MRP / Trib. Good Bloke Barrass Appeals

I hope they lodge another appeal before they even leave AFL House. There is zero justification for letting Charlie Cameron off and upholding Barrass' suspension. It's both or none.
Yep. Bullshit decision.
WCE should rightfully feel aggrieved.
Off field, Barrass must qualify as of good character. Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t TB do some work around stopping domestic violence. It’s a very hot topic nowadays.
And on field ….. well ….. most supporters would think that Charlie Cameron is a bit of a sniper and a bit dirty. He has half a dozen incidents that looked dirty and he escaped with a fine each time. Most of these incidents would result in suspensions now.
Tom Barrass however, he is not a player that any supporter from any club in Australia would brand dirty. He’s not disliked. He’s admired for the way he plays the game.
Eagles should be able to go the good character route and he should be playing this week.

Good that they’re admitting to using suspensions as a deterrent.

Look at how nobody swings a fist since Andrew Gaff’s lengthy suspension. They’ve rightly drilled into the players that if you throw a head high punch, you’re gone.

Hold on, I’m just being handed a note…

Also:

"We can overturn a decision if a player has held their career to exemplary standards.

And whilst Tom Barrass's standards have been very good, even exemplary, they were not exemplary enough to overturn the decision."

- AFL Tribunal

Also Gov was a character reference for TB.

I wonder how many of Cameron’s team mates did the same (after certain WhatsApp leaks over Summer). Do they think he is a good bloke ♂️🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walters had the same amount of arms free as Lever did to Brace. And that free arm had a ball in it of which his head "clearly" bounces off first. Still think this is farcical but he's unlikely to get off on an appeal. Take a week off Tom and get ready for Essendon.

Yep. Bullshit decision.
WCE should rightfully feel aggrieved.
Off field, Barrass must qualify as of good character. Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t TB do some work around stopping domestic violence. It’s a very hot topic nowadays.
And on field ….. well ….. most supporters would think that Charlie Cameron is a bit of a sniper and a bit dirty. He has half a dozen incidents that looked dirty and he escaped with a fine each time. Most of these incidents would result in suspensions now.
Tom Barrass however, he is not a player that any supporter from any club in Australia would brand dirty. He’s not disliked. He’s admired for the way he plays the game.
Eagles should be able to go the good character route and he should be playing this week.
I don't have any problems with Charlie Cameron. I like him as a player. I do have a problem with inconsistency and double standards though.

I don't have any problems with Charlie Cameron. I like him as a player. I do have a problem with inconsistency and double standards though.
I agree so far inconsistency and double standards. But I was referring to half a dozen replays of incidents involving Cameron. Barrass is nothing like that.
You know there’s a big problem when a Pies fan is going into bat for an Eagles player.

With all of the recent talk about resting players, this is a perfect opportunity to rest Barrass given his back issues. Doesn't make the tribunals decision any less egregious, but it's a small silver lining to come out of a shocking decision.

Oh that’s right we can’t talk about that.

Maybe that’s where Tommy went wrong.

He should have said he identifies as a smaller person and calling him bigger is not respecting his pro-adjectives

Honestly can't take anyone serious who makes "I identify as x" jokes...

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Haha what a joke.
Honestly, Cameron lifted the guy and dumped him on his head, it was way worse than Tommy's.
The chook lotto continues!
Nope sorry, they were both the same. Tackler tries to go backward but the person being tackled wants to try and get a free kick so swings their body to the side trying to make sure their head makes contact with the ground.
As soon as they hit the ground they are scrambling to see where the umpire is so they can hold their head and swing their arms looking for a free.
To be honest TB's probably had more of an initial swinging motion.

As I said in another thread I was all for Cameron not copping a week but not how they came to the decision.
Keep an eye on these tackles from now on and watch for the initial movement and direction to see where it ends up when the player being tackled swings their body and head which changes the momentum and direction of the tackle.

My god, Dunkley is on camera saying they do this at training, it is to milk frees instead of being done for HTB.

I genuinely hope Pyke, Simmo and all the players s**t all over this decision when doing media for the rest of the round.

It's stuff like this which pushes me ever closer to being done with the AFL for good.

AFL proves again that they're a joke.

Exceptional circumstances only if you have played 200+ games 🙄 come on. Sorry TB has only played 138, is a premiership player and B&F winner.

Is it punishment determined by outcome or potential? Still no clearer. Backflipped from their outcome position to potential injury. Happy for it to be potential, or based on risk level or tackling action but ******* be consistent.

Back