Preview Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? Nicks barely mentioned him other than to say he wouldn’t play and why.Hr's missing

I hate that we’ve given Sloane another, but ya’ll are jumping at shadows now.
He made it sound like the injury was the only reason for Sloane missing. I can't stand him bullshitting how important Sloane is. It makes me sick.

Why are you assuming our board want ownership before then?

I really don't think they want to be accountable to the members.

I assumed that mainly based on our members comments. I hadn't thought that the board didnt want control. Interesting point though.

The point is that you can’t judge a loss against the Eagles in this week’s dead-rubber as incontrovertible evidence that we ‘wouldn’t have made the 8 anyway’. There’s the undeniable maths that we needed 2 wins against the Swans and Eagles to make the 8, but with the win denied against the Swans by an AFL-sanctioned utensil-up we’re not getting a live game in the final round, and the result (win, lose or draw) tells us nothing about how it might have played out under that alternative scenario. It doesn’t matter a stuff if the Crows lose to West Coast now, and that fact alone might change how the game plays out (and if we’re smart like Geelong and don‘t risk key players in a dead-rubber we move even further away from this equivalency argument).

And with finals gone there are far more tangible benefits in losing to the Eagles - pick 6 in the national draft being the most obvious. The Crow-haters will hate on us regardless. Put the external noise aside and do what’s best for the club going forward. Rest at least half a dozen of our better players. Don‘t risk Tex doing a ACL. Or Rankine re-injuring his hamstring. Shore up pick 6, start the pre-season fit, and consign 2023 to the bin. The sugar-hit we’d get from beating the worst Eagles side in history won’t sustain us for more than a minute after the siren goes in any case.
Yeah and we will get pinged for tanking just to get pick 6.

He made it sound like the injury was the only reason for Sloane missing. I can't stand him bullshitting how important Sloane is. It makes me sick.
Do you want me to quote the exact words of the one sentence devoted to Sloane (and McAdam).

There is endless stuff to complain about re Nicks/Sloane but you find it necessary to make up shit. Was it the tilt of Nick’s head? The fact he had a hint of a smile on his face(he always has a hint of a smile on his face)?

You really put the brazillian in the term Nutjob.

Do you want me to quote the exact words of the one sentence devoted to Sloane (and McAdam).

There is endless stuff to complain about re Nicks/Sloane but you find it necessary to make up s**t. Was it the tilt of Nick’s head? The fact he had a hint of a smile on his face(he always has a hint of a smile on his face)?

You really put the brazillian in the term Nutjob.
When we see a REAL expert like this guy giving us a REAL inside view of what Nicks is really thinking via his body language cues and other such wizardry, then we will have some REAL facts to go on...

690-allan-pease-showart.jpg

I hope the players have a point to prove and belt up WCE. Tex kick 12 plus.

Then Melbourne/Carlton win. Make all the angst this week more meaningful.

Our rightfull place in Finals was stolen by an incompetent goal umpire.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't believe there's people who would rather win a completely meaningless game against a bottom 2 side than getting a higher draft pick.

Yet these same people will go on about how our list isn't good enough and we need more talent.

I can't believe there's people who would rather win a completely meaningless game against a bottom 2 side than getting a higher draft pick.

Yet these same people will go on about how our list isn't good enough and we need more talent.
Welcome to the internet!

The water is warm... or freezing cold.... or boiling hot!

You know what, water temperature is a spectrum, lets stop trying to fit it into convenient labels people

I expect the players will be even flatter than we are
Speaking of which, Im not sure if anyone has posted this before so apologies, but congratulations to the Crows players post game for demonstrating good sportsmanship in congratulating the Sydney players on their win.:thumbsu:

Would have been easy to have been pissed off with everyone, but credit to our players for acknowledging the opposition in their win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing. Dowling has something. Would be good to give a game to see the next level.
i dont think he is quite ready DJ75. He needs to work on his short kicking over the break and on his tank and frame. He is a possible addition to our mids next year if he can keep his level of improvement going.

Seriously, unless you are in the top (bottom) 5, does it really matter? We've had a dud at 6 before. Let's not sacrifice our players enthusiasm and will to win for the sake of an unknown. We need to win away. We need to finish on a high and make them hungrier. How awesome would it be to get Tex a coleman!

i dont think he is quite ready DJ75. He needs to work on his short kicking over the break and on his tank and frame. He is a possible addition to our mids next year if he can keep his level of improvement going.
I get that he might not be, but the experience he will get from travelling with the group, playing away from home, seeing the speed, feeling the physical presence etc... will be incredibly valuable for him. To go into the off season and then preseason with the knowledge of what he needs to do and what level he needs to get to, could be a huge acceleration in his development.

Would be exciting to see a few changes, but I've resigned myself to the predictable:
Gollant for McAdam
Hately or Sholl for Sloane

Would be exciting to see a few changes, but I've resigned myself to the predictable:
Gollant for McAdam
Hately or Sholl for Sloane
As you have mentioned Gollant for Macadam, I think Peds comes in for Sloane and I would hope that Nank comes in as well, but it will probably be as the sub.

Speaking of which, Im not sure if anyone has posted this before so apologies, but congratulations to the Crows players post game for demonstrating good sportsmanship in congratulating the Sydney players on their win.:thumbsu:

Would have been easy to have been pissed off with everyone, but credit to our players for acknowledging the opposition in their win.
agreed. and what about the close up of the Sydney rucks face. Clearly knew it was a goal

Last edited:
Seriously, unless you are in the top (bottom) 5, does it really matter? We've had a dud at 6 before. Let's not sacrifice our players enthusiasm and will to win for the sake of an unknown. We need to win away. We need to finish on a high and make them hungrier. How awesome would it be to get Tex a coleman!

By 'resting' a dozen or so players and playing the SANFL team would not sacrifce enthusiam.

I think the exact opposite would apply, these guys would be jumping out of their skin for another game of AFL = very enthusiastic.

Where as going in unchanged again (injuires excluded) = unenthisiastic, flat from last weekend.

A dozen changes = A big FU to the AFL

Pick 6 is better than pick 9.

I don't think Keays would have!
The more I think about this, I would have supported them not congratulating them because of the blatant gamesmanship involved in hitting the post and then all Swans players in the vicinity signalling "hit the post" to the ump, while Murphy was the only honest soul celebrating the goal in the square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back