Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
early tips for ya big-footy-fan-07

Flag - Can't go past West Gambier again, North Gambier should be pushing though.

League B & F - Justin McConnell (NG), Daniel McGinlay (IMPS) or Luke Davey (WG).

Spoon - Heywood for sure, which is really sad, as they really did do everything to change the culture at the club...Well done for trying so hard Lions committee.

Biggest slider - South Gambier, their run is over....for now.

Biggest improver - Hamilton, Imperials...

Heywood would appear to be fighting a losing battle to stay in the WBFL. Hope they don't end up like Mortlake.

Be advised - better to survive and prosper in a lower league than have no club at all.

i think your on the money there. but if heywood did go back to the district league that would surely spell the end of the western boarder would it not? with the hamilton sides pushing to go to hampden in previous years. would be interesting so see what the vcfl would do.

Heywood would appear to be fighting a losing battle to stay in the WBFL. Hope they don't end up like Mortlake.

Be advised - better to survive and prosper in a lower league than have no club at all.

it could all be too late to even do that.
word is that there wont be enough players to go close to fielding two senior teams. there is enough under 18 players but they will have to play seniors just to get close to a team.
players are leaving left and right and it doesnt look promising.
even if heywood went to the sw league or warrnambool district they are no certainty to get the players that have left already because they will have established themselves in another club.
It will be interesting to see what the wb does if they dont have enough players.
what are the thoughts on if the lions have to pull out of the reserves or something?
have they named a senior coach yet?
if not there is no way known a coach worth his salt would touch this situation. Not saying heywood is a bad club or anything, but they would be walking into a no win situation.

as for early predictions

flag west gambier
league bnf justin mcconnell
spoon heywood
biggest slider from 2010 south from all reports
biggest improver hamilton

adding to the heywood situation. if they were to decide to move to another league after 2011 what would that mean for the wb competition?
the league apparently has a lot of deals that stipulate that there must be 10 teams in it.
would they try and get another team in?
negotiate these deals to reflect 9 teams?
would it prompt the vcfl to a restructure?
If so it would surely mean the end of the cross border competition.

Hopefully Heywood are able to pull something out and stay afloat. Whether in the Western Border or SWD League. Be interesting to see just what happens if they were to leave the Western Border.... which I hope they dont.

As for predictions, I will stick well clear of them until the clearances start coming and and are approved.

For example, the Border Watch had me convinced that Tyson Ploenges was returning to West from Kongorong.. a good pick up. However just looked at the WBFL website and Ploenges has a clearance pending to go to Hamilton.

i think your on the money there. but if heywood did go back to the district league that would surely spell the end of the western boarder would it not? with the hamilton sides pushing to go to hampden in previous years. would be interesting so see what the vcfl would do.

I think it would probably be the beginning of the end of the WBFL.

ONE Hamilton team (Hamilton Bulldogs?) plus Portland could come into the Hampden League.

SA Sides slide back into an adjusted Mid South East League.

Heywood and unfortunately Casterton back into South West. Probably means Sanford & Casterton merge but it's better than the alternative. Casterton is isolated from a VCFL Major league point of view but probably going to suffer the same fete as Heywood in a few years.

At the end of the day it's about sustainability.

I would have much preferred that Mortlake still have a stand alone footy club in the WDFL or MDFL rather than just be tacked on with the town now having fragmented allegiances to up to four sides.

it could all be too late to even do that.
word is that there wont be enough players to go close to fielding two senior teams. there is enough under 18 players but they will have to play seniors just to get close to a team.
players are leaving left and right and it doesnt look promising.
even if heywood went to the sw league or warrnambool district they are no certainty to get the players that have left already because they will have established themselves in another club.
It will be interesting to see what the wb does if they dont have enough players.
what are the thoughts on if the lions have to pull out of the reserves or something?
have they named a senior coach yet?
if not there is no way known a coach worth his salt would touch this situation. Not saying heywood is a bad club or anything, but they would be walking into a no win situation.

This is sounding so similar to Mortlake that it's not funny.

Hopefully Heywood are able to pull something out and stay afloat. Whether in the Western Border or SWD League. Be interesting to see just what happens if they were to leave the Western Border.... which I hope they dont.

As for predictions, I will stick well clear of them until the clearances start coming and and are approved.

For example, the Border Watch had me convinced that Tyson Ploenges was returning to West from Kongorong.. a good pick up. However just looked at the WBFL website and Ploenges has a clearance pending to go to Hamilton.

Can gaurantee Tyson Plonges will be at West in 2011, initially signed with hamilton, and pulled out the next day. Just Grant Russel trying to lure players in with money.

Flag - West Gambier

B&F - Out of 2 ex Glenelg team mates - McConell or Holmes

Wooden Spoon - Heywood

Slider - Millicent & South

Improver - Imperials

Can gaurantee Tyson Plonges will be at West in 2011, initially signed with hamilton, and pulled out the next day. Just Grant Russel trying to lure players in with money.

Flag - West Gambier

B&F - Out of 2 ex Glenelg team mates - McConell or Holmes

Wooden Spoon - Heywood

Slider - Millicent & South

Improver - Imperials

Yeah I have a good relaible source who also said Tyson would be at West so was a bit shocked when I saw the Transfer pending to Hamilton. But if he has signed can he get out of it?

Yeah I have a good relaible source who also said Tyson would be at West so was a bit shocked when I saw the Transfer pending to Hamilton. But if he has signed can he get out of it?

I'm pretty sure he has signed some paperwork which will cancel his clearance from Kongorong to Hamilton, and i guess within the next few days you will see one to West. Looking so far on clearances West performance as a club onfield looks like it could be a lot more consistant and could be pushing for finals in all grades with already a number of south players and mid south east putting in for a clearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure he has signed some paperwork which will cancel his clearance from Kongorong to Hamilton, and i guess within the next few days you will see one to West. Looking so far on clearances West performance as a club onfield looks like it could be a lot more consistant and could be pushing for finals in all grades with already a number of south players and mid south east putting in for a clearance.

Well I hope he gets to where he wonts to go. Always dangerous to sign anything when your not sure.

Possibly for West, but I have to confess to not hearing of any of the guys they might get from South.

Sutherland I think I have heard of and if he is who I am thinking of he might go Ok, and Weaver might do well.

Well I hope he gets to where he wonts to go. Always dangerous to sign anything when your not sure.

Possibly for West, but I have to confess to not hearing of any of the guys they might get from South.

Sutherland I think I have heard of and if he is who I am thinking of he might go Ok, and Weaver might do well.

I Was talking performance as a club they should get stronger. Players from south are only 18's and b grade players. Have heard a rumor that Shane Keegan will be coach of heywood. Any truth in this?

I Was talking performance as a club they should get stronger. Players from south are only 18's and b grade players. Have heard a rumor that Shane Keegan will be coach of heywood. Any truth in this?

have heard the same rumour rig, interesting one as they were advertising for a playing coach. not real sure keegan would be able to offer as much as he did when he coached heywood a few years back. he would have to be pushin into the late 30's now??

paper reported that Mick ryan has gone to another league, some slipping further into trouble. report of 16 at last night training not good.

see imps have a few name trying to transfer to them, my source tell millicent have done quite well in recruiting, keeping it very quite.

still all will be revealed when season starts:footy:

Plonges will play for West this year but the lad did sign for Hamilton and recieved a substantial sign on fee and which someone from West repaid to Hamilton. Brett Sutherland a good player did play for East before going to Konorong needs to get fit and Tory Weavers from Glencoe saw him play a few games in the MSE last year in my opinion will struggle to make WB as does not like training that much and does not chase or apply pressure.

Plonges will play for West this year but the lad did sign for Hamilton and recieved a substantial sign on fee and which someone from West repaid to Hamilton. Brett Sutherland a good player did play for East before going to Konorong needs to get fit and Tory Weavers from Glencoe saw him play a few games in the MSE last year in my opinion will struggle to make WB as does not like training that much and does not chase or apply pressure.

Think you may need to get the facts right about young ploenges, he actually didnt except any sign on fee, and pulled out the next day making contact with Hamilton. Do agree with Brett Sutherland, he is a good player, but from what i have seen, has a long way to go fitness wise. In my opinion i think Tory Weaver will slot in very well for West and stepping upto a stronger league will be better off and he will play more consistent hard football under Ransom. Also see in the clearance list to West Daniel Richardson. Previously played at Glenelg and East could be a very handy pick up for them but think he has had a few years of footy?? What does everyone think with Heywood announcing Keegan as there coach. Has a lot of work ahead of him, have heard good and bad things about him when he previously coached there!!

Think you may need to get the facts right about young ploenges, he actually didnt except any sign on fee, and pulled out the next day making contact with Hamilton. Do agree with Brett Sutherland, he is a good player, but from what i have seen, has a long way to go fitness wise. In my opinion i think Tory Weaver will slot in very well for West and stepping upto a stronger league will be better off and he will play more consistent hard football under Ransom. Also see in the clearance list to West Daniel Richardson. Previously played at Glenelg and East could be a very handy pick up for them but think he has had a few years of footy?? What does everyone think with Heywood announcing Keegan as there coach. Has a lot of work ahead of him, have heard good and bad things about him when he previously coached there!![/quote]

Care to elaborate on what you've heard?

Not sure if that was a response to me, wonker, but I was asking him to elaborate on Keegan, as the italicised section of the quote would indicate.

He was responding to the person that said Plonges took payment from Hamilton. I thought that could be pretty clear seeing as he said tyson did not take payment in the post.

paper reported that Mick ryan has gone to another league, some slipping further into trouble. report of 16 at last night training not good.

see imps have a few name trying to transfer to them, my source tell millicent have done quite well in recruiting, keeping it very quite.

still all will be revealed when season starts:footy:

No truth too this Millicent has recruited a few kids at best, will be relying on the same team as last year to get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back