Limestone Coast FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that the LCFL will have under 14.5 and under 17.5. Previously it was 14s, 16s and 18s, due to the change there's now Mount clubs with two sides in each grade.
How do people feel about this? In the two comps, South and West have 4 sides, North have 3 sides whilst the rest have 2.
Is this good for footy in the Mount? Should they be going to Mid SE clubs?
Just curious as to what people think, at least it looks like they have good numbers

a lot of signs pointing to mt burr

I see that the LCFL will have under 14.5 and under 17.5. Previously it was 14s, 16s and 18s, due to the change there's now Mount clubs with two sides in each grade.
How do people feel about this? In the two comps, South and West have 4 sides, North have 3 sides whilst the rest have 2.
Just curious as to what people think, at least it looks like they have good numbers
Good numbers indeed. Is this good...anytime kids are playing it has to be good :think:, right? It does highlight the fact that Mt Gambier is far & away the biggest population centre in that area. I'd just about bet some Mount kids are already playing in MidSE teams ... some of the towns with MidSE teams are quite tiny. Where would they be getting their players from?

Clubs stockpiling kids is not good.

All the reshuffling won't see the standard of football in this region improving at all imo. The standard of football is what gets people to the grounds.
Football in this region has been mismanaged for decades and will never improve.

All the reshuffling won't see the standard of football in this region improving at all imo. The standard of football is what gets people to the grounds.
Football in this region has been mismanaged for decades and will never improve.
I see it up close and personal every week across a major and a minor league adjacent to the WB - you aren’t the Lone Ranger - community sport is struggling and has everything to do with the junior system which has reduced coaching and focus on skills and basics and replaced them with 100’s of Mickey Mouse games that count for zero

Last edited:
I see it up close and personal every week across a major and a minor league adjacent to the WB - you aren’t the Lone Ranger - community sport is struggling and has everything to do with the junior system which has reduced coaching and focus on skills and basics and replaced them with 100’s of Mickey Mouse games that count for zero
yeh the clubs don't even count juinor games no finals or anything either

If Mt Gambier doesn’t cater for its junior population then you’ll lose kids to other sports. Soccer has always been strong in the Mount due to its multi cultural background from the 50s.
Half arsed parents with no connection to mdse clubs are not going to travel
Also I heard it was done in good faith so Penola juniors wouldn’t get smashed each week.
The pay off for the MDSE will be numbers in the senior grades hopefully.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is another crack at Hamilton and Portland on the back of the news of Penola's transfer and potentially another club announced soon.

The two HFNL clubs may re-think their stance if they see that they will be part of a comp with as many as 10 clubs.

The only other possible Hampden club geographically is Port Fairy but I'd be stunned if they moved to the LCFNL.

Warrnambool district struggling? juniors?
I thought they have a lot of clubs
5 Major League Clubs drawing out of Warrnambool + effectively another 8 District League Clubs all requiring 3 levels of juniors.

Two clubs have already fallen over at District level in the last 5-10 years, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out they won’t be the last.

It’s not a popular view but elongated junior sport is effectively killing senior cricket and footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back