Preview Rd 7 Geelong V Carlton Sat April 27 435 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Rohan is a massive threat to contain even if he's not a massive attaching target. So much of what he does is decoy or off the ball. It's much more pronounced at the game and I think a threefold problem for the opposition:
  1. He interrupts the the ball coming out of our forwardline with his pressure/closing speed
  2. He forces back the opposition's defensive wall with the threat of his speed
  3. He crashes packs and marks or brings the ball down.
His possession numbers and goal tally I don't think reflect what he's doing.

I agree with that but he still doesnt offer as much as what dempsey can and unless dempsey is dropped i dont see how rohan gets back in.

Tuohy’s named on field. The sub comes from the 5-man bench.

My money is on Parfitt.
That would be an extraordinary call! Dempsey or Atkins for me.

That would be an extraordinary call! Dempsey or Atkins for me.
Agree, Dempsey is the right call. Parfitt , finally fully fit, got coaches votes and is a real confidence player, and not the age group that needs management or sub roles yet

Agree, Dempsey is the right call. Parfitt , finally fully fit, got coaches votes and is a real confidence player, and not the age group that needs management or sub roles yet
Now that Dempsey has found his groove in the 1's he could easily come on against tired legs and get 10 classy disposals, a couple of goals and a few score involvements. Good luck keeping pace with his hard running on the G in those circumstances.

Then he'd be fresh for a full game the next week and we could maybe give the sub to someone else with a lot of minutes on the clock (Atkins, Close, O'Connor...or Tuohy moves to sub, with Stewart taking his spot).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go Atkins.

Dempsey is threatening to grab hold of a game, and hurt the opposition bad. He gets the game time for mine.

We've got Parfitt playing at his peak, so give him the game time too and hold Atkins back as sub if / when he or maybe Guthrie tire.

So BF family…interested in your view on my thought bubble…. Will they play Guthrie in a different role first game back…?

It feels stupid to even type the question but I have some logic…(even if it is bad logic!)

My assumption is that Atkins is the sub. But same logic if it was Dempsey

Bruhn and Parfitt can’t play anything but midfield and are both in good form. Blitz I think will play more MF (as opposed to wing) given big body against Cribs. Danger also really is MF only given our forward line.

Also I think MOC might gets lots of MF with a role against Walsh? Maybe

But that is 4 (counting Blitz and MOC as 1 between them) MF who will get around 65-75% each which has the 3 MF roles covered. And we can put Holmes through there too and Duncan.

That combined with “easing” Guthrie into his first game back wondered (in particular if Atkins is sub who has been squeezed out to backline) he might play a lot in the back half?

Just a thought bubble to get some reactions..

So BF family…interested in your view on my thought bubble…. Will they play Guthrie in a different role first game back…?

It feels stupid to even type the question but I have some logic…(even if it is bad logic!)

My assumption is that Atkins is the sub. But same logic if it was Dempsey

Bruhn and Parfitt can’t play anything but midfield and are both in good form. Blitz I think will play more MF (as opposed to wing) given big body against Cribs. Danger also really is MF only given our forward line.

Also I think MOC might gets lots of MF with a role against Walsh? Maybe

But that is 4 (counting Blitz and MOC as 1 between them) MF who will get around 65-75% each which has the 3 MF roles covered. And we can put Holmes through there too and Duncan.

That combined with “easing” Guthrie into his first game back wondered (in particular if Atkins is sub who has been squeezed out to backline) he might play a lot in the back half?

Just a thought bubble to get some reactions..
We'll definitely see more of C.Guthrie across half back as we near the end of his career. He'll probably take over the Duncan role.

I expect as is usual for Cats players they will have a good mix across multiple positions besides the obvious ones like Bruhn and Parfitt, who will have smaller game time for that reason.

Surely if out of those two it would have to be Atkins.
The only reason I mention Dempsey is at his size and weight they might want to reduce his minutes.

Was visibly upset at the 08 GF pre game when it was confirmed no Wojo and yes, an injured Stokes
I was visibly upset after the Geelong coaches moved an injured Stokes back onto Hodge after he'd destroyed him earlier in the game.

Some catastrophically bad coaching in that match, as well as nightmarishly bad kicking for goal.

Last edited:
Tuohy’s named on field. The sub comes from the 5-man bench.

My money is on Parfitt.
Don't like the idea of subbing players who are in form.

For both selection integrity and team balance, Touhy should be the sub.

Brandan is a grinder. He needs time to work into a game and can only play one position. His role doesn't suit that of the sub IMO, it hinders him rather than helping him.

Touhy on the other hand, fresh legs and can play all over the ground, and with the way he's looked the last 18 months, he probably needs everyone else to be fatigued to play effectively.

Don't like the idea of subbing players who are in form.

For both selection integrity and team balance, Touhy should be the sub.

Brandan is a grinder. He needs time to work into a game and can only play one position. His role doesn't suit that of the sub IMO, it hinders him rather than helping him.

Touhy on the other hand, fresh legs and can play all over the ground, and with the way he's looked the last 18 months, he probably needs everyone else to be fatigued to play effectively.

Not sure about that re Parf. I have watched him (about 10 times, possibly more) come onto a GF as a sub and kick a nice goal causing everyone to go bananas

(PS - not a serious post ;))

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I like Atkins as a sub, reckon he would have a big impact coming on for a quarter.

I don’t really understand why they have recalled Tuohy to be honest.

I can only assume they wanted leadership with stewart out but i dont understand it either.

I like Atkins as a sub, reckon he would have a big impact coming on for a quarter.

I don’t really understand why they have recalled Tuohy to be honest.
An extra defender after losing Stewart. Leader in the backline and any fresh legs after the slog against Brisbane is important imo.
Look how our opponent went against Carlton’s opponent from last week on Thursday. Giants destroyed the lions.
If these 2 sides were horses you would back the blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back