Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the crows- you obviously didn't watch much western border footy this past season.

Brad White couldn't get the ball let along run away with it??

You muppet

Teams to watch - it's funny because a lot of quality players have moved on, but Portland is the favourite once again.
Casterton will lose Dylan Ryan, Tom McArlein and Julian Schill, West have lost Adam Merrett and other quality players, North has lost Brian Durbidge, Hamilton Ben Williams, Mark Watts, Simon Hatherell, Chris Eales, Imps - Grant Ewing, Glen Darroch etc.
At least half of the WBFL's Team of the Year is moving on. It's worrying signs. There is already question marks over the viability of the league.
If you ask anyone, it's getting worse.

VCFL, do something ... it's time for a revamp.
Ideal situation would be (I know this will upset people) -
WBFL gets scrapped and Hamilton and Imps merge.
Hampden League - Portland Tigers and Hamilton Bulldogs.
South West - Heywood Lions
Then ... Casterton could join the Mount Gambier teams and join the mid south eastern league in SA, or the Cats could go to the South West.

Radical I know, but football would be strengthened in the area and all teams would be competitive.
This would be the case because with Hamilton and Imps merging, there would be an extra 55-60 players available for the district clubs.
Common sense says do it, but who will put the notion forward?

Very well said an I agree but cant see it happening any time soon. Clubs will have to start falling over before the league an VCFL make any bold decisions!

totally agree. we need some direction from the area rep from vcfl. they have a grand plan for footy in south west but wont tell anybody.
he is puppet that moves to the strings being pulled in melb.
stand up and represent the south west or get out and let somebody else who will fight for this area!!!!

Teams to watch - it's funny because a lot of quality players have moved on, but Portland is the favourite once again.
Casterton will lose Dylan Ryan, Tom McArlein and Julian Schill, West have lost Adam Merrett and other quality players, North has lost Brian Durbidge, Hamilton Ben Williams, Mark Watts, Simon Hatherell, Chris Eales, Imps - Grant Ewing, Glen Darroch etc.
At least half of the WBFL's Team of the Year is moving on. It's worrying signs. There is already question marks over the viability of the league.
If you ask anyone, it's getting worse.

VCFL, do something ... it's time for a revamp.
Ideal situation would be (I know this will upset people) -
WBFL gets scrapped and Hamilton and Imps merge.
Hampden League - Portland Tigers and Hamilton Bulldogs.
South West - Heywood Lions
Then ... Casterton could join the Mount Gambier teams and join the mid south eastern league in SA, or the Cats could go to the South West.

Radical I know, but football would be strengthened in the area and all teams would be competitive.
This would be the case because with Hamilton and Imps merging, there would be an extra 55-60 players available for the district clubs.
Common sense says do it, but who will put the notion forward?

I think South will be a force in 2009. Had some good kids last year and obviously Copping is a good coach. No doubt Ryan, Salmon and Sims will play again to lead the old brigade. North will be better without without Durbridge, good player but must have a bit of an attitude problem. East should be thereabouts again, they just need something to get them to that next level.

Portland obviously the favourites again - no whispers about departures from there. Success creates success. Imps will be ok, losing a lot of players, but it happens every year at Imps. They have a good year and the minor clubs target them like nothing else. Whisper is a couple of big blokes heading that way, as there is a vacant spot as Assis Coach. They have a bit of a Darwin connection and Forsyth has played there before. Will be interesting to see how Hamilton go under Colin Riddle - a few leaving them as well, but have picked up at least one handy recruit from Horsham. Casterton and Heywood will be no better, relying on their good juniors, are always competitive until 1/2 or 3/4 time and then experience takes over - pity these clubs cannot hang onto their players.

Well there's my 2 bobs worth, anyone got any other news from around the traps or tips etc??

Any rumors who millicent have picked up and if they will be any good?????? Does anyone think they will be any good?? Everyone seems to mention everyone else. Just an observation........ From what i hear they have picked up a few players???? Any truth to them......

Again has any one heard when the season starts???

Any rumors who millicent have picked up and if they will be any good?????? Does anyone think they will be any good?? Everyone seems to mention everyone else. Just an observation........ From what i hear they have picked up a few players???? Any truth to them......

Again has any one heard when the season starts???

Sorry mate, didn't comment on Millicent as have heard nothing from there. If they do pick up a couple of handy recruits they will be more than competitive - they always push a lot of teams especially at home. WBFL AGM is on Monday night (I think), i reckon the draw will be dealt with then. Probably were waiting on the issue with Imps and Hampden.

Sorry mate, didn't comment on Millicent as have heard nothing from there. If they do pick up a couple of handy recruits they will be more than competitive - they always push a lot of teams especially at home. WBFL AGM is on Monday night (I think), i reckon the draw will be dealt with then. Probably were waiting on the issue with Imps and Hampden.

Cheers mate for that.... :thumbsu:...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior side as good as anyone else's unders mind you...

a senior side that has alot of players that have played under18 finals for the past few years. easy to kick the boots in to a struggling club.
take into account clubs like hamilton and imperials were in the same postion not too long ago.

a senior side that has alot of players that have played under18 finals for the past few years. easy to kick the boots in to a struggling club.
take into account clubs like hamilton and imperials were in the same postion not too long ago.

Difference is Imps and Hamilton have a history of success. Same cant be said for heywood
he wasnt sinking the boots in at all. just telling it like it is thats all

Tim Stringer, reigning medallist in MSEFL with Tant, has i believe signed with South Gambier. Should be very handy.

Johnathon Agnew ex captain of Mount Burr is playing for Millicent this year. Nathaniel Robbins has gone from Millicent out to Mount Burr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back