• J. Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Campbell

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • K. McIntosh (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a danger game for me. Not the result, we obviously wont win, they defend well and we cant score. I can see us putting in a shocker though, easy to get up for the big games and be competetive, 1pm Sunday, small crowd, opposition no one cares about, they could absolutely flog us if we dont bring intensity.

You linked it.

Caroline Wilson says Richmond’s list management decisions have left a lot to be desired since their premiership in 2020.

The Tigers are struggling with an injury crisis in Adem Yze’s first season as coach, with Jacob Hopper’s hamstring injury only adding to their problems.

Caro believes the direction of the club has shifted dramatically since the shock departure of Damien Hardwick as coach during the 2023 season.
She blames our choices since 2020 who was in charge to 23 when he left. Also, we aren't struggling just this year with injuries are we? the seasons before weren't much chop since the end 2019 when we started losing our fitness stuff to pay dim weed.

Then we totally read this differently.

-She blames the decisions made since 2020, while Dimma was still at the club, dictating the direction?

-Injury Crisis

I hear this as her saying that its all gone down hill since Dimma left, because he drove us into a ******* iceburg & like the great leader he is, abandoned ship before the s**t hit the fan.

I think she has her finger right on the pulse. She blames Dimma, not him leaving.

Then we totally read this differently.

-She blames the decisions made since 2020, while Dimma was still at the club, dictating the direction?

-Injury Crisis

I hear this as her saying that its all gone down hill since Dimma left, because he drove us into a ******* iceburg & like the great leader he is, abandoned ship before the s**t hit the fan.

I think she has her finger right on the pulse. She blames Dimma, not him leaving.
It's pretty simple, his mojo with Richmond was down, his two big recruits didn't offer that much and a lot of our stars were past it....The chance to go up north to a list that had more potential was too much to ignore.

It's pretty simple, his mojo with Richmond was down, his two big recruits didn't offer that much and a lot of our stars were past it....The chance to go up north to a list that had more potential was too much to ignore.

Yes, well - he was under contract. He had an agreement. He faked "burnout" to break that contract & then immediately took another job. He was full of s**t

His decision to go with the "2 big recruits" was all ego. It was never going to make us a contender. To think all we needed was Taranto, Hopper & a 50 year old Robbie Tarrant to compete again was batshit crazy. He just didn't have the modesty to accept, its over and the club needs to rebuild before it can compete again. He was clearly never in it for the future, yet, he signed a massive contract which locked him in for ours

I give us a big chance this week if we can at least break even in the midfield. Need Sonsie in there all game. Despite being cruelled by injury our form, bar the pears game, at the MCG has been very, very solid in isolation.

Their midfield should absolutely batter ours with or without Sonsie. Serong gets 40 a week these days, then they have Fyfe back in form, Brayshaw and Young. Jackson as well will be hard for Nank to go with.

I see us in it for a half before that midfield will completely overrun us. Their's is at full strength, we are back to the midfield that played against West Coast now that Hoppers done again.

That is rubbish.

“He was one of the greatest role players, if not the greatest role player that our football club has ever seen.”​

Damian Hardwick

FFS, we watched that forward line destroy teams with their pressure for 5 years. Castagna was not trash. He played 134 games, kicked 127 goals & laid 350 tackles, almost entirely I50, He won 3 flags. GTFOutta here

That forward line did the role they were told to do from the start to the end. The difference in their success was "the role".

Jason was never cut. He retired because he fell out of love in the game cos of campaignery supporters like you who started calling him trash.

Dimma pretty much confirmed he did wrong by him

George was an important part of our dynasty via his great forward pressure and the sacrificial role he played.

But other than his pressure I don’t believe he was AFL standard at any other element of the game. So when we turned average he wasn’t able to provide the team much value as pressure alone with minimal forward threat was no longer enough.

So you believe Dimma ruined Castagna and Aarts… I don’t agree, as they both were very limited players and not suited to being in average teams.

But I shouldn’t have called him trash as that’s disrespectful to a Premiership hero.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

George was an important part of our dynasty via his great forward pressure and the sacrificial role he played.

But other than his pressure I don’t believe he was AFL standard at any other element of the game. So when we turned average he wasn’t able to provide the team much value as pressure alone with minimal forward threat was no longer enough.

So you believe Dimma ruined Castagna and Aarts… I don’t agree, as they both were very limited players and not suited to being in average teams.

But I shouldn’t have called him trash as that’s disrespectful to a Premiership hero.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He played 136 games, kicked 127/ 106b - could have easily kicked 5 in a GF in 2019. I still think he would be starting 18 if he hadn't retired & likely would have played 200 games & won 3 flags.

There is no argument that he wasn't "AFL standard"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep i ignored scroat yonks ago

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

He played 136 games, kicked 127/ 106b - could have easily kicked 5 in a GF in 2019. I still think he would be starting 18 if he hadn't retired & likely would have played 200 games & won 3 flags.

There is no argument that he wasn't "AFL standard"

People forget how good he was early on. He's a bit like Richo, (those words have never been written before I'd wager), but for all his good work, you sometimes remember the blunders. He was spent by the end when he had to move up the ground to get a kick. I hate the term pressure forward because it defines a player as a very limited one, which he became, but he was very dynamic in the early days. Kicked 26, 26 and 27 goals between 2017 - 19.

Thanks Keith again for the gifs - I didnt bother watching the replay this week, was so damn pissed at the game. Looking at those gifs, the most pleasing aspect is seeing how often our young players are playing crucial parts in some big plays, Dow, HRS, jnr, Seth, Brown, Mykelti, Mansell well done fellas.

One thing I'll say about the small pressure fwds is this:

Its no coincidence that Jnr and Mansell are blossoming and in career best form this year and its no coincidence that those 2 and Seth are giving us a spark most weeks. They look lively, quick and give us energy going fwd. I'm not here to s**t on Dimma, I'll forever be grateful that he was the captain of the ship that led us to 3 premierships, but no-ones infallible, he prefers his small fwds to play dour defensive football. There's a marked difference to how our small fwds play now vs a year ago.

Its no coincidence that Jnr and Mansell are blossoming and in career best form this year and its no coincidence that those 2 and Seth are giving us a spark most weeks. They look lively, quick and give us energy going fwd. I'm not here to s**t on Dimma, I'll forever be grateful that he was the captain of the ship that led us to 3 premierships, but no-ones infallible, he prefers his small fwds to play dour defensive football. There's a marked difference to how our small fwds play now vs a year ago.
Seriously LOL

From 2017 ~ 2019 we had the 2 Dans and George kicking a goal a game all year, marking & probably tackling too. The 2024 version MRJ, Mansell et al pales sadly by comparison.

Dimma takes all credit/responsibility for Mansell as the fwd role. I love the way he pays B U T

They don't hit the scoreboard enough in my out dated opinion .

I guess its all a big * until Lynch, Balta, Hopper, Prestia etc return

Last edited:

Campbell injured all last year, so he is the new blood up fwd. Tick for Yze? . Followed the Dimma_mini formula to the letter

Again hasn't hit the scoreboard after the 2nd game. is 2, 3 tackles a game enough. Campbell is clocking up great running stats. .... never to be dropped:(:(:(:(

MRJ/Mansell stuff up the goal in the CFC game, lose by 5pts, & FMD MRJ leaves a lot score out there week in week out.

Last edited:
Seriously LOL

From 2017 ~ 2019 we had the 2 Dans and George kicking a goal a game all year, marking & probably tackling too. The 2024 version MRJ, Mansell et al pales sadly by comparison.

Dimma takes all credit/responsibility for Mansell as the fwd role. I love the way he pays B U T

They don't hit the scoreboard enough in my out dated opinion .

I guess its all a big * until Lynch, Balta, Hopper, Prestia etc return

I’m comparing it to the past 3-4 seasons, no need to be a hecken smartarse about it. Playing as a pure defensive fwd sucks the life out of you pretty quick as proven by all 3 of our fwds after 2017/18/19.

And are you seriously loling at my comment that Mansell and Rioli jnr are playing the best footy of their career??? Haha they were pure defensive fwds that offered us absolutely NOTHING going fwd last year, this year there is a marked difference in their offensive output. How can anyone not agree with that?

Last edited:
Campbell injured all last year, so he is the new blood up fwd. Tick for Yze? . Followed the Dimma_mini formula to the letter

Again hasn't hit the scoreboard after the 2nd game. is 2, 3 tackles a game enough. Campbell is clocking up great running stats. .... never to be dropped:(:(:(:(

MRJ/Mansell stuff up the goal in the CFC game, lose by 5pts, & FMD MRJ leaves a lot score out there week in week out.
So you’re picking out a couple of isolated moments and judging them as average?

Those 3 have been great for the most part, yes they make some errors who doesn’t? Seth plays further up the ground a lot and gets involved from deep runs. Jnr has gone from a deer in headlights with the ball the past 2 seasons to someone creating now, Mansell has had 2-3 fantastic games by any small fwd standards, both those guys were in the side last year as pure defensive smalls and their output suffered compared to this year, which is my point

Last edited:
Back