2nds Crows in the SANFL Semi Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Good player only thing that may count against him is size
People on here are talking about taking Kennedy, now I think hes too small for AFL but Amato appears to look bigger build wise. I guess for both guys its a case of if youre good enough youre big enough.

Was actually thinking a good comparison for Johnston may be Jericho... Unfortunately. Has skills, but just doesn't have the stuff to bring it to AFL. Destined to be a great SANFL forward. Hope Im wrong.

Johnston looks a good lead up player with good hands and an accurate kick at goal. Doesn't look like he really has fight for the ball once it gets to the ground. Not a lot of desperation, or it just doesnt appear so. Knows how to kick goals so good to persist with.

Maybe he should speak with Warren Tredrea then chuck some tape on his hand and write a message on it.

Just on Jericoh he looks even lazier but almost overweight.

Crouch seemed to be outside the contest watching a lot all game. Just couldnt get into it. Looks like he needs a lot more fitness to make more contests. Didn't impress today.

Laird looked pretty good. A real footballer with classy skills.

Brown was super efficient. Probably close to the bests. Never wasted a disposal. Good down back.

Just on Jericoh he looks even lazier but almost overweight.

Crouch seemed to be outside the contest watching a lot all game. Just couldnt get into it. Looks like he needs a lot more fitness to make more contests. Didn't impress today.

Laird looked pretty good. A real footballer with classy skills.

Brown was super efficient. Probably close to the bests. Never wasted a disposal. Good down back.
It may have been a tactical instruction? Certainly seems like a different story to what he has produced throughout the year...

I thought Schmidt was easily West's best.
Laird fairly good. Good quick reflex handball, a bit like the other Rory.
Crouch only Ok today. I am sure these last two will only develop further. Unfortunately Schmidt has had his chance.

Brown was very good. Seemed to have time and composure with his disposal. Didn't burn much at all. One of the best games I have seem from him. I have renewed confidence.
Aish maybe worth a look. I thought he was probably Norwood's best today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Schmidt was easily West's best.
Laird fairly good. Good quick reflex handball, a bit like the other Rory.
Crouch only Ok today. I am sure these last two will only develop further. Unfortunately Schmidt has had his chance.

Brown was very good. Seemed to have time and composure with his disposal. Didn't burn much at all. One of the best games I have seem from him. I have renewed confidence.
Aish maybe worth a look. I thought he was probably Norwood's best today.
Lol. We won't get anywhere near picking him, likely top 5 (probable top 3) pick next year. Gun.

My first SANFL game in a while.

Schmidt was easily the best for Wests, Crouch ran around a lot but was generally ineffective, missed a pretty easy shot at goal too.

Brown was pretty good off a HBF for the Legs. Rory Laird did some good things too, some good aggression at the ball and clean with his hands. Aish was best on hands down, he cut the Westies midfield to ribbons.

Joel Tippett was pretty awful. Granted he was torched by his midfield, but he looked SANFL vanilla. Can't see why an AFL team would draft him.

Laird looked great again. I really like the kid, has really played well this year and will get upgraded to the senior list, if he doesnt I have heard Port will offer him a spot. Crouch as someone else said was just sitting of the packs looking for some ball on the outside. Not the way he played last week. Possibly told to play that way? Brown was really good and showed some good rebound run.
I think It might be worth a punt on the J Tippett. He is a big boy and has come along way since joining the SANFL. Could be a decent HFB in a few years.

I would assume it's personal opinion.

On LJ, I would suggest the only thing keeping him out of the side right now is his size. Well, that and our structure, when you consider Lynch and Jenkins have had trouble getting into the side despite some good showings. But LJ is just a touch too small in the body for the kind of role he's playing at SANFL level.

If he can bulk up over the summer he's half a chance to come in, particularly if Tippett does end up leaving.

Where did you get that rating from?

Yes it's personal opinion. He was very young when we rookied him last year and If he were born 2 days later he'd be in this years draft. I think he'd be pretty high in the order considering his performances against men, and in my view he's been better than some of the players rated in the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back