Preview Rd 6 Geelong V Brisbane Sat April 20 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-0

They are all pissed we are here.

So now much is made of whom we have beaten.

But all we can do is beat whom they serve to us.

This week, the Lions.

We have a full list - PFD and Tomma back so there is 2 changes. Neale might go out and be stiff if it happens.
Maybe 2E goes out as well after just rolling thru the North game. We will see.

We have a best 28 easily right now.

Lions will push the biggest test to us thus far clearly.

GO Catters

Hopefully Charlie Cameron stays suspended.

I'll be there... and it's ridiculous how much another seat would cost. Even the cheapest bring a mate seats are $60... or, I should say, were. They're all sold out now.

Anyway, Hawkins will come in for Neale. PFD will probably come in for Clark or O'Sullivan, someone like Tuohy or Bowes will start as the sub. I think that's reasonably straightforward.

Edit: I forgot Kolo. OK, that's PDF, Hawk and Kolo in for Clark, Neale and O'Sullivan.

At the start of the year, I had this one chalked up as "would be nice" rather than a 50-50, given the Gabba factor. That's still where I sit.

Last edited:

Like to see Oisin Mullin play on Charlie Cameron (if he beats suspension) which although a huge task, I reckon he's up to it or at the very least we'd get to see if he can lock down a star legit match-winning small forward with an eye on future regards the 2024 final series ala Bewsy in 2022 final series. Can't see it happening with Oisin being selected for this big game but it's not to say he can't be used in a similar role in other possible future games, food for thought anyway.

Last edited:
I'll be there... and it's ridiculous how much another seat would cost. Even the cheapest bring a mate seats are $60... or, I should say, were. They're all sold out now.

Anyway, Hawkins will come in for Neale. PFD will probably come in for Clark or O'Sullivan, someone like Tuohy or Bowes will start as the sub. I think that's reasonably straightforward.

Edit: I forgot Kolo. OK, that's PDF, Hawk and Kolo in for Clark, Neale and O'Sullivan.

At the start of the year, I had this one chalked up as "would be nice" rather than a 50-50, given the Gabba factor. That's still where I sit.

Bowes as sub? What? He’s been in our best the last 2 weeks why on earth would he be the sub

in Danger, Hawk, Kolo
out clark, tuohy, moc

COS to play on Hipwood who is out of form but we don't need him finding form against us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would also seriously think about swapping Stanley and Toby
stanley has played two in a row and is giving away 4cm
need to have a real contest with McInerney to prevent easy access to Brisbane mids.

would also seriously think about swapping Stanley and Toby
stanley has played two in a row and is giving away 4cm
need to have a real contest with McInerney to prevent easy access to Brisbane mids.
Stanley has been very solid since returning. I would only rest him if he's carrying a niggle.

At this stage, Stanley has the better tank to go 4 quarters against Brisbane.

This is a huge game, need our best team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cats lost this game. One could say we're due. But, hopefully, Paddy, TBone, Rohan, & Kolo will be available, which might add the grunt we need. We're going to need Paddy in the midfield this week because Brisbane has a much better midfield than us. It's going to be tough for our young guys out there. We match them for Forward and Defense, but I suspect it will come down to the midfield battle that wins or loses this game for us. If the Cats can at least break even at the stoppages, then we could do it. I think Jezza won't be allowed to roam around getting the ball this week, either. The Lions will be ready.

No milestones for either side this week - makes for a change from the season to date

Looking forward to attending my first match at the Gabba - hoping for a good game

Hopefully my foot recovers enough to go to this game as I have tickets for it ..first time at the shithole the GABBA …it’ll be interesting

I've been there once, and that was for the Ian Healy tribute match which was more than a few years ago

Curious to see what the atmosphere of a footy match is like in a non-traditional footy state

I’ve got a ticket in the Gabba members but never been in there before. Do they have a standing room area like the MCC? Otherwise is there an area in the ground to sit with other Cats supporters?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cats lost this game. One could say we're due. But, hopefully, Paddy, TBone, Rohan, & Kolo will be available, which might add the grunt we need. We're going to need Paddy in the midfield this week because Brisbane has a much better midfield than us. It's going to be tough for our young guys out there. We match them for Forward and Defense, but I suspect it will come down to the midfield battle that wins or loses this game for us. If the Cats can at least break even at the stoppages, then we could do it. I think Jezza won't be allowed to roam around getting the ball this week, either. The Lions will be ready.

Can swear I heard the bolded two weeks ago too when we played the Dogs.

Can swear I heard the bolded two weeks ago too when we played the Dogs.
Yeah, and the Dog's midfield mauled us, and the Cats nearly lost the game. It was only our turnover/transition game that got us over the line. Not our stoppage work.

I've been there once, and that was for the Ian Healy tribute match which was more than a few years ago

Curious to see what the atmosphere of a footy match is like in a non-traditional footy state
Same it’ll be an interesting experience ..much prefer the MCG and KP

I’ll head over to WA one day to see the stadium over there …maybe next year

Odds this week are downright insulting:

Brisbane $1.47
Geelong $2.71
no way whatever GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back