Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 43 - Tom Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

I stand by my call that we should have blooded him a couple of weeks ago so that he wouldnt be debuting without Gov in the side.

Looking forward to seeing him play though.

I would've liked to have seen him come in against Melbourne for a run.

Barrass will pants Tippett. He's been absolutely woeful. Good time to debut! Get some confidence up then he can dominate roughy :)

Adam office....

Adam: Congrats Tom you're making your debut this week! Well done mate, you've Bradbury'd...eh, I mean you've forced your way in with great form.

Tom: Thanks Coach, I can't wait to play my role for the team.

Adam: No probs Tom, we really care for our debutants so we are going to put you on someone that doesn't have a right boot.

Tom: Lance Franklin!?!(looks horrified)

Adam: Yes, but don't worry, everybody thinks I've set up a web or something, I even saw it on TV!!! I'm still trying to figure out if it's something we should do but to me it just looks like lots of players running randomly. I'm going to give Healy another call and see if he can explain it to me again. (Talking more to himself)I'll have to get marketing to do up some more Naita highlights for another trade.

Tom: Okay I've got to go and find some tapes of Franklind (forlornly gets up and starts towards the door)

Adam: Tom...(Tom turns). Don't let Lance kick any goals or I will cut you.....now leave I've got opposition tapes to watch (Adam puts a VCR in)

(Tom walks out and shuts Adams door as he hears the start of "The Simpsons" theme song)

Pressure test diamond or coal... it can take time... rosa ellis butler yeo whoever it is wont let him suffer, help will always be near.

I'm actually quite confident he'll get the job done.

McGoverns injury, disappointing as it is, could not have been more ideally timed when we have a ready made backup dominating in the WAFL.

He'll do fine. 15 disposals, 8 marks, 4 contested, 3 tackles on Tippett. I own a delorian.

I'm actually quite confident he'll get the job done.

McGoverns injury, disappointing as it is, could not have been more ideally timed when we have a ready made backup dominating in the WAFL.

He'll do fine. 15 disposals, 8 marks, 4 contested, 3 tackles on Tippett. I own a delorian.

Also quietly confident with Barra on debut. Read he's been building nicely and reads the play well and takes a good grab.

We won't / shouldn't play him on Franklin. Too big a ask for one so inexperienced. Barra to take Tippett or a Goodes, play a medium sized defender on Franklin just to stop him leading and have Schofield play the drop off zone defender in front of Franklin.

Schofield playing shoulder to shoulder to Franklin doesn't fill me with confidence. Franklin too quick and too strong.

Team defense to win the day.:thumbsu:

I reckon Yeo or Hurn will have to play the McGovern loose man role, so I'm not entirely confident that Barrass will even get a game. We might just bring butler back in?

Also quietly confident with Barra on debut. Read he's been building nicely and reads the play well and takes a good grab.

We won't / shouldn't play him on Franklin. Too big a ask for one so inexperienced. Barra to take Tippett or a Goodes, play a medium sized defender on Franklin just to stop him leading and have Schofield play the drop off zone defender in front of Franklin.

Schofield playing shoulder to shoulder to Franklin doesn't fill me with confidence. Franklin too quick and too strong.

Team defense to win the day.:thumbsu:
he is inexperienced for franklin but somehow dam goodes and tippett require less experience for match up?? you kidding right?? any of those three plus sam reid will be a tough task for any defender, debutant or veteran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is inexperienced for franklin but somehow dam goodes and tippett require less experience for match up?? you kidding right?? any of those three plus sam reid will be a tough task for any defender, debutant or veteran.

No I'm not.

Is Franklin better than Goodes or Tippett? No doubt.

Tippett is out of form and has an injured hand.

Goodes is 34 and his best is behind him.

Franklin is at the peak of his game.

Barrass will play on a tall so which one?

Hopefully Tippett doesn't play, Richards gets a week and Reid plays in the Swans back half.

Barrass's Draft Profile! Checkout his video!

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-11-22/pick-43-tom-barrass

Name: Tom Barrass
Position: Key Defender
Height: 192cm
Weight: 81kg
D.O.B: 8.10.95
Recruited from: Claremont, WA

A strong key defender, who is very creative with the ball in his hands. Loves to intercept opposition forward 50 entries, and always uses the ball well by foot. Likens himself to Geelong champion Harry Taylor, Eagles recruiters rated him higher than his eventual draft position of 43.

AFL.com.au says: Tall defender with good ability to read the ball in flight. Comes off his opponent at the right time to affect the contest and uses the ball smartly on the counter-attack. Possesses a penetrating and accurate left foot that can carry the lines, complemented with a strong overhead mark.

Recruiters Comment: "Tom can come in and take his time to find his form. He's one of those guys who does like to go for his marks, which is a little ironic because he's quite a good spoiler. He does like to take the game on a bit and they'll be all things we try to develop in his game." – Rohan O'Brien

With the way our defence helps each other out, he will rarely be left one on one with his opponent inside the 50 so confident he can come in and do a job for us. Best thing is if he can step in without too much problems, it allows McGovern to be the swing man which will be crucial during the finals.

Will be tough for Barrass if teams follow the trend of Adel and Collingwood playing 2 falls deep .If the midfielders do their jobs then iI would be satisfied if he only gets 2 or 3 kicked on him .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back