Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late meat tray

In. Danger. Conway. Kolo. Hawkins
Out: 2E, COS, Stanley, Clark

Confident on all but clark

Guessing on sub that it will be either Atkins or Parf
Ok. Always the risk. That didn’t age well. I was certain (ie. very hopeful so convinced myself) that Neale would stay in and they would rest another midfielder. I wasn’t certain on who and in the end they maybe couldn’t work out who either so a straight hawk/neale swap got done

I understand it but I had hoped to see scratcher go around again

Scott saying he wants to play Neale is as good a confirmation as any that Neale is not in fact playing
I was trying so hard not to be cynical like you (and me normally). But that instinct is usually right with CS conferences.

If I was him I would start to worry that everybody is keeping me out of the loop. Every week he gets it wrong with who is ready to play and who “they” want to play. 😀😳

Surprised Clark keeps his spot. Reckon a run of games in the VFL would be the best thing for him right now.
Not sure he will go through vfl but he along with half a dozen of the MF/younger guys will get a turn to be managed (not play vfl) over the next 6 weeks. Dempsey, Parfitt, Clark, Atkins, Bowes, MOC etc will each be rested once I reckon over next 6 rounds as we get danger, Guthrie and then Rohan back

If he becomes a 2x flag player, I can live with that, but I still think of him as in our best 22
I think so too on current form but he can only use the past months standard as a bare minimum, that's just how tough it's going to be. But I think minus a big drop off he'll be on an AFL list no matter what.

I’ll make a random guess that Clark will be a late out for Neale.

Obviously it’s unlikely that Neale would be a late in two weeks in a row but pulling a late in with him would possibly mess with the Lions defensive structure and also he’d be able to give some minutes in the ruck to ease the load in Conway/Blitz.

Clark looks like he needs a run of domination in the VFL for mine but if he plays and isn’t a late out I can only assume the club is desperate to get games into him.

Touhy hasn’t looked good all year (even in two practice matches) so it’s no shock he is out.
He missed the R3 game v the Hawks so it’s not as if he is running on an empty tank… I think he just isn’t B22 anymore.

Nice work on CS giving the vibe that Neale was going to stay in the team only a few hours ago… I’m not sure why he says some things sometimes.

He is absolutely the smartest and smoothest coach in the biz, but just sometimes he and Geelong pull this kinda stuff and it just seems a waste of time for mine.
He says things to wind people up and it works every time.

Let the man have some rare joy, for gods sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. Always the risk. That didn’t age well. I was certain (ie. very hopeful so convinced myself) that Neale would stay in and they would rest another midfielder. I wasn’t certain on who and in the end they maybe couldn’t work out who either so a straight hawk/neale swap got done

I understand it but I had hoped to see scratcher go around again
Respect for putting your predictions out there! You get some good mail, maybe Neale will still be a late in.

It's a game against one of last year's Grand Finalists, on their own deck, 2000km away from home... and it's the week after we played a terrible team at home.

I highly, highly doubt that Stanley is being managed.
So you think he'll play VFL, or is there no VFL game?

I hope we see this too.

Neale has the hot hand, has his confidence up at AFL level, and we can really stretch their defence with him playing.

I love Clark, but he looks sore. He's not moving with the burst or acceleration we saw in the pre-season, and he's getting caught even with a 4-5 metre headstart on the loose ball.

Some have suggested VFL time, but I don't think it's a form issue necessarily. He looks like he needs rest.

It's basically his first season, and his body isn't up to playing week-to-week AFL football yet. Nothing wrong with that, it happens.

Clark i do agree probably needs a rest (wouldnt be surprised if we swap him for mannagh next week). But neale in would make us too tall the ball would rebound out of our forward line.

So you think he'll play VFL, or is there no VFL game?
I think he'll be spared the ignominy.

But IMO nobody is playing North Melbourne at home when we are 4-0 up to start the season, and is then managed for the clash against last year's runner-up interstate. I am pretty sure it's performance, not rest.

IIRC, Higgins and Dalhaus were "managed" - but then reappeared later in the VFL.

I think he'll be spared the ignominy.

But IMO nobody is playing North Melbourne at home when we are 4-0 up to start the season, and is then managed for the clash against last year's runner-up interstate. I am pretty sure it's performance, not rest.
Performance was ok though.
I think it was preordained

So if Stanley is NOT playing, will everybody accept he IS managed?
No. What it would take for me to accept that he was genuinely managed would be for Conway to play well, but Stanley still to come straight back in the next week.

It's no coincidence IMO that the other "managed" player is the one who is now, performance-wise, right on the periphery of the 22 and also coming up hard on the end of his career.

It's a game against one of last year's Grand Finalists, on their own deck, 2000km away from home... and it's the week after we played a terrible team at home.

I highly, highly doubt that Stanley is being managed.

Theres no value in stanley playing vfl though at this point. We just need to manage both him and conway so they both get through the year (as we have no ruck depth behind them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back