Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamilton and other sides that are cashed up can spend all they want....the new points system will nulify of how many can come in.
I'm not sure on what the point's limit is (maybe 15) plus last yrs recruits while deducted some points, are added into the totals of this yr.
So while hamiltons coach can be a little coy atm, they may not have much more room to outlay......with Fiora and the other chap plus the deducted points of Fiora number 2, regardless of how much coin they have!!!!

Bigant a bit more research is needed by you the points system will not be in this year in the Western Border hense the reason Grant Russell has been very active this year with the recruiting.

Hamilton will definately improve this year and do better than what Heywood did because they have developed their juniors better and arent as far of the pace then what Heywood were before getting the big recruits. Also the club is better ran and organised.

Hamilton and other sides that are cashed up can spend all they want....the new points system will nulify of how many can come in.
I'm not sure on what the point's limit is (maybe 15) plus last yrs recruits while deducted some points, are added into the totals of this yr.
So while hamiltons coach can be a little coy atm, they may not have much more room to outlay......with Fiora and the other chap plus the deducted points of Fiora number 2, regardless of how much coin they have!!!!

The WBFL will be trialing the points system in 2011 with a view to implementation in 2012 and hence any team that goes over the maximum number of points won't be penalised this year. The number of points each club is allowed will be determined prior to the start of each season and must be agreed to by all clubs.The intial amount of points was to be 15. Players values are allocated based on where they played their football in the previous 12 months. So a player that played AFL last year would be worth 5 ponits, a player that played VFL/SANFL last year would be worth 4 points, and so on. An AFL player that has played more than 25 senior games with an WBFL club before his AFL career and returns to that club will be worth 0 points. All under 18's who play seniors will be worth -1 point. Higher point players will have their point valued lowered by 1 for each extra year they play with that club ie. a 5 point player will be worth 4 points the second year he plays. If there was a point system last year West Gambier's premiership team would've had a total of 10 points.
Hope this info helps.

enough of the muble

post sesaon predictions in order of finish after last game of 2011

portland
west
north
millicent
east
imps
casterton
hamilton
south
heywood

Willw***er you absolute imbocile. If South Gambier finish 2nd last I will personally come around to your residence and give you a happy ending. South Gambier have won the last 2 reserves premierships, so they are more than capable of covering the loses of a few has beens. They were clearly the dominant team last year touching up Millicent and West throughout the season. But unfortunately thought they had the prelim won before they stepped onto the hallowed turf. Interesting to see you have Portland finishing top, which just about answers all my questions about your intelligence.

Bigant a bit more research is needed by you the points system will not be in this year in the Western Border hense the reason Grant Russell has been very active this year with the recruiting.

Hamilton will definately improve this year and do better than what Heywood did because they have developed their juniors better and arent as far of the pace then what Heywood were before getting the big recruits. Also the club is better ran and organised.
As i said previously ff, i wasnt clear on if it was in or not !? but that doesnt change my opinion on Russell's quick fix....it hasnt worked previously where he's been and he'll need a lot more just to be competitive.

Who are all these players leaving Sount that would have some people picking them to finish down the bottom?

The only player I have heard leaving that would make a difference is Milich. Apart from Leroys reitrement and I guess Mick Ryan going that way aswell.

I believe you have been a bit harsh saying that hamilton are better run than Heywood, but we all have are opinions as hamilton have employed Russell who is know to buy players instead of developing the younger players of the clubs that he has been at. I have also heard on the grapevine that a lot of Hamiltons younger players are not happy with Russell and are think of going elsewhere. If this is true then all of Hamiltons hard developement work is out the door don`t you think.

Who are all these players leaving Sount that would have some people picking them to finish down the bottom?

The only player I have heard leaving that would make a difference is Milich. Apart from Leroys reitrement and I guess Mick Ryan going that way aswell.
The players I have heard that are leaving or retiring are:
Peter Haten (retiring)
Lyndon Smith (Tant)
Luke Foran (Tant)
Nathan Bell (Tant)
Ashley Brant and his Brother (Tant)
Marcus and Leigh Von Duve (Glencoe)
Josh Wilson (Glencoe)
Mick Ryan (Edenhope)
Ben McGregor (Pt Mac)
Leigh Capewell (ret)
Heath Sims (Ret)

That is a lot of players also have heard that there could be a few more yet they are sitting on the fence waiting to see who the club can recruit. BUT REMEMBER THIS IS THE SILLY SEASON some of the above could be trying to get a little bit more in the pocket

i think it is a little harsh to say hamilton is a lot closer than what heywood was. there was talk last season that there were between 12-15 senior players on the track last season and the rest were juniors who hate playing for russell and that reserves side was a disgrace. maybe hamilton was run better than heywood a few years ago but i am not so sure you can say that with any certainty now. good luck to them though because we need every team as strong as possible

Freak you tool

firstly south only beat west once for the year and did that in the last 10 mins when ryan got sent off. also they have lost half of their "B" grade side as well, with those players going to other clubs. they are in disaray. more infighting than the labour party.

who have portland lost? no one and they should regain the jail bird
it will be a pleasure to see you

Freak you tool

firstly south only beat west once for the year and did that in the last 10 mins when ryan got sent off. also they have lost half of their "B" grade side as well, with those players going to other clubs. they are in disaray. more infighting than the labour party.

who have portland lost? no one and they should regain the jail bird
it will be a pleasure to see you
Will wonker how you now all this info from these 2 clubs, you must be involved in the inner core group of the south footy club are you?.Or is it the portland committe as well?.

Who's the board moderator around here? .. seriously.

I too have heard that South are going to be in strife this year, have heard that Copping may have gotten a little stale(?). Boys are moving on, and there's the obvious retirees.

Heywood look to be in serious trouble. As far as im aware, they are yet to sign a senior coach still. Nash has been taking training while the club continue to pursue something of any great value.

Portland looks to be in great stead. I believe in the rag sometime before the new year they announced Jeremy Hayes as assisistant coach from a league a little more central. (May have been Ovens & Murray, not sure. ) England set to return also told, along with another young lad that has been running around in the South West league.

Thanks for that info Paradiddle about the point system. Had heard that it was going to be trialed/implemented. Personally dont think its the greatest of ideas. Had this spurred from Heywoods influx in '10? If you look at it like that, Heywood would've racked up many-a-point but still didn't get them anywhere. Already not a fan of this system. ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dynast

to true the rumours are rife from south and for a great power house it is sad that has happened.

will be an intersting season and hopefully they dont bring in the points system

Dynast

to true the rumours are rife from south and for a great power house it is sad that has happened.

will be an intersting season and hopefully they dont bring in the points system
willwonker you seem to be a great man of knowledge how much quality senior footy had you played?.Have you heard of that big key forward south might have picked up called ogolive or something was listed in previous quotes by the freak show?.think he was from the gippsland or something.

firstly yes i have played alot nearly 300 games been retired a few years.

the player in question have not heard about and a source from coles said he is not there?

Who's the board moderator around here? .. seriously.

I too have heard that South are going to be in strife this year, have heard that Copping may have gotten a little stale(?). Boys are moving on, and there's the obvious retirees.

Heywood look to be in serious trouble. As far as im aware, they are yet to sign a senior coach still. Nash has been taking training while the club continue to pursue something of any great value.

Portland looks to be in great stead. I believe in the rag sometime before the new year they announced Jeremy Hayes as assisistant coach from a league a little more central. (May have been Ovens & Murray, not sure. ) England set to return also told, along with another young lad that has been running around in the South West league.

Thanks for that info Paradiddle about the point system. Had heard that it was going to be trialed/implemented. Personally dont think its the greatest of ideas. Had this spurred from Heywoods influx in '10? If you look at it like that, Heywood would've racked up many-a-point but still didn't get them anywhere. Already not a fan of this system. ???

To undermine or over-rate West's & Millicent's achievments would show down right ignorance, Portland probably let themselves down beit the off field drama's; but one player doesnt make a team as good as the jailbird (his name forgets me) is, both those sides beat Portland near to there best.
The other sides in the finals probably didnt work hard enough as the two grand finalist, yet most pundits would have said that the likes of south, Portland & North were more talented.

I think the same five sides will fight it out but where those sides finish, it'll be anyones guess !?

The players I have heard that are leaving or retiring are:
Peter Haten (retiring)
Lyndon Smith (Tant)
Luke Foran (Tant)
Nathan Bell (Tant)
Ashley Brant and his Brother (Tant)
Marcus and Leigh Von Duve (Glencoe)
Josh Wilson (Glencoe)
Mick Ryan (Edenhope)
Ben McGregor (Pt Mac)
Leigh Capewell (ret)
Heath Sims (Ret)

That is a lot of players also have heard that there could be a few more yet they are sitting on the fence waiting to see who the club can recruit. BUT REMEMBER THIS IS THE SILLY SEASON some of the above could be trying to get a little bit more in the pocket

As a passionate supporter and past committee man of the SGFC, I feel it is in the clubs best interest that I respond to a few of these comments that have been posted.

Firstly, all good things must come to an end, 20 years of success is a proud achievement, Secondly and most importantly it must be said that the departure of all players has NOTHING to do with Jon Copping. All players leaving have their own personal reasons.
Cam Milich - Coaching Kongorong
Nathan Bell - Returning to Tant as he lives in Millicent
Marcus & Leigh Von Duve - Returning to Glencoe as they told the club when they arrived that they were only playing in WBFL for 2 years.
Josh Wilson - Signed at Glencoe for big $
Peter Harten - Playing
Luke Foran - Playing
Ash Bryant and Brother - Playing
Leigh Capewell - Playing
Heath Sims - Playing
Lyndon Smith - Signed at Tant for big $
Ben McGregor - Playing under his brother who is coaching Pt Mac

Yes its true, we have lost a lot of players, but as it happens everywhere the smaller cashed up clubs want success and the only way to achieve it is by buying players from dominant clubs. If anything it should be a credit to Jon Copping that he built a successful team that every other club is trying to emulate.

As a passionate supporter and past committee man of the SGFC, I feel it is in the clubs best interest that I respond to a few of these comments that have been posted.

Firstly, all good things must come to an end, 20 years of success is a proud achievement, Secondly and most importantly it must be said that the departure of all players has NOTHING to do with Jon Copping. All players leaving have their own personal reasons.
Cam Milich - Coaching Kongorong
Nathan Bell - Returning to Tant as he lives in Millicent
Marcus & Leigh Von Duve - Returning to Glencoe as they told the club when they arrived that they were only playing in WBFL for 2 years.
Josh Wilson - Signed at Glencoe for big $
Peter Harten - Playing
Luke Foran - Playing
Ash Bryant and Brother - Playing
Leigh Capewell - Playing
Heath Sims - Playing
Lyndon Smith - Signed at Tant for big $
Ben McGregor - Playing under his brother who is coaching Pt Mac

Yes its true, we have lost a lot of players, but as it happens everywhere the smaller cashed up clubs want success and the only way to achieve it is by buying players from dominant clubs. If anything it should be a credit to Jon Copping that he built a successful team that every other club is trying to emulate.

Jon Copping has done nothing except walk into a succesful club. He went back to Penola after a stint with south for big dollars, and said he'd be there for a number of years. All he does is big note himself. He can play the game But is full of himself. I believe the reason your younger players are leaving are because south have divided playing groups under copping, with him sticking with the older blokes and not moving on and giving the younger ones experience. Also Copping getting caught in the toilets with another woman cant be good

Didn't think it would take long, but everyones entitled to their own opinions. South missed the finals in 2007 under Mick Ryan and everyone was calling the dynasty finally over. Jon returned to coach in 2008 and took the club to an elimination final, followed by a premiership the year after. The playing group is not divided and the reason Mick Ryan has indicated he is playing for Edenhope this year is because he has been told he will be given limited game time, as South has some very good younger ruckmen.

Didn't think it would take long, but everyones entitled to their own opinions. South missed the finals in 2007 under Mick Ryan and everyone was calling the dynasty finally over. Jon returned to coach in 2008 and took the club to an elimination final, followed by a premiership the year after. The playing group is not divided and the reason Mick Ryan has indicated he is playing for Edenhope this year is because he has been told he will be given limited game time, as South has some very good younger ruckmen.

Well i hope for south's sake they follow through with playing younger players, because this is a reason why so many of your up and coming players are deciding to move on because they have heard it before and have finally got some common sense to move on and make a career for themselves. I am sure its not just a garde players your loosing, its b garde and 18's moving because they havent had the opportunity to prove themselves.

Jon Copping has done nothing except walk into a succesful club. He went back to Penola after a stint with south for big dollars, and said he'd be there for a number of years. All he does is big note himself. He can play the game But is full of himself. I believe the reason your younger players are leaving are because south have divided playing groups under copping, with him sticking with the older blokes and not moving on and giving the younger ones experience. Also Copping getting caught in the toilets with another woman cant be good
The rig obviously he must of toweled you up on the field during your playing days as ou dont sound like a happy camper there.How do you know what is going on in the inner sanctum of the south footy club have you played there?.Instead of quoting all this rubbish on here you fool get the hard facts or dont comment at all.End of the matter big boy.

The rig obviously he must of toweled you up on the field during your playing days as ou dont sound like a happy camper there.How do you know what is going on in the inner sanctum of the south footy club have you played there?.Instead of quoting all this rubbish on here you fool get the hard facts or dont comment at all.End of the matter big boy.
like :thumbsu:

If only you knew!! I'm not one to chase success, i work hard to achieve it and i have achieved the ultimate. I've got the facts right mate, through south players, a lot of them whom are leaving. Maybe you should stop eating schnitzels and get on the track yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back