Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my spys tell me that south had 18-20 at training, thats not a good sign to start the year, some MDSE clubs have averaged 35 plus.

russel will bleed Hamilton dry, he did it with west AND BERRI

If only you knew!! I'm not one to chase success, i work hard to achieve it and i have achieved the ultimate. I've got the facts right mate, through south players, a lot of them whom are leaving. Maybe you should stop eating schnitzels and get on the track yourself.
The rig i am still on the track after 20 years of senior footy.
You have achieved the ultimate, what is that paying an admission fee into the ground each sat and sitting on the hill abusing players while your full of piss.You would be one of those old b grade back pocket battlers that used to train every week but got ommitted and retired when you were 20, then took up the kfc and vb cans and has now become an expert on the hill.You have probably convinced yourself you have become an 300 gamer A grade premiership player then you woak up with your hand planted on your member.You fool.

The rig i am still on the track after 20 years of senior footy.
You have achieved the ultimate, what is that paying an admission fee into the ground each sat and sitting on the hill abusing players while your full of piss.You would be one of those old b grade back pocket battlers that used to train every week but got ommitted and retired when you were 20, then took up the kfc and vb cans and has now become an expert on the hill.You have probably convinced yourself you have become an 300 gamer A grade premiership player then you woak up with your hand planted on your member.You fool.

Ok Rig and Snitz, we get it, you each think you've got a bigger donk than the other, now how about you two take it outside and let the rest of us think and talk about football? Why is it that everytime someone makes a point on these forums that someone else disagrees with it turns into a pissing contest about who's credentials are better? If you two were Leigh Mathews and Mick Malthouse none of us would care any more or less because you're operating under an alias, so you're opinions have to stand for themselves.

my spys tell me that south had 18-20 at training, thats not a good sign to start the year, some MDSE clubs have averaged 35 plus.

russel will bleed Hamilton dry, he did it with west AND BERRI

WillWonker you need to pack the binoculars away for the summer and stop stalking the football clubs during their pre-season.

Grant Russell probably only bled West dry because he was allowed to. Somehow I don't think he was the only one who was signing the cheques. Flying down 6 very AVERAGE recruits was an absolute disgrace. Those blokes wouldnt even get a game boundary umpiring the U12's on a sat morning. Surprised it didn't send the club broke.

no wonder you are called the freak, if you ever talk to the clubs he has coached at and you will find out how he bleed them dry. why dont you ask MR Picken why his boy went to Imperials. it was because he know russel is a fool. if it wasnt for alexander house they would be broke in 2 years.

it doesnt work paying big money to players, look at heywood, west casterton, they have done it and suffered. west finally got their act together by playing locals and look what happen.

south are in trouble, and for anyone to say not they are fools, noirth and east and millicent are quietly going about their business. so we will have to wait for the first bounce

mt gammbier 20/20 final tomorrow night, semis tonight

no wonder you are called the freak, if you ever talk to the clubs he has coached at and you will find out how he bleed them dry. why dont you ask MR Picken why his boy went to Imperials. it was because he know russel is a fool. if it wasnt for alexander house they would be broke in 2 years.

it doesnt work paying big money to players, look at heywood, west casterton, they have done it and suffered. west finally got their act together by playing locals and look what happen.

south are in trouble, and for anyone to say not they are fools, noirth and east and millicent are quietly going about their business. so we will have to wait for the first bounce

mt gammbier 20/20 final tomorrow night, semis tonight

Like :thumbsu:

Big signing by Casterton with them picking up recent retired Brad Vassal from Sturt in sanfl due to him expanding his own landscaping business; also he's mates with cats player Chris Perry.
He can play this fella, don't worry about that...and if he adjusts well to country footy, the cats are onto something. His credentials read well - Cy (maitland) cougers in the ypfl north of Adl, Norwood (sanfl), Modbury (div2 saafl - Adl) & Sturt (sanfl)

Last years finalists wouldnt want to rest on there laurels and think that the same list is gonna do it for ya this year, while there's window's of opportunity open those clubs will want too take it. As sides like Casterton, might just sneak up on those sides above !!

WillWonker you need to pack the binoculars away for the summer and stop stalking the football clubs during their pre-season.

Grant Russell probably only bled West dry because he was allowed to. Somehow I don't think he was the only one who was signing the cheques. Flying down 6 very AVERAGE recruits was an absolute disgrace. Those blokes wouldnt even get a game boundary umpiring the U12's on a sat morning. Surprised it didn't send the club broke.
Yes agree with you about the clubs signing the checks but are`nt Hamilton`s management doing the samething as I ahve heard they have recruited Arron Fiora and his cousin from Melbourne way to join his brother Scott and they also have recruited another 3 from Melbourne as well all flying or driving to Hamilton Friday nights and not training with the rest of group sounds familiar. I would just for once would like to see Russells history in developing a club with local players as Hamilton have a very good batch of young talent as did Berri but they left to play for other clubs under Russell as they were`nt given a chance to prove themselves. But good luck to Hamilton if they have the money and that`s the track they want to go down "all the best"

Yes agree with you about the clubs signing the checks but are`nt Hamilton`s management doing the samething as I ahve heard they have recruited Arron Fiora and his cousin from Melbourne way to join his brother Scott and they also have recruited another 3 from Melbourne as well all flying or driving to Hamilton Friday nights and not training with the rest of group sounds familiar. I would just for once would like to see Russells history in developing a club with local players as Hamilton have a very good batch of young talent as did Berri but they left to play for other clubs under Russell as they were`nt given a chance to prove themselves. But good luck to Hamilton if they have the money and that`s the track they want to go down "all the best"

In the past they would've, along w Imps & Portland they have a very good junior program - i'm unclear on the victorian magpies 3rds results while Russel has been there but under previous regimes over there they valued there promotion of thirds to seniors and beyond.
I wouldnt be surprised if there will be a push for the old regime of Ashley Crowe etc etc and the previous president to be the white knights if boof head Russel fails again this yr or sends them broke !?

Big signing by Casterton with them picking up recent retired Brad Vassal from Sturt in sanfl due to him expanding his own landscaping business; also he's mates with cats player Chris Perry.
He can play this fella, don't worry about that...and if he adjusts well to country footy, the cats are onto something. His credentials read well - Cy (maitland) cougers in the ypfl north of Adl, Norwood (sanfl), Modbury (div2 saafl - Adl) & Sturt (sanfl)

Last years finalists wouldnt want to rest on there laurels and think that the same list is gonna do it for ya this year, while there's window's of opportunity open those clubs will want too take it. As sides like Casterton, might just sneak up on those sides above !!

I dont think no team can take it easy, as last year it was all so close with the top 7 clubs could have made it. I think Casterton did have a good team, was just unlucky with injuries and avalability of players. I think it will be a tight season again, which is great for the league, and maybe we will get a look at all new players at the elastoplast cup, IF all teams field there strongest lineup, but not all clubs do, as they give younger players the opportunity at senior football.

In the past they would've, along w Imps & Portland they have a very good junior program - i'm unclear on the victorian magpies 3rds results while Russel has been there but under previous regimes over there they valued there promotion of thirds to seniors and beyond.
I wouldnt be surprised if there will be a push for the old regime of Ashley Crowe etc etc and the previous president to be the white knights if boof head Russel fails again this yr or sends them broke !?
Hamilton thirds played in the finals and finished third by memory, last year a number played up in the seniors. But this year there are number looking to go elsewhere and a couple are looking to play for Imps (that`s unheard of) because of the way Russell treated them and with the imports some have been told they will struggle to get a senior game. Maybe I am old fashion but I thought it would be better to suffer a little pain and develop a strong home grow team (As East are doing now) than a quick short term fix. And yes Hamilton don`t like failure and thats maybe why they are buy these players in.

Hamilton thirds played in the finals and finished third by memory, last year a number played up in the seniors. But this year there are number looking to go elsewhere and a couple are looking to play for Imps (that`s unheard of) because of the way Russell treated them and with the imports some have been told they will struggle to get a senior game. Maybe I am old fashion but I thought it would be better to suffer a little pain and develop a strong home grow team (As East are doing now) than a quick short term fix. And yes Hamilton don`t like failure and thats maybe why they are buy these players in.

Thats why Russel is a spud !!! yeah you have to go backwards to go fowards and east is a perfect example, too put millicent & west in the same categorie as east is a little premature but it depends how long those two can sustain success beit premierships and finals participants. I dont mind recruitment from outside your area, as long as your promoting your kids and bringing in these imports too supplement those kids, as well as fill the weakenesses. Not to just go out willy nilly and try and win a flag in one shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats why Russel is a spud !!! yeah you have to go backwards to go fowards and east is a perfect example, too put millicent & west in the same categorie as east is a little premature but it depends how long those two can sustain success beit premierships and finals participants. I dont mind recruitment from outside your area, as long as your promoting your kids and bringing in these imports too supplement those kids, as well as fill the weakenesses. Not to just go out willy nilly and try and win a flag in one shot.

Teams like Hamilton, Imps, Heywood, Cast have no choice but to pay big $ and bring in players. Realistically, why would anyone move to a Heywood or Cast if it wasn't for the $ to play footy.
Its easy to say Hamilton and Imps have the best juniors in the league and they should be playing them, but reality is they are only there at college until they are 17 or 18 and then they move to the big smoke.
Ask any supporter and i bet they would tell you they would rather celebrate a premiership from bringing in players, than wait 40 years for a premiership that may never come.

Teams like Hamilton, Imps, Heywood, Cast have no choice but to pay big $ and bring in players. Realistically, why would anyone move to a Heywood or Cast if it wasn't for the $ to play footy.
Its easy to say Hamilton and Imps have the best juniors in the league and they should be playing them, but reality is they are only there at college until they are 17 or 18 and then they move to the big smoke.
Ask any supporter and i bet they would tell you they would rather celebrate a premiership from bringing in players, than wait 40 years for a premiership that may never come.

I agree with you there, but it falls flat on there face when it doesnt turn out that way.

i dissagree that they all leave to the big smoke, we hear this alot but there are alot of juniors both sides of the boarder that have 1 or 2 good years as underage senior players then get poached out to district leagues. clubs like imps hamilton heywood need to work on keeping those types of players.

Good quality imports are good to have at a club. Not just good footballers, but quality people. The wrong type of person can do more harm than good. Also you need a good base of players who are already at the club. Something to build on.

i dissagree that they all leave to the big smoke, we hear this alot but there are alot of juniors both sides of the boarder that have 1 or 2 good years as underage senior players then get poached out to district leagues. clubs like imps hamilton heywood need to work on keeping those types of players.
Has any one heard of the recruit imperials have picked up from the bendigo league some bloke called m thompson very handy was on st kildas list about 10 years ago good country footballer.Apparently has brought the chicken shop in hamilton?.

Has any one heard of the recruit imperials have picked up from the bendigo league some bloke called m thompson very handy was on st kildas list about 10 years ago good country footballer.Apparently has brought the chicken shop in hamilton?.

Martin Thompson is his name. He resembles gary ablett junior and has about the same frame. In his early 30's. He comes to town with big wraps, but apparently has a plastic hip which gives him grief.

Martin Thompson is his name. He resembles gary ablett junior and has about the same frame. In his early 30's. He comes to town with big wraps, but apparently has a plastic hip which gives him grief.
freak thanks for the handy info, you being a hamilton boy must be in the know.whats this about a plastic hip though couldnt still play with one of them.

a mate from over the boarder tells me there was a big article in there local paper confirming nick johnstone and a swag of others are leaving heywood. massive blow to the club that seemed to do so much work early last season. thoughts anyone?

a mate from over the boarder tells me there was a big article in there local paper confirming nick johnstone and a swag of others are leaving heywood. massive blow to the club that seemed to do so much work early last season. thoughts anyone?

Yes obviously disappointing, but hardly suprising. Paying the likes of Mal Michael (only rumoured) $3000/game Courtney Johns $2500, Brad Smith and Fuller $1500, was plain stupid. Thats $8500 per game for 4 players, plus flights. Yes everyone is going to rave on how the gate takings soared and the town was buzzing and at least they tried something. That is bullshit. Heywood could have recruited 17 of the best country footballers in the area and paid them $500/game and would have had the benefit of them training 2 nights a week. Also would have guaranteed them a flag! Only my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back