Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopper should be given captaincy next year.

Bloke cares. You see it when he plays. He’s involved in everything. If he can get over the injuries he’s a vital cog in our midfield. He was a beauty at GWS and will be here too he’s just been unlucky. Coming into his peak now.

Nank can’t captain next season
Glad im not the only one who sees it.

Glad im not the only one who sees it.
How bout we give the captaincy to someone who has some loyalty and is still at the club that gave them their first opportunity .
We’ve been fixated on giving the captaincy to blokes we’ve paid well for , enough to have them leave their previous club , and it’s not yet proven successful

He is also on record as saying he needs to do his part for the team, he is a bloody ripping fella and hes not stupid, he knows he needs to play and deliver.
Shows how much he cares.

He would've been in a difficult position last year after dimma quit. He joined us assuming that dimma will be his coach.

Hopefully hopper remains injury free in the future

How bout we give the captaincy to someone who has some loyalty and is still at the club that gave them their first opportunity .
We’ve been fixated on giving the captaincy to blokes we’ve paid well for , enough to have them leave their previous club , and it’s not yet proven successful
Yeah I know you’re talking about baker.

Give it to the best leader

I think he’s a top line midfielder when fit. As people have mentioned, I love his passion.

I guess we did overpay for him but that isn’t his fault and on the flip side who knows what we would have got with those picks anyway.

It’s another aspect that gets overlooked when people are judging them (Taranto and Hopper) without them our oldest starting mids would be Prestia and Graham
They are providing massive amounts of leadership not just for the midfield but the entire club
You only have too look at Norf.They got rid of the experience and now and its been suggested by Mick McGuane that the standard at training led by LDU is below par.Can't see that happening with with us with TT & Hopper setting the standards.

Yeah I don't understand the Hopper hate train happening in here.
We paid overs in the trade, sure, I'm happy to concede that. However, that's not his fault lol. We have people in here 100% hating on him only because of what we paid to get him.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be judging a player based on what the club pays for them. You judge the club.

Hopper was having a great game the other night and anyone denying that can only see the picks and the salary whenever they're watching him.
What I saw was a bloke cracking in and clearly heavily invested in what we are building here. He was absolutely shattered when he did his hammy and due to his dedication to this club, stayed on and got involved in a scoring chain. When he finally went off he was distraught. If we overpay for passion like that then I'm okay with that as they are the types of people you want in your club.

The trade and the contract already happened. It's time to move on and judge him fairly.
Great Post.

let me clear this up, I don't hate on him as a person, NOT GLAD he got injured, I just don't like his disposal which is a midfielder's biggest and most important skill requirement.
When and if he gets his game together I will gladly say it, but on the whole, it's been s**t vs his pay packet.
If I sucked at my job on my pay packet then id expect the same criticism.
I bet he is as frustrated over his game as what i am, and i know he is trying 100%.
The VFL team exists for a reason too.
So going on that basis the great man Richo should've played vfl until he got his goalkicking sorted.lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s a top line midfielder when fit. As people have mentioned, I love his passion.

I guess we did overpay for him but that isn’t his fault and on the flip side who knows what we would have got with those picks anyway.
Yes luck plays a role, but at a bare minimum one would have hoped that we would have drafted two players who are not perpetually injured. Along with his poor disposal his durability was one of the biggest question marks about him when the trade happened. More so since he was gifted a mega 7 year deal to come to the Tigers. If he struggles to stay on the park now, how bad will it be when he hits 30? Yes we definitely overpaid

Maybe we need the hawthorn doctors to heal him? …. They could heal anybody under clarko

Yes luck plays a role, but at a bare minimum one would have hoped that we would have drafted two players who are not perpetually injured. Along with his poor disposal his durability was one of the biggest question marks about him when the trade happened. More so since he was gifted a mega 7 year deal to come to the Tigers. If he struggles to stay on the park now, how bad will it be when he hits 30? Yes we definitely overpaid
Just depends on the type on injury
Hoppers injury’s have been impact types along with a concussion

This is the first time he’s had a soft tissue injury and they are more the types you try to steer clear of if a young player is copping them consistently so I’m not overly concerned

Just needs a decent run

We have an 11 day break to the next game, that's a standard '2 weeks' (games) there.
It’s usually two weeks rest and re-hab
one week training fully to prove your right to go

Isn't it natural to expect more from a player when they're on big money and cost high draft picks?
isn't it the nature of free markets? I don't get your logic Tiger.
Most of us know the reason why.
You seem fixated on his pay packet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back