2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 7 @ Loxton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 22nd of May. 2:05pm at Loxton Oval. Channel 7 coverage starts 2pm.

This will be a Russell Ebert tribute match with the winners getting a trophy.
g0yzeebjzwadfzuyxhmg

Pending the injury list: Mayes, Mead, Jackson, Wilson, Surman and Lee all might be available. Jake Pasini is out for the season with an ACL.

Lachie Jones was called up last week to the AFL side.

If Jonas and Dumont play AFL, we may see Fantasia and Duursma drop down here. Also Bergman could come in too.

Note since this game is after the AFL game, the sub (EG Frederick) can play.

SANFL listed players yet to appear this season: Butcher, Lobbe, Kennett.

After losing to the Eagles before the bye, we are still 8th.
1652539278383.png

Stats leaders for Port:
Dylan Williams is equal 9th in the league for goals.
Jake Pasini leading the league for rebound 50s.
Nick Moore 3rd for tackles.
Dante Visentini 10th for hitouts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Duursma, Bergman, Mayes, Mead, Jackson, Surman, Lee, Kirk
OUT: Jones (AFL), Pasini (ACL), Appleton, Sareen, Wildman, Samblich, Carter, T.Burgoyne

Maggies Side:
F: Weidemann - Dixon - Williams
HF: Sutcliffe (C) - Lord - McEntee
C: Duursma - Mayes - Schofield
HB: Frederick - Surman - Bergman
B: Corcoran - Skinner - J.Burgoyne
R: Visentini - N.Moore - Mead
INT: Lee - Kirk - Jackson - E.Moore

Last edited:

My lad will be playing around the same time unfortunately surely will be in 7?

For those that are interested and going, there will be a local A grade game on as a curtain raiser, Loxton vs Waikerie. Also an AFL masters game in the morning, plenty of black and white for the day. Screenshot_20220515-120002_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Random comment, but I have some memory as a 5 or 6 year old, of Russell Ebert competing in a longest-kick competition on Loxton Oval, circa 1978.

What's the go with tickets? Are club members going to get sent them via the app? First in, best dressed (pack your PBs I guess)?

What's the go with tickets? Are club members going to get sent them via the app? First in, best dressed (pack your PBs I guess)?

You have to buy them through the West Adelaide FC website.

If you are an Essential Power member or Adelaide Oval football member you get the SANFL games so just scan your membership card at the gate. Not sure about access for other port members.

The PAFC app has tickets for this game on it.
We're Essential Western Stand members, so maybe that's why? Dunno.

Anyway, our Membership cards are only useful as momentos these days, with everything now done via the app 😒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping for no more covid or injuries before this one. Possibly inserting Bergman, Fantasia, Jones, Frederick, Mayes, Mead, Dumont and Jackson back into the side, plus possibly Charlie is a HUGE set of ins. Poor Westies, copping us right as we're finally starting to strengthen the lineup.

Ken said he will be in the 23 if he is sub again that's just stupidity has to get game time at sanfl level.

Will either play as the sub or will play in the SANFL the next day. Either way he is getting game time and pending if/when he is subbed in on Sat he can play a full game Sunday.

Will either play as the sub or will play in the SANFL the next day. Either way he is getting game time and pending if/when he is subbed in on Sat he can play a full game Sunday.

You do like to tempt fate :p

Ken said he will be in the 23 if he is sub again that's just stupidity has to get game time at sanfl level.
Yep.
I want to have at a minimum a 30% confidence level that he can play at a reasonable level of intensity at State League before i risk him in the AFL.
Even as a medi sub, he's likely to trip over his own shoelaces running onto the ground and do an ACL. Then we have no rotational advantage.

I was really looking forward to John Butcher playing this season

Any word as to why he hasnt played a game for the maggies yet this season? He hasnt been on any injury lists at all

Initial Maggies Changes:
IN: Fantasia, Bergman, Mayes, Mead, Jackson, Wilson, Surman, Lee, Kirk
OUT: Jones (AFL), Pasini (ACL), Lord, Frederick, Schofield (AFL Emergencies), Appleton, Sareen, Wildman, Samblich

Initial Maggies Side: (4 players to drop in, 4 to drop out)
F: Surman - Dixon - Williams
HF: Fantasia - Weidemann - McEntee
C: Wilson - Mayes - Jackson
HB: Sutcliffe (C) - Skinner - Bergman
B: Lee - Corcoran - J.Burgoyne
R: Visentini - N.Moore - Mead
INT: Carter - T.Burgoyne - Kirk - E.Moore
EMERG: Duursma - Lord - Frederick - Schofield

I'm expecting something like:

FFFantasiaLordWilliams
HFMcEnteeDixonWilson
CDuursmaSchofieldSutcliffe