Certified Legendary Thread Welcome Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

We looked better against the Demons when MRJ and Bolton went into the guts and replaced Hogan's Heroes who gave them a five goal start. We went on and kicked i think 10 straight after that . O f course not only due to those 2 guys, but their electric pace over the first 10m gave us first use and gave off to the usual plodders bringing them into the game. We need at least two quick guys in the guts early on to stop midfields owning us.

....was very good in the match sim just last week....
I thought preseason games don't mean anything? Or is it only when it suits the narrative?

More importantly, define 'very good'? Geez you must easy to please. Most people thought he was average or didn't make mention of him because he didn't really have an impact.

How much out of 10 would you have rated him?

I thought preseason games don't mean anything? Or is it only when it suits the narrative?

More importantly, define 'very good'? Geez you must easy to please. Most people thought he was average or didn't make mention of him because he didn't really have an impact.

Plenty of people made mention of him. There is no narrative. It's only fair to judge him once the season actually starts.

New game plan and fit body I expect him to go to a new level thus year.

Perks of the cheat academy giving them an unlimited supply of high quality mids that they can trade out for first rounders to draft in more high quality mids to trade out
What some don't understand. This aspect of what they were gifted will go on too the cows come home.
Rinse & repeat.

He is on here for (c)lick bait likes for the vocal majority of ball cuppers . Makes s**t up and I’m even starting to doubt he watches games and if he does then he has nfi. His balls rubbing on Kosi was hilarious.
Has lost any of my credibility bc he backs every player in hoping he will eventually gets something right on them.

Last edited:
He is on here for (c)lick bait likes for the vocal majority of ball cuppers . Makes s**t up and I’m even starting to doubt he watches games and if he does then he has nfi. His balls rubbing on Kosi was hilarious.
Has lost any of my credibility bc he backs every player in hoping he will eventually get something right on them.
I've got nothing against him. I don't think he has been rude to me, if he has i cant recall. Sticking up for most players is ok but there are some where questions need to be asked and debated.

Where it gets to crossing a line of the player is bigger than the club and the player shouldn't be in the best 22 (e.g. Castagna) but people keep saying he deserves his spot, it becomes insane.

Hopper has all his work ahead of him and the questions are starting. And rightly so. It's looking like drafting him was a huge mistake.

I've got nothing against him. I don't think he has been rude to me, if he has i cant recall. Sticking up for most players is ok but there are some where questions need to be asked and debated.

Where it gets to crossing a line of the player is bigger than the club and the player shouldn't be in the best 22 (e.g. Castagna) but people keep saying he deserves his spot, it becomes insane.

Hopper has all his work ahead of him and the questions are starting. And rightly so. It's looking like drafting him was a huge mistake.
I don’t like his contradictory posts and nothing against him. He’s like our version of Eddy Everywhere and just appears to making stuff up to suit his agenda of getting cheap likes. He’s probably a nice bloke so nothing against him, but the amount of contradictory posts that comes out is draining. In the Sonsie thread he just posted we need players better by foot and hands, yet he’s backing Hopper in.There’s got to be a balance and with Hopper I never really watched him closely until he arrived at the club so that’s why I was quiet in the trade thread on him. He’s got massive flaws and even if he goes on Botched I can’t see them going away. 😂

Last edited:
Has lost any of my credibility bc he backs every player in hoping he will eventually gets something right on them.
First of all I'm a fully grown man, Indont give a heck who likes my posts. Secondly I watch every game either live or on TV and catch most VFL games. And what ball rubbing was there on Kosi? All I said was he made a contest with Moore....which he did. And lastly you know it's not true that I back every player because ive been as critical as anyone of your man crush Ben Miller for ages. I've also been calling for McIntosh, Grimes and Graham not to be gifted games any more.

I regularly called for Castagna to be dropped son. Questions aren't starting with Hopper after one poor practice match. All Insaod was henjad one good praccy and one bad one and that he played the season under dures last year. That's just stating the facts.
I don’t like his contradictory posts and nothing against him. He’s like our version of Eddy Everywhere and just appears to making stuff up to suit his agenda of getting cheap likes. He’s probably a nice bloke so nothing against him, but the amount of contradictory posts that comes out is draining. In the Sonsie thread he just posted we need players better by foot and hands, yet he’s backing Hopper in.There’s got to be a balance and with Hopper I never really watched him closely until he arrived at the club so that’s why I was quiet in the trade thread on him. He’s got massive flaws and even if he goes on Botched I can’t see them going away. 😂
What have I made up? and what has been contradictory? Yes I said Hopper is in the side to win the hard ball. It's only common sense that you're outside players need to have good footskills, nothing revolutionary there bud. Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams are absolute butchers by foot but they had Pendlebury and Crisp to give the ball to after winning it inside. Oliver and Petracca are poor by foot, should they not be in the dees best side? Hopper is usually much better by foot than he was on the weekend. He’s a better kick than Prestia and Taranto.

As I keep saying, let's wait and see how he goes in season. His footy at gws was far better than he has produced for us. If he gets back to that level I'm sure you two benders will move on to your next target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all I'm a fully grown man, Indont give a * who likes my posts. Secondly I watch every game either live or on TV and catch most VFL games. And what ball rubbing was there on Kosi? All I said was he made a contest with Moore....which he did. And lastly you know it's not true that I back every player because ive been as critical as anyone of your man crush Ben Miller for ages. I've also been calling for McIntosh, Grimes and Graham not to be gifted games any more.

I regularly called for Castagna to be dropped son. Questions aren't starting with Hopper after one poor practice match. All Insaod was henjad one good praccy and one bad one and that he played the season under dures last year. That's just stating the facts.

What have I made up? and what has been contradictory? Yes I said Hopper is in the side to win the hard ball. It's only common sense that you're outside players need to have good footskills, nothing revolutionary there bud. Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams are absolute butchers by foot but they had Pendlebury and Crisp to give the ball to after winning it inside. Oliver and Petracca are poor by foot, should they not be in the dees best side? Hopper is usually much better by foot than he was on the weekend. He’s a better kick than Prestia and Taranto.

As I keep saying, let's wait and see how he goes in season. His footy at gws was far better than he has produced for us. If he gets back to that level I'm sure you two benders will move on to your next target.
Good morning.

I wasn't inferring that specifically you didn't call for Castagna to be dropped. Anyone that did at the time, I can respect on that front.

But questions are starting re Hopper I can assure you.

Stay classy.

Perks of the cheat academy giving them an unlimited supply of high quality mids that they can trade out for first rounders to draft in more high quality mids to trade out
true,they got the Adams and Trealor moves right as well,Treloar cost the filth a flag by putting it on McGovern's tit and in the same game Adams diabolocal disposal in the heat of the last qtr was on full display,absolute butcher
yes they had big favours GWS but geez theyre spot on with their eye and the cleaning out of the turnover merchants.

I wasn't inferring that specifically you didn't call for Castagna to be dropped. Anyone that did at the time, I can respect on that front.

But questions are starting re Hopper I can assure you.

Stay classy.
No they are not.

No they are not.
Yes they are. Supporters are asking questions. If you think they arent starting to, you'd have to ignore the 6 or 7 posters on this thread and about another dozen plus on the gameday thread.

Whether you disagree with them is an entirely different matter, but questions are starting to be asked.

Unproven players at our club on big dollars can not afford to have bad games.

If he stinks up the next few and he's fit it's only going to get worse.

Yes they are. Supporters are asking questions. If you think they arent starting to, you'd have to ignore the 6 or 7 posters on this thread and about another dozen plus on the gameday thread.

Whether you disagree with them is an entirely different matter, but questions are starting to be asked.

Bad practice matches? :$

I would hardly be stating "questions being asked" by posters on big footy as concerning.

The same could have been said about most of our recruits at one time or another.

The carry on on here after a bad practice match is more concerning and questions should be asked of these supporters moreso.

First of all I'm a fully grown man, Indont give a * who likes my posts. Secondly I watch every game either live or on TV and catch most VFL games. And what ball rubbing was there on Kosi? All I said was he made a contest with Moore....which he did. And lastly you know it's not true that I back every player because ive been as critical as anyone of your man crush Ben Miller for ages. I've also been calling for McIntosh, Grimes and Graham not to be gifted games any more.

Your alright TT we agree and disagree on some points. On Hopper we just disagree, I think he is a major spud who will continually get gifted games because our club won't admit we made a mistake.

I would hardly be stating "questions being asked" by posters on big footy as concerning.

The same could have been said about most of our recruits at one time or another.

The carry on on here after a bad practice match is more concerning and questions should be asked of these supporters moreso.
What you gauge as concerning is your opinion, which you are entitled to. Your opinion is equal to that of the next person who you may disagree with, so if a few big footy posters posts have no value, so do yours by the same test you apply.

But more and more people will be questioning him this year if there are games like Tuesday.

What concerns you is your opinion, which you are entitled to. Your opinion is equal to that of the next person who you may disagree with, so if a few big footy posters posts have no value, so do yours by the same test you apply.

But more and more people will be questioning him this year if there are games like Tuesday.
You are correct, our irrelevant opinions have the same value.

When the club starts asking questions, then it becomes a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back