TV Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That number hides a lot.
300k lost (27%) between the start and end; only 2 quarters didn't lose fans (Acclaimed; Christian & Lucha/Jungle Boy) and I think we're now at 6 of the past 8 weeks where the main event has been the worst rated segment of the night (the only exceptions being Grand Slam & Brian/Jericho the week prior).

That number hides a lot.
300k lost (27%) between the start and end; only 2 quarters didn't lose fans (Acclaimed; Christian & Lucha/Jungle Boy) and I think we're now at 6 of the past 8 weeks where the main event has been the worst rated segment of the night (the only exceptions being Grand Slam & Brian/Jericho the week prior).
Reckon next week will be the same. Sounds like a promising ep, but am in no way interested in Jericho/Bryan 32

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonder if HHH is chucking a fit OR writing it off as "oh, you beat our developmental" like he did last time.

NXT rose in the demo from last week and kept the majority of it's weekly audience (dropping only 61k on last week & still higher than the Sept 27 & Oct 4th episodes) --- I'd say that it's pretty clear at this point NXT and AEW have mostly a separate set of fans.

wonder if HHH is chucking a fit OR writing it off as "oh, you beat our developmental" like he did last time.
Well it is the developmental and it wasn’t that far a gap so I doubt he would even really give a s**t to be honest?

Well it is the developmental and it wasn’t that far a gap so I doubt he would even really give a s**t to be honest?
It’s only developmental when they lose, he said previously years back it’s their 3rd brand. If he didn’t care, why did they cross-promote some main roster stars?

It’s only developmental when they lose, he said previously years back it’s their 3rd brand. If he didn’t care, why did they cross-promote some main roster stars?
Call I third brand whatever NXT has been the pits. Even with main roster appearances you won’t get a lot of people switch over.

Why would the WWE care when NXT raised its demographic & kept the majority of its audience.

At the end of the day it’s a business that’s focused on making money— the WWE is a billion dollar company, it doesn’t care about AEW.

They have had main roster "stars" appear on the show for weeks now and they probably put more on this week than any other week to try and retain their audience due to Dynamite being on. If they wanted to "beat" a Dynamite ranking they could have easily thrown a Roman, Seth or Drew for example in a match of some sort.

In the end both did good results considering the circumstances.

Call I third brand whatever NXT has been the pits. Even with main roster appearances you won’t get a lot of people switch over.

When’s there’s 5 hours of regular programming a week, throw in 3 hours a month of PLE, people outside of the die hards are probably too burnt out to dedicate another 2 hours to developmental.

As for the pits, a few months back my opinion was that it’s flow and character interaction/development was almost better than the main shows prior to the HHH takeover, but I haven’t watched as intently lately due to time.

When’s there’s 5 hours of regular programming a week, throw in 3 hours a month of PLE, people outside of the die hards are probably too burnt out to dedicate another 2 hours to developmental.

As for the pits, a few months back my opinion was that it’s flow and character interaction/development was almost better than the main shows prior to the HHH takeover, but I haven’t watched as intently lately due to time.
They could have Seth, KO, Drew, Roman, Kross, Bray etc appear on NXT and I still ain't watching it I am sure others would but not for me. Catch the highlight of a promo or part of a match on socials but that is it as you said watching Raw SD and Dynamite is hard enough time wise these days got zero interest in trying to keep up with another show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back