VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

I'm no fan of Robinson and putting to one side what the VAFA may or may not do in the future, there are many neurologists, neuro-surgeons, and neuroscientists et al who have expertise in concussion protocols who are of the view that a 12 day standdown is insufficient.
That's fine , but Slobbo is just on a bandwagon

I'm no fan of Robinson and putting to one side what the VAFA may or may not do in the future, there are many neurologists, neuro-surgeons, and neuroscientists et al who have expertise in concussion protocols who are of the view that a 12 day standdown is insufficient.
Agreed - good post. Bedford is out of touch with relevant protocols ...... maybe too many **** knocks?

Agreed - good post. Bedford is out of touch with relevant protocols ...... maybe too many **** knocks?
I thought every concussion case was different in its own right, correct me if wrong

Having a 28 day blanket rule could be overkill for some, not for others

I thought every concussion case was different in its own right, correct me if wrong

Having a 28 day blanket rule could be overkill for some, not for others
I can't recall reading where anyone with expertise has suggested it'll be a one-size-fits-all approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VAFAUA - anything more to this? or no not enough candidates to elect a new president?

"The special resolution and new president election that was scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30pm has been cancelled and postponed indefinitely. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will come out with more information about a new date for the special resolution and new president election in the next two weeks."

As someone who spends time as an advocate. Some penalties are too hard. Outcome over action. A very difficult predicament.

Appreciate its difficult predicament 👌

The 21 days rule is primarily to manage concussion however we need to look at ways of reducing them as well.

If the idea is to prevent concussions there needs to be a bigger deterrent.

Looks like it - Impossible to implement and monitor, complete reliance on the honesty of the player.

How ya feeling? Yeah, I'm right to go coach.
Should make for an interesting members meeting on the 13 March. Also rumour has it Frank the Tank has applied to be appointed back on the VAFA Board. After the "airing" of some of his early emails the New Board will say Noooooooooooo - the clubs have spoken as well.

Looks like it - Impossible to implement and monitor, complete reliance on the honesty of the player.

How ya feeling? Yeah, I'm right to go coach.
The clubs trainers are there to support the players and coaches for head knocks.

There is more scrutiny and awareness on concussion than ever before as we all know. So they are trained on the symptoms and it is also part of the coaching re-accreditation covers concussion identification.

Personally I think the 21 day rule is good.

However we must keep in mind that the 21 days is a minimum and I personally wouldn’t never try and rush someone back early if they hadn’t been approved by a doctor.

The clubs trainers are there to support the players and coaches for head knocks.

There is more scrutiny and awareness on concussion than ever before as we all know. So they are trained on the symptoms and it is also part of the coaching re-accreditation covers concussion identification.

Personally I think the 21 day rule is good.

However we must keep in mind that the 21 days is a minimum and I personally wouldn’t never try and rush someone back early if they hadn’t been approved by a doctor.
It's actually 20 days and they can return on the 21st day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back