TV Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Punk and Omega return and the ratings don’t move.

Raw and Smackdown growing AEW treading water. Bit of a concern they just don’t have the names to draw any kind of major appeal

Punk and Omega return and the ratings don’t move.

Raw and Smackdown growing AEW treading water. Bit of a concern they just don’t have the names to draw any kind of major appeal

Both were surprises though I guess. Weren’t really promoted.

Also, does Punk strike you as a star when you see him? The initial return buzz and excitement has certainly waned. He’s basically a walking talking advertisement for the other mob too.

And does Omega have any great appeal to people outside of the Indy crowd that is already watching anyway? He certainly has potential to if he doesn’t already.

I’m not suggesting one way or the other but it’s an interesting thought, and we’re getting some sort of insight with the ratings.

Last edited:
Both were surprises though I guess. Weren’t really promoted.

Also, does Punk strike you as a star when you see him? The initial return buzz and excitement has certainly waned. He’s basically a walking talking advertisement for the other mob too.

And does Omega have any great appeal to people outside of the Indy crowd that is already watching anyway? He certainly has potential to if he doesn’t already.

I’m not suggesting one way or the other but it’s an interesting thought, and we’re getting some sort of insight with the ratings.

The Young Bucks had a “mystery” partner for the 6 man tag tournament. If the audience isn’t able to identify that it was Omega, then I have no idea how they are even capable of changing the channel.

It was obvious that Omega was going to return.

Rampage Mid 400s and Dynamite in the 900s again.

But 1.1 mil was supposed to be the new minimum this year.

Wasn't that what we were told?

No surprise there. You’d be worried if you couldn’t pop a rating with Mox/Punk.
The interesting numbers will be the quarters - were they able to hold the audience post Title match or did plenty tune out? And does your booking decision tonight hook viewers to tune in to your follow-up or drive them away again next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise there. You’d be worried if you couldn’t pop a rating with Mox/Punk.
The interesting numbers will be the quarters - were they able to hold the audience post Title match or did plenty tune out? And does your booking decision tonight hook viewers to tune in to your follow-up or drive them away again next week.

Yea this is the question for me. Not only for future viewers but All Out Buys also. Could (and I stress could, nothing definite) have lost a few.

Dynamite 1M for three straight weeks

Raw 2M for three straight weeks

SmackDown over 2M for a taped show and hovering there consistently despite NFL airing in some markets on Fox in recent weeks.

NXT in the 600K’s.

Whilst ratings aren’t the be all end all that they once were, it’s great results all round for wrestling lately

The best bit is they dont seem to be cannibalising each other. I think with Vince gone the E might not see the need to kill competition and see it as more healthy for pro wrestling as a whole if they're not losing viewers. Their only downside as a company with AEW's existence is probably a few higher salaries to keep stars. The flipside is you can poach ready made main eventers.

The best bit is they dont seem to be cannibalising each other. I think with Vince gone the E might not see the need to kill competition and see it as more healthy for pro wrestling as a whole if they're not losing viewers. Their only downside as a company with AEW's existence is probably a few higher salaries to keep stars. The flipside is you can poach ready made main eventers.
I don't think they would ever see it like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back