Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

need him fit. was huge last night, the bloke can play and im super excited by the prospect of him playing a full season
Yes ... we saw last week and the second half this week what life without the Giant pair would look like ... a healthy Tom Lynch would have had us Top8 last year and this ... I am 100% on us rolling the dice to take advantage of his final years

Last edited:
Our midfield led by Hopper were giving the Dees mids a bath up until half time.

Imagine coming in here s**t canning Hopper, you’d have to be some kind of flog.

The poor bloke has been good when he can play and this injury feels like it’s on the club, not him.
FOR a start....lets begine at the biggining...

Hopper hasnt played much football that is = to his pay packet since he has been at the club, actualy if you open your eyes you may notice that its way below his pay packet. Last night he did 3 -4 good things and spamed it up nearly every time he had to kick the ball which is inline with the other spud disposal genious we have in TT. The reason we lost it after half time is that the kids are not able to play consistant football for 4 quarters which is natural for a young team. Dont come here trying to tell me it was because hopper went down. it had nothing to do with it. PS no one wants a player to be injured and I feel for him. I just dont like what ive seen so far.

Hopper hasnt played much football that is = to his pay packet since he has been at the club, actualy if you open your eyes you may notice that its way below his pay packet. Last night he did 3 -4 good things and spamed it up nearly every time he had to kick the ball which is inline with the other spud disposal genious we have in TT. The reason we lost it after half time is that the kids are not able to play consistant football for 4 quarters which is natural for a young team. Dont come here trying to tell me it was because hopper went down. it had nothing to do with it. PS no one wants a player to be injured and I feel for him. I just dont like what ive seen so far.
he was on the ground for 48% of the match and was our equal highest possession getter for the match with 23 disposals. when he went off they started getting first use and clean extractions from clearance. absolutely had an impact on the result.

he was on the ground for 48% of the match and was our equal highest possession getter for the match with 23 disposals. when he went off they started getting first use and clean extractions from clearance. absolutely had an impact on the result.
it had nothing to do with our inexperienced players running out of juice?
23 disposals of what? no point getting it 23 times and giving it away 15 times ?

it had nothing to do with our inexperienced players running out of juice?
23 disposals of what? no point getting it 23 times and giving it away 15 times ?
Ofcourse players tiring is a factor. You're saying taking the dominant inside mid on the ground out of our midfield had no bearing on the result... and he didn't give it away 15 times did he? You just pulled that stat out of your arse.

Ofcourse players tiring is a factor. You're saying taking the dominant inside mid on the ground out of our midfield had no bearing on the result... and he didn't give it away 15 times did he? You just pulled that stat out of your arse.
Has Hopper as his captain in SC.

Hopper should be given captaincy next year.

Bloke cares. You see it when he plays. He’s involved in everything. If he can get over the injuries he’s a vital cog in our midfield. He was a beauty at GWS and will be here too he’s just been unlucky. Coming into his peak now.

Nank can’t captain next season

Bloke cares. You see it when he plays. He’s involved in everything. If he can get over the injuries he’s a vital cog in our midfield. He was a beauty at GWS and will be here too he’s just been unlucky. Coming into his peak now.

That’s a ridiculous call TB as he’s hardly on the park. Then again he can be captain of the RFC Injury List. 😜

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

off course I pulled it out of my ass, I'm not one to quote stats to prove a point, just watch the game.
To be fair I was really paying attention to his disposals and play this game so I guess the microscope was on.

Fine, I'll bite,

Starting at the start is a good starting point.

His pay packet isnt that big of a deal despite you and many wanting it to be.

My eyes are open, cant see without them

Inside mids with low DE, crazy

Never said we lost because Hopper went down, strange rant.

Trust this clears it up.

I reckon Taranto is a fair chance

Although I wasn’t a massive fan of him staying on field I didn’t mind seeing Hopper so emotional with the injury

He was ******* pissed and even kicked the bench
For a side that’s smashed by injury’s and probably going to have an underwhelming seasons it’s still nice to know the players give a heck

Although I wasn’t a massive fan of him staying on field I didn’t mind seeing Hopper so emotional with the injury

He was ******* pissed and even kicked the bench
For a side that’s smashed by injury’s and probably going to have an underwhelming seasons it’s still nice to know the players give a *
He is also on record as saying he needs to do his part for the team, he is a bloody ripping fella and hes not stupid, he knows he needs to play and deliver.

He is also on record as saying he needs to do his part for the team, he is a bloody ripping fella and hes not stupid, he knows he needs to play and deliver.
It’s another aspect that gets overlooked when people are judging them (Taranto and Hopper) without them our oldest starting mids would be Prestia and Graham
They are providing massive amounts of leadership not just for the midfield but the entire club

You've got rocks in your head if you can't see Hoppers value to the side. We looked far better in the middle in the first half.

Our midfield will be one of the best once Ross and Taranto are back, and if Sonsie ever gets played there....
Yup even when he turned it over it still meant Melbourne didn’t get the quick clearance a turnover at half back is a lot less damaging compared to a complete loss of the contest at a centre bounce

Especially with 666 rules

Yup even when he turned it over it still meant Melbourne didn’t get the quick clearance a turnover at half back is a lot less damaging compared to a complete loss of the contest at a centre bounce

Especially with 666 rules
Hoppers first half would have looked even better if we had KPF's, or anyone capable of taking a mark under a high ball.

Fine, I'll bite,

Starting at the start is a good starting point.

His pay packet isnt that big of a deal despite you and many wanting it to be.

My eyes are open, cant see without them

Inside mids with low DE, crazy

Never said we lost because Hopper went down, strange rant.

Trust this clears it up.
Pay packet is always a big deal, if a player gets 500K a year vs a player who is getting 150k, then there should be an expectation to perform.

We can't be bashing the kids on minimal wages and turn a blind eye to players getting much more money?

So when you call us Flogs I call us insightful fans who care and also are realists.

Hope that clears this up as well.

Pay packet is always a big deal, if a player gets 500K a year vs a player who is getting 150k, then there should be an expectation to perform.

We can't be bashing the kids on minimal wages and turn a blind eye to players getting much more money?

So when you call us Flogs I call us insightful fans who care and also are realists.

Hope that clears this up as well.
$700K for a player of Hoppers talent and ability really isnt that much.

I dont bash the kids, I leave that for the flogs

Yeah I don't understand the Hopper hate train happening in here.
We paid overs in the trade, sure, I'm happy to concede that. However, that's not his fault lol. We have people in here 100% hating on him only because of what we paid to get him.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be judging a player based on what the club pays for them. You judge the club.

Hopper was having a great game the other night and anyone denying that can only see the picks and the salary whenever they're watching him.
What I saw was a bloke cracking in and clearly heavily invested in what we are building here. He was absolutely shattered when he did his hammy and due to his dedication to this club, stayed on and got involved in a scoring chain. When he finally went off he was distraught. If we overpay for passion like that then I'm okay with that as they are the types of people you want in your club.

The trade and the contract already happened. It's time to move on and judge him fairly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back