2nds Crows in SANFL season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I love how the SANFL in a desperate last stand to still get more money out of Adelaide & Port are trying to line some coffers of the destitute SANFL clubs by hoping/relying on a incoming need for the SA AFL clubs to want their reserves teams to be more competitive like their VFL counterparts.

If I’m not mistaken going by those new stipulations Wright can only be Adelaide’s SANFL captain after we pay North Adelaide a $25,000 release for his services due to him being their player prior to his AFL drafting.

If this is the case it honestly is highway robbery from this amateur competition
Yep thats right. If our leadership layer was drafted from an SANFL club before drafted a $25,000 transfer fee is required

• Match payments at a maximum of $400 per League match.
  • An upfront/base payment maximum (per individual) of $4,000.
  • Total upfront/base payments (collective) of not more than $20,000.
  • In addition, the Leadership Player can only be paid a maximum upfront/ base payment of $20,000 and match payments of $500 per match. If the player was drafted from a SANFL Club prior to his AFL listing, there will also be a transfer fee payable to the SANFL Club in the sum of $25,000, as is the case if the player were to play for any other SANFL Club.

If I’m not mistaken going by those new stipulations Wright can only be Adelaide’s SANFL captain after we pay North Adelaide a $25,000 release for his services due to him being their player prior to his AFL drafting.

If this is the case it honestly is highway robbery from this amateur competition

Since North Adelaide would have already received a transfer fee for Wright when he was drafted, we don’t have to pay anything.

His playing rights are linked to Carlton but because they will delist him, he will basically become a non AFL free agent.

No transfer fees apply

• In addition, the Leadership Player can only be paid a maximum upfront/ base payment of $20,000 and match payments of $500 per match. If the player was drafted from a SANFL Club prior to his AFL listing, there will also be a transfer fee payable to the SANFL Club in the sum of $25,000, as is the case if the player were to play for any other SANFL Club.

The way I’m reading this...

Let’s use Mark Ricciuto or Andrew McLeod from way back in the day.

They play 300 games over 15 years. They retire and we signed one of them as out SANFL captain but we still have to pay West Adelaide or Port Adelaide Magpies that $20,000 even though they only played a handful of games.

It’s a crap rule if true.

Since North Adelaide would have already received a transfer fee for Wright when he was drafted, we don’t have to pay anything.

His playing rights are linked to Carlton but because they will delist him, he will basically become a non AFL free agent.

No transfer fees apply
SANFL clubs don’t receive transfer fees for players drafted, haven’t for years now.
SANFL clubs receive a development grant from the AFL whether they have 10 or no players picked up. Sturt had 7 players drafted last year and got the same amount as any other club.
Once an SANFL bred player is delisted by their AFL club and not picked up by another they are automatically aligned back to their SANFL club. If another SANFL club want to get that player they have to pay a transfer fee, normally $25k. Sturt had to pay this to Centrals for Colquhoun. This is how the comp works, I don’t see why it shouldn’t apply to both AFL Reserves teams.

SANFL clubs don’t receive transfer fees for players drafted, haven’t for years now.
SANFL clubs receive a development grant from the AFL whether they have 10 or no players picked up. Sturt had 7 players drafted last year and got the same amount as any other club.
Once an SANFL bred player is delisted by their AFL club and not picked up by another they are automatically aligned back to their SANFL club. If another SANFL club want to get that player they have to pay a transfer fee, normally $25k. Sturt had to pay this to Centrals for Colquhoun. This is how the comp works, I don’t see why it shouldn’t apply to both AFL Reserves teams.

WOW!!

Thanks for that. I had no idea about the grant.

Since the transfer fee doesn’t apply. I have no idea as to how the system works and if that how it works now, and applies to everyone. I can not see how or why anyone would have a problem with it.

Hypothetically 12 to 24 months when Wright is finished, I can see Richard Douglas doing this role. Does Glenelg get that fee?

WOW!!

Thanks for that. I had no idea about the grant.

Since the transfer fee doesn’t apply. I have no idea as to how the system works and if that how it works now, and applies to everyone. I can not see how or why anyone would have a problem with it.

Hypothetically 12 to 24 months when Wright is finished, I can see Richard Douglas doing this role. Does Glenelg get that fee?
No, because Douglas came to SA via the draft, he’s a Vic lad. Murphy and McIntyre would be two good cases of how non SA kids work in the SANFL/AFL system when it comes to the state league.
I’ve no idea how it would work for Murphy but I’d suggest under this new system Adelaide would deserve the transfer fee if he was delisted, not picked up by another AFL club and another SANFL club wanted him. AFC brought him to SA outside of the AFL draft, they got him here as a development player outside of the SANFL junior pathways.

Sturt brought Tim McIntyre to SA outside of the SANFL junior system therefore in the SANFL he his a Sturt player. He was rookie listed by Adelaide in the draft and then delisted, Centrals wanted him so they pay Sturt the transfer fee.

I love how the SANFL in a desperate last stand to still get more money out of Adelaide & Port are trying to line some coffers of the destitute SANFL clubs by hoping/relying on a incoming need for the SA AFL clubs to want their reserves teams to be more competitive like their VFL counterparts.

I think I posted in August that Port were losing their Reserves team. I work with a guy who's son was playing in that team and the players knew midway through the season there would be no team in 2019.

My work mate also told me they were also told both us and the Power will be in either the VFL or an AFL Reserves comp by 2021. We could be in it in 2020, but Port want to be in the SANFL for the 150 years celebration.

I feel we will both move together in 2021.

Seems the SANFL are trying to milk the last drops of non SMA sourced revenue from us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maximum of 10 players is interesting... fairly sure we had a few games this year where we required more than 10 just to make up the numbers.
That tweet(?) posted by WW makes a distinction between 10 contracted supplementary list player and other supplementary list players so there's not a limit on how many supplementary players we can use if needed.

So Port have just announce their list of top ups. With Sutcliffe as their captain. I may be wrong but isnt the rules 10 contracted players. My count below is 14. Port cheating already.

Cam Sutcliffe – Age: 26
Matt Appleton – Age: 25
Dallas Hill – Age: 25
Tom Corcoran – Age: 23
Mitchell Mead – Age: 19
Sam Davidson – Age: 19
Simon Wong – Age: 24
Jack Strange – Age: 20
Jack Elsworthy – Age: 22
Ben Edwards – Age: 23
Mony Makoi – Age: 22
Adam Mahney – Age: 21
Levi Proude – Age: 22
Lachlan Smith – Age: 20

So Port have just announce their list of top ups. With Sutcliffe as their captain. I may be wrong but isnt the rules 10 contracted players. My count below is 14. Port cheating already.

Cam Sutcliffe – Age: 26
Matt Appleton – Age: 25
Dallas Hill – Age: 25
Tom Corcoran – Age: 23
Mitchell Mead – Age: 19
Sam Davidson – Age: 19
Simon Wong – Age: 24
Jack Strange – Age: 20
Jack Elsworthy – Age: 22
Ben Edwards – Age: 23
Mony Makoi – Age: 22
Adam Mahney – Age: 21
Levi Proude – Age: 22
Lachlan Smith – Age: 20
Or maybe 4 of them arnt contracted players but listed players as part of the supp list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if these games would count towards any potential father-son games limit?
I’m not fussed if they do.
Not for AFL .....too many games required, plus IIRC that period of SANFL qualification has now finished ....so it's just AFL games now to qualify

No, because Douglas came to SA via the draft, he’s a Vic lad. Murphy and McIntyre would be two good cases of how non SA kids work in the SANFL/AFL system when it comes to the state league.
I’ve no idea how it would work for Murphy but I’d suggest under this new system Adelaide would deserve the transfer fee if he was delisted, not picked up by another AFL club and another SANFL club wanted him. AFC brought him to SA outside of the AFL draft, they got him here as a development player outside of the SANFL junior pathways.

Sturt brought Tim McIntyre to SA outside of the SANFL junior system therefore in the SANFL he his a Sturt player. He was rookie listed by Adelaide in the draft and then delisted, Centrals wanted him so they pay Sturt the transfer fee.
What about for Troy Menzel then?

On our list, delisted, now going to Centrals. Do Centrals pay us?

I have just heard from Zac Milbank. Only 10 of the 14 players Port have announced are contracted. The other 4 will receive match payments but spend the majority of the time with their community clubs.

I have just heard from Zac Milbank. Only 10 of the 14 players Port have announced are contracted. The other 4 will receive match payments but spend the majority of the time with their community clubs.
Pretty much like us then.

We only pay our top ups when they play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back