AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

New injury replacement signing. Welcome Sanne.

Can't find much info about her other than playing for Chargers and her athletics background. Anyone here seen her play?

Shocking news for Kavanagh, hopefully the club pulls everything it can to help her stay engaged and happy for her first season over here. Contested mid depth is something we really needed to be pushing up this year :(

Interesting to see Krstel Petrevski choosing to play for WCE in a scratch match today v GCS, rather than for Subi in a league game.

Lots of faces I don’t recognise in this team as well. Not a surprise given it’s a scratchy of course

Interesting to see Krstel Petrevski choosing to play for WCE in a scratch match today v GCS, rather than for Subi in a league game.

Lots of faces I don’t recognise in this team as well. Not a surprise given it’s a scratchy of course
How are you watching it?

Snippets on Instagram

Oh ok, I saw those.

Looks like these guys are playing:
Lakfer
Gibson
Thomas
Roberts
Lewis
Rentsch
Goranova? (Or someone in 8) - Edit: if was Verity Simmons
Hosking
Drennan
Bushby
Franklin
Western
Webb
McDonald
Petrevski
Someone in 9 (Roxy Roux?)
Someone in 29 that wasn’t Elkington.
Someone in 27, 40 and 41.

Who’ve I missed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great they had a good win pre-season, confidence is a huge thing and hopefully the vibe around the mens and womens teams is helping things

I'm really glad they get a half decent hit out and 8.3 is really encouraging👌 Always take praccy matches with a truckload of salt in terms of the result but considering what gold coast did to us in season proper last year this appears to be a marked improvement 😅

Wonder how feasible it is to sneak in to watch the match vs the purps next week haha

I loved Sarah Black's anecdote in the accompanying article, but it does make me think the Eagles might have to do REALLY badly to get her. Then again, he'd probably say the same thing about Ash Centra or Havana Harris;

'At the recent AFLW Academy game, one senior coach posed a hypothetical question to their list manager – bar finishing near the bottom of the ladder, what sort of trade would be required to land the pick needed to select Fish?

The list manager ruefully shook their head and replied with the name of the team's best player.'

I didn't realise she'd only been playing footy for 4 years 😲 I definitely prefer to go for homegrown talent but this little tidbit means her full potential hasn't even come close to being reached probably.... scary.

God I want her at the nest so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back