Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

That is in the team who are by a big margin the lowest scoring team in the AFL, and almost certainly with the weakest midfield. So his performance is looking genuinely encouraging to this point.

That's been my take, MR, your opinion on this was one of the first things I was keen to check out. :thumbsu:

Gave him a rap a long time back in the ressies thinking he could push for seniors, not really expecting he'd get the chance, been a real highlight of the season (mostly replays so far except a trip to see the Suns' debacle live!) for me.

Considering the injury setback he had and missing so much VFL (a big factor in his current development progress, IMO), the gaping holes in our current lineup etc., I reckon he's done really well and still has plenty of upside.

If that trio gels together well over a run of games with Balta as second ruck, it is a much better than average trio of key forwards.

Sure is - both younger blokes have what is looking like the exact right athletic profile for the way the game is trending. :thumbsu:

He has 9 goals in 6 games. Unless he gets injured, with 15 games to go he will kick somewhere between 25 and 35 goals in his debut season having missed 2 games. A great start to a KPF’s career.

FWIW Jack kicked 25 goals in his first 26 games of footy. Lynch kicked 35 goals in his first 38 games of footy. Curnow was 25 goals in his first 27 games. Larkey 40 goals in his first 29 games.

I know he’s older, but he has been very good in his first 6 career games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s oft said get whoever into a pro afl environment and they’ll thrive , sometimes it makes no difference ,kelti has very much flourished being a FT footballer , as mentioned he comes with assets that will serve him well , pace agility strength and sure hands , the time to work on those is helping him no end

There’s been a lot of statistical comparisons etc… in recent pages, but let’s just go with the ‘eye test’. My eye tells me Lefau is more likely than not to become a very handy player.

Let’s put it this way …. JVR is younger so he has time on his side, but my ‘eye’ tells me right now Lefau is a better player than JVR.

There’s been a lot of statistical comparisons etc… in recent pages, but let’s just go with the ‘eye test’. My eye tells me Lefau is more likely than not to become a very handy player.

Let’s put it this way …. JVR is younger so he has time on his side, but my ‘eye’ tells me right now Lefau is a better player than JVR.

Quite right...
"The eye" is used to seeing certain patterns in a game of footy..patterns that are hard to quantify, exactly, verbally/quickly.
And if a playa is comfortable playing in winning team's patterns...leads, marks, kicks goals, tackles well...
We, the fans, and the eye senses, we just might have a playa!
And the opposite is true...if a playa is uncomfortable/lost/lacks confidence/hesitant in a winning team's patterns....goneski!
These uncomfortable playas blend into the patterns of a losing side...and are soon goneski!
The eye knows!

Quite right...
"The eye" is used to seeing certain patterns in a game of footy..patterns that are hard to quantify, exactly, verbally/quickly.
And if a playa is comfortable playing in winning team's patterns...leads, marks, kicks goals, tackles well...
We, the fans, and the eye senses, we just might have a playa!
And the opposite is true...if a playa is uncomfortable/lost/lacks confidence/hesitant in a winning team's patterns....goneski!
These uncomfortable playas blend into the patterns of a losing side...and are soon goneski!
The eye knows!
the eye flames GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back