always trying to create movement and opportunities for himself or the other forwards by creating space

It’s a credit to both Leafu, our coaches and probably players like Lynch who are really helping him develop and it’s showing

Was also a massive highlight of his game against the eagles

He’s extremely busy and always trying to create movement and opportunities for himself or the other forwards by creating space

It’s a credit to both Leafu, our coaches and probably players like Lynch who are really helping him develop and it’s showing
Yeah I admit I didn't think us getting him would amount to much. Let's hope the players on the field start using him more.

Yeah I admit I didn't think us getting him would amount to much. Let's hope the players on the field start using him more.
May of just been a plan that they elected to try with May being on him and they were trying to avoid him but definitely would of been nice to see some of those leads honoured as well

Hopefully we get a chance to see how he plays with both Lynch and Balta in the side as well at some point
Think he could really do some damage if he hasn’t got the massive key backs on him

Back