Not open for further replies.

Rupert1049

Draftee
Aug 13, 2008
Top End
AFL Club
Collingwood
[BIG NEWS OUT OF CASTERTON

casterton has merged with sandford to become one the new club has still to decide which league they will head into or which players will stay and which will go

Mate, more info please - how did you find out, how long have they been talking etc. I agree with Neutral Spectator, I think you might be telling fibs.

Grant Ewing is a huge signing for Penshurst. He'll kick 100 goals from the centre in the Mininera league. I did hear a rumour that the club didn't consult the players on the move to Hampden and they are pissed off. Looking at the list of names who have left Imps, could this be true?? Mind you, there were rumours this time last year that most of these players were leaving Imps and it didn't eventuate.

For the uneducated, who are Dick, Boof, Little Baz, Speedo, Goat and NS?

What's the news out of Millicent and Heywood?

Re: Western Border Football League

Mate, more info please - how did you find out, how long have they been talking etc. I agree with Neutral Spectator, I think you might be telling fibs.

Grant Ewing is a huge signing for Penshurst. He'll kick 100 goals from the centre in the Mininera league. I did hear a rumour that the club didn't consult the players on the move to Hampden and they are pissed off. Looking at the list of names who have left Imps, could this be true?? Mind you, there were rumours this time last year that most of these players were leaving Imps and it didn't eventuate.

Well the nick names - where do I start..... Dick (Marchant), Boof (Darren Ewing, Grant's 21 yo bro, is a gun!), Little Baz (C. Eales), Speedo (J. Speed), Goat (S. Ewing... gun!), NS... that's a secret at this stage.

Imps have also lost Uebergang, White, Falkenberg and Neeson to Glenthompson-Dunkeld...

It's interesting viewing from the outside looking in.

no news yet to come out of heywood that i no of.

I see the Imps boys aren't too happy about the VCFL Appeal to move to Hampden. In the Warrnambool Standard they weren't very confident they'll get the VCFL approval they need and had a bit to say about the VCFL too.

Both hamilton sides seem to be losing a few, any reason in particular?
White, ubergang, neeson all handy players keen to jump. Also heard a few others might follow like young ferguson, brewer and co. any news on that? When's the approval/decline of the imps jump to hampden?

Both hamilton sides seem to be losing a few, any reason in particular?
White, ubergang, neeson all handy players keen to jump. Also heard a few others might follow like young ferguson, brewer and co. any news on that? When's the approval/decline of the imps jump to hampden?

Picked this out of todays Warrnambool Standard:

Imperials appeal fails

BY PETER FLETCHER

18/11/2008 1:00:00 AM
THE Victorian Country Football Football League board will today announce it has dismissed an appeal by Hamilton Imperials to join the Hampden Football Netball League.

HFNL president Alan Rourke told the league's annual meeting in Port Fairy last night it had been unsuccessful in securing Imperials for the 2009 season.

Rourke told executive members and club delegates the VCFL had informed general manager Michael Harrison about 5pm the Imperials appeal was unsuccessful.

Imps challenged the Western Border Football League's refusal of its clearance request at a VCFL board hearing on Friday in Ballarat.

Representatives of Hamilton Imperials, the WBFL and HFNL appeared before the VCFL board to enlarge on written submissions supporting their cases.

After the hearing Rourke pre-empted the likely outcome by saying the VCFL directors brought a closed mind to the hearing.

"To be perfectly honest I don't like our chances at all," he said.

A copy of the VCFL board's decision, obtained by The Standard, confirmed his fears.

"The VCFL board found that there was insufficient evidence to overturn the decision of the Western Border FL and as such the appeal by the HIFNC is dismissed and the club will remain in the WBFL," it ruled.

Among the key reasons given for its decision were:

- The HIFNC failed to provide any business plan, including financial projections, relating to their proposed entry to the HFNL, along with insufficient financial information pertaining to the 2008 football financial year.

- The VCFL board held serious concerns (on the basis of evidence submitted and presented) about the HIFNC's ability to be financially competitive with the HFNL clubs.

- The board could not find sufficient overall reasons to weaken one league (WBFL) to allow another league (HFNL) to become stronger.

Rourke last night described Friday's appeal hearing as virtually a waste of time "because we believe the decision was made before we got there".

He said neither the HFNL or Hamilton Imperials were given the opportunity to elaborate on their submissions or sum up.

"Imps are very savage on the way they were treated," he said. "We'll wait and see what they want to do before taking any further action."
It was the fourth unsuccessful appeal by Hamilton Imperials in 18 years to cross from the WBFL to the HFNL.

Well the nick names - where do I start..... Dick (Marchant), Boof (Darren Ewing, Grant's 21 yo bro, is a gun!), Little Baz (C. Eales), Speedo (J. Speed), Goat (S. Ewing... gun!), NS... that's a secret at this stage.

Imps have also lost Uebergang, White, Falkenberg and Neeson to Glenthompson-Dunkeld...

It's interesting viewing from the outside looking in.

I think you can forget the NS secret now Neutral.......he has rammed the bombers approach!

Brad White leaving Imps is a blessing in disguise for the club. Word on the street is he wasn't that popular with the other players and officials. He's manage to convince a battling minor league club to pay him some coin for his services- not sure how they got sucked in though??

They should have asked Imperials' coaching panel from 2008 for a reference before the signed him. Apparently he's written to a few clubs offering to play for money?? Some clubs wrote back saying they would pay him to stay away...

Brad White leaving Imps is a blessing in disguise for the club. Word on the street is he wasn't that popular with the other players and officials. He's manage to convince a battling minor league club to pay him some coin for his services- not sure how they got sucked in though??

They should have asked Imperials' coaching panel from 2008 for a reference before the signed him. Apparently he's written to a few clubs offering to play for money?? Some clubs wrote back saying they would pay him to stay away...

Yeh and Chris Huggins paraded himself around like a mercenary three years back, training with about four clubs in as many weeks, before Penshurst succumbed to his asking price of $400 a week.

Word on the street about Huggins..............ah forget it!!

And how long did he hang around Penshurst for??

Your'e talking rubbish straight away because Huggins hasn't trained 4 times in the last 3 years- let alone with 4 clubs in one pre-season.

I can guarantee he wasn't on $400 a match... he did kick 70-odd goals both seasons he played with Penshurst though. Brad White will be lucky to get 70 kicks for the season? And if White played on Huggins I know who would come out on top.. the Pig and by plenty?? Don't think White would have the aggots to play on him??

Runner-up in SWDFL medal playing with Branxholme and Coleraine
Twice kicked a hundred goals playing for Imps in reserves
Premiership player with Imperials -2007

Your'e talking rubbish straight away because Huggins hasn't trained 4 times in the last 3 years- let alone with 4 clubs in one pre-season.

I can guarantee he wasn't on $400 a match... he did kick 70-odd goals both seasons he played with Penshurst though. Brad White will be lucky to get 70 kicks for the season? And if White played on Huggins I know who would come out on top.. the Pig and by plenty?? Don't think White would have the aggots to play on him??

All of a sudden WBFL reserves is ok!

I was more talking the quality of person (as you tried to indicate about White).......and if your defending him as a person, well now we know a little more about you!

And considering Huggins had one year at Penshurst for 50 home and away goals & 3 in two finals isn't a lot to write home about.....not sure where you get your facts & figures from??

I might just add to this little debate .... I don't know Chris Huggins but saw him play at Penshurst and he is okay, only okay. Brad White is a quality player though and things just went a little pair-shaped this year for some reason or another.
Being from Penshurst you have probably only seen him play a couple of times.
For the record, Brad Falkenberg is a better player than both of them and he has the capability, if switched on, to kick 100 goals next season.

Brad White isn't a quality player. Things went pear shaped for him because his own teammates didn't like him and when he was required to get stuck in he went missing- hamstring at training late in the season??? Yeah right- he knew he was getting dropped...

Huggins is a good player- I never said he was a star. In a one on one I'd take him to beat White hands down every day of the week.

You're right about Falkenbeg, but unfortunately he's not switched on all that often...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad White isn't a quality player. Things went pear shaped for him because his own teammates didn't like him and when he was required to get stuck in he went missing- hamstring at training late in the season??? Yeah right- he knew he was getting dropped...

Huggins is a good player- I never said he was a star. In a one on one I'd take him to beat White hands down every day of the week.

You're right about Falkenbeg, but unfortunately he's not switched on all that often...

gee boys dont know where you are getting your information from about brad white, i know from a very good source that he would have been in imperials grand final team had he not smashed his collar bone. pretty sure there wasnt an issue with the playing group. he is\was a great club person.

probably need to lay off a bit!!!! he played 8 years of senior footy, he can play. you need to know the man before you can bag him!!!

lets give him a chance.

I'm telling you now Brad White wouldn't have been in Imperials' senior side for the grand final if he was fit- no chance at all?? he played in the first final against Hamilton, but was clearly out of his depth and was dropped for their next final against Portland. Played in the reserves where he broke his collar bone. The assistant coach didn't rate him so there's absolutely no way he would have played.... Plus he'd been dropped earlier in the season anyway and he was the captain. You don't drop your captain during a finals series. Maybe the people at Imps knew the man and that's why he was dropped and not many rated him...

If he's such a great clubman why is he jumping ship to play minor league football for a club he has no attachment too?? what is he anyway 24, 25 so if he's so good why isn't he staying at Imps.... and if Imps thought he was any good why aren't they knocking his door down trying to keep him.

I'm telling you now Brad White wouldn't have been in Imperials' senior side for the grand final if he was fit- no chance at all?? he played in the first final against Hamilton, but was clearly out of his depth and was dropped for their next final against Portland. Played in the reserves where he broke his collar bone. The assistant coach didn't rate him so there's absolutely no way he would have played.... Plus he'd been dropped earlier in the season anyway and he was the captain. You don't drop your captain during a finals series. Maybe the people at Imps knew the man and that's why he was dropped and not many rated him...

If he's such a great clubman why is he jumping ship to play minor league football for a club he has no attachment too?? what is he anyway 24, 25 so if he's so good why isn't he staying at Imps.... and if Imps thought he was any good why aren't they knocking his door down trying to keep him.

Could be he has decided to leave the kennel because while he was there he was playing, training and hanging out with the calibre of person who is ready to sink the boot in at the first opporunity, as observed recently in this chat forum. Don't know the guy personally, and not involved with either club, but gee he is copping a shellacking on here lately. I don't blame him for wanting to make some new mates!

Have heard whispers that Millicent have signed a couple of new players, one being the former SANFL Development Coordinator (name????), the other being a new assistant coach who has recently moved to Mount Gambier, with Mildura connections. Unfortunately I can't remember his name, will ask next time I talk to my mate. Anyone know any more about this??

Hey there Rupert,

That's true about Millicent - Tony Ellertson is the new player that was last year the SANFL's south east development officer.
Played some good footy when younger with the SANFL. He's 31 now, so will still have plenty to offer.
Troy Hosking is the other player and apparently he moved to the area with his partner as she is a Millicent girl.
He has played interleague in the Sunraysia League and is a genuine midfielder. Hope to see Millicent climb the rungs.

Also Brian Durbidge has joined Shep Swans in Goulburn Valley League and Adam Merrett has returned to Penola.

Bomber55 - It's about time you jumped off Brad White mate. It's all very well to have a crack at him, and continually for two weeks might I say, but If you're not going to reveal who you are it's a bit of a soft blow.
Obviously you don't like the lad, but there is no need to lay your personal discomfort for a player out the way you have.
The worst thing is, you've continued with the babble for far too long - you made your point the first time.
You say he was no good, well if that's the case, then moving to Glen-Dunk is obviously the right one wouldn't you say??
By the way he is only 23 and has been a regular senior player with Imps for the past four seasons and has achieved a lot more than most blokes his age at the club.
He had a bad season yes, but you can't say he hasnt been an asset over the past few years.
* I won't be adding any more to this debate - just give the fella a break

Bomber55 y dont u shut ur mouth about this Brad White, i dont know what he has done to u but stop bagging him. And if u think that big fat Huggins is any good u dont know to much about football u box head!

Bomber55 y dont u shut ur mouth about this Brad White, i dont know what he has done to u but stop bagging him. And if u think that big fat Huggins is any good u dont know to much about football u box head!

Ha! Couldn't agree more. Huggie has been a handy enough WB ressies player in his day, but these days he is a one trick pony who only gets as many goals as he does because of the high class Imps midfield in the ressies and the fact that he abuses anyone who doesn't pass him the ball, even if they have given it to a better option. Not a team player.
Anyone who gets fed the ball as well as he does should kick 10 every week, not only against the bottom battling sides. Tip to any ressies coaches for the coming season, put someone with a bit of body strength on him and get them to just hold front spot, he'll push you in the back time and again and crack em before the end of the first quarter.

Ha so umm how long since you've seen these two play? when they were 12? You stand the two beside eachother and kick a ball to them huggins will try fat arsing white out of the way and when that doesnt work he'll throw his arms up in the air and blame the kicker for not kicking it to him properly while white is running away with the ball..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back