Preview Rd 6 Geelong V Brisbane Sat April 20 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conway in Stanley out is a bit of a shock but a good one. Other than that I'm very happy that Scott had the courage on Tuohy. Selection integrity upheld
If Tuohy is the 23rd selected player we're doing alright. Haven't once this year raged at something he's done.
Still a solid player.

Straight back v the blues.
His role was highlighted on SEN this week.

Defensive winger not too concerned with ball impact but stopping oppo wingman impact.
The ying to Dempsey/Miers yang.

If Tuohy is the 23rd selected player we're doing alright. Haven't once this year raged at something he's done.
Still a solid player.

Straight back v the blues.
His role was highlighted on SEN this week.

Defensive winger not too concerned with ball impact but stopping oppo wingman impact.
The ying to Dempsey/Miers yang.
24th is even better but he's looking like he's hitting a wall to me

Sounded like a message designed to not discourage Neale rather than flag an intention
I didn’t interpret it that way at the time - “it’s our preference to continue with him” (or similar) - but given the result I can’t argue with you.

I expected him to say something like: “we were very happy with him and if he doesn’t play that is not a reflection of how highly we rate him.” Which would have fitted with an honourable omission.

I didn’t interpret it that way at the time - “it’s our preference to continue with him” (or similar) - but given the result I can’t argue with you.

I expected him to say something like: “we were very happy with him and if he doesn’t play that is not a reflection of how highly we rate him.” Which would have fitted with an honourable omission.
He has a lot of kids with high expectations and great list availability. I think managing expectations and morale in the kids is one of his biggest problems and the one that is subject to the most media exposure.

I’ll make a random guess that Clark will be a late out for Neale.

Obviously it’s unlikely that Neale would be a late in two weeks in a row but pulling a late in with him would possibly mess with the Lions defensive structure and also he’d be able to give some minutes in the ruck to ease the load in Conway/Blitz.

Clark looks like he needs a run of domination in the VFL for mine but if he plays and isn’t a late out I can only assume the club is desperate to get games into him.

Touhy hasn’t looked good all year (even in two practice matches) so it’s no shock he is out.
He missed the R3 game v the Hawks so it’s not as if he is running on an empty tank… I think he just isn’t B22 anymore.

Nice work on CS giving the vibe that Neale was going to stay in the team only a few hours ago… I’m not sure why he says some things sometimes.

He is absolutely the smartest and smoothest coach in the biz, but just sometimes he and Geelong pull this kinda stuff and it just seems a waste of time for mine.

From what I saw Neale is a beast, is strong and is smart. The internal messaging around just that will be elite I have no doubt.

He should know by now that he is in the team sooner rather than later and is a huge part of the team's future. The Norf game confirmed it for most of us, but more importantly it should do so for him too.

And (as I half expect) if Hawk hangs the boots up this year, Neale will be the man.

Last edited:
From what I saw Neale is a beast, is strong and is smart. The internal messaging around just that will be elite I have no doubt.

He should know by now that he is in the team sooner rather than later and is a huge part of the team's future. The Norf game confirmed it for most of us, but more importantly it should do so for him too.

And (as I half expect) Hawk hangs the boots up this year, Neale will be the man.
Hawk will go for another year imo

I’ll make a random guess that Clark will be a late out for Neale.

Obviously it’s unlikely that Neale would be a late in two weeks in a row but pulling a late in with him would possibly mess with the Lions defensive structure and also he’d be able to give some minutes in the ruck to ease the load in Conway/Blitz.

Clark looks like he needs a run of domination in the VFL for mine but if he plays and isn’t a late out I can only assume the club is desperate to get games into him.

Touhy hasn’t looked good all year (even in two practice matches) so it’s no shock he is out.
He missed the R3 game v the Hawks so it’s not as if he is running on an empty tank… I think he just isn’t B22 anymore.

Nice work on CS giving the vibe that Neale was going to stay in the team only a few hours ago… I’m not sure why he says some things sometimes.

He is absolutely the smartest and smoothest coach in the biz, but just sometimes he and Geelong pull this kinda stuff and it just seems a waste of time for mine.
I've been hard on Scott for this before, but I didn't get that impression at all.

It might look worse in writing, but watching the interview today I got the impression that Neale was out for sure.

Made it clear that we rate him and he'll be getting a lot of gametime this season...but not necessarily this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been hard on Scott for this before, but I didn't get that impression at all.

It might look worse in writing, but watching the interview today I got the impression that Neale was out for sure.

Made it clear that we rate him and he'll be getting a lot of gametime this season...but not necessarily this week.
Listening to it I thought it gave the vibe that Neale was staying in… which like CatToTheFuture said, made me think he was going out… reverse psychology stuff.

For me the reality is I won’t fully accept he isn’t playing until the team runs out on the ground.

The same way I didn’t expect Hawkins to play last week even though he was named.

This week is definitely less likely of a Neale late change In though… but I won’t count it out.

I think we potentially do this stuff do have opposition sides guessing right up to the bounce on what we are doing.

Maybe it happens again Saturday night, maybe it doesn’t.

Neale in for Clark wouldn’t shock me at all though.

Listening to it I thought it gave the vibe that Neale was staying in… which like CatToTheFuture said, made me think he was going out… reverse psychology stuff.

For me the reality is I won’t fully accept he isn’t playing until the team runs out on the ground.

The same way I didn’t expect Hawkins to play last week even though he was named.

This week is definitely less likely of a Neale late change In though… but I won’t count it out.

I think we potentially do this stuff do have opposition sides guessing right up to the bounce on what we are doing.

Maybe it happens again Saturday night, maybe it doesn’t.

Neale in for Clark wouldn’t shock me at all though.
I hope we see this too.

Neale has the hot hand, has his confidence up at AFL level, and we can really stretch their defence with him playing.

I love Clark, but he looks sore. He's not moving with the burst or acceleration we saw in the pre-season, and he's getting caught even with a 4-5 metre headstart on the loose ball.

Some have suggested VFL time, but I don't think it's a form issue necessarily. He looks like he needs rest.

It's basically his first season, and his body isn't up to playing week-to-week AFL football yet. Nothing wrong with that, it happens.

+1 this. Just read as a message to Neale not to drop his head

Does the club see Conway as a bit of a wet tracker
Probably more that the big O got towelled up by Gawn last week so might be the opportunity we need to rest before Stanley goes in for back to back hit outs against TDK/Pitto then Gawn. Conway maybe in against Soldo at Adelaide oval before Stanley back for Witts in Darwin.

Reckon that gets us to the bye with 3 games into Conway and a draw that opens up a bit for more opportunities and a Stanley that has rested every 2-3 games or so.

So O'Connor to Charlie Cameron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back